Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Returning to golf after 12 years

Go down 
+7
dmateo
Daztasiumz
joelsujq
asahi
TourSwing
Lee36328
mox
11 posters
AuthorMessage
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

Returning to golf after 12 years Empty
PostSubject: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 4:12 pm

good day everyone

After playing for 3-4 years (mainly with my dad and his friends), i stopped. And now, after 12 years, i decided to pick up the clubs again a few months back. so, i am effectively a beginner and have a lot to learn from the fine folk here.

i have been reading this forum quite a bit and just wanted to say hi to everyone here and hope that i can learn from the experts here!

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:13 pm

Welcome back. May you discover new levels of enjoyment with this fine game.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 8:41 pm

I just hit the range today after 2-3 weeks away from the game, and it felt like an eternity!!! Very Happy

But I kind off know the feeling ... I left golf when i went off to the US for college, and only started playing again last year when I moved to Singapore ... Thats around 12-13 yrs as well, though I did play a handful of rounds during that time ...

The main difference I noticed was the enhanced technology: better equipment, trackman and other launch monitors, and most of all the internet and its videos and forums

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 11:10 pm

Mox, Lee is one of the experts here btw.

And TourSwing, seeing how you hit the balls, it is as if you never left the game!
affraid

Anyway, welcome Mox!
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Tourswing, yes indeed I am facing a load of new tech/equipment.

when i last played, people were still wearing metal-spiked shoes and i dont recall seeing hybrids around....

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:30 am

mox wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Tourswing, yes indeed I am facing a load of new tech/equipment.

when i last played, people were still wearing metal-spiked shoes and i dont recall seeing hybrids around....

Ahh yes , metal spikes indeed ... still remember the noise shoes would make on the path walking towards the first tee!! I had a Big Bertha back then, and it seemed HUGE! and now we have 460cc drivers Swing
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 am

asahi wrote:

And TourSwing, seeing how you hit the balls, it is as if you never left the game!
affraid

I used to hit it equally far back then (as a young teenager)!!! But sideaways!!! Made me lose interest in the game ... Sad
But now , countless hrs of youtube and forums, have helped change me from a SLICER to a DRAWer, from picking the ball to compressing it, etc ... Lifes so much better now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 12:48 pm

ahah the big bertha!

i think it's more fun shopping for golf stuff now.. i can spend endless hours in those golf shops...
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 1:32 pm

asahi wrote:
Mox, Lee is one of the experts here btw.

affraid

Anyway, welcome Mox!

Asahi is too kind here.

I went to the range a few times 20 years back, but nothing about it compelled me to return.

I re-started about 2-3 years back, and whoa! What a world of difference.

The industry and the technology available have both come a long way in 12 years. Hybrids, SGI clubs, better ball technology, improved teaching methods, and many other developments have made this game more accessible and enjoyable.

The net revolutionised how people got together, shared their interests, and learnt off each other.

Welcome back. There's never been a better time to be playing this game.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:27 am

Hi Lee,

I notice you have a few of the revered miura clubs.

could you let me know how can one get their irons apart from ordering direct?

perhaps even somewhere to see and feel the clubs in singapore?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:20 am

mox wrote:
Hi Lee,

No problem. Sent you a PM.
Back to top Go down
joelsujq
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:35 pm

i'm getting out of golf.... wanna sell my clubs...
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:21 pm

joelsujq wrote:
i'm getting out of golf.... wanna sell my clubs...

Ohhh no wonder u went ard replying to meet the quota?
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:50 pm

mox if you're in the east region of singapore you can join us in the SSN session in MBGC driving range. If I'm around you should be able to try the club.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:53 am

my office is in raffles place so mbgc is pretty nearby and i would love to join you guys at the ssn one of these days if time/work permits.

and, thanks for your kind offer but it looks like your irons are the LE blades? if so, i dont think i am up to the mark to play blades... but thanks very much for the offer anyway and hope to see you at mbgc soon.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 8:21 am

Mox, I also took a long hiatus (about 15 years) before I started to play again. And, it's been fun. It's not so much the game as it is the company for me. I never thought I'd find a bunch of folks as crazy as me... worse, they're crazier Smile

Anyway, welcome back to the sport. You'll start to wonder why you left it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 9:11 am

mox wrote:
Hi Lee,

U can get it from Torque Golf in Laguna. Apparently, they are the distributors for South East Asia.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:20 am

i also returning to golf... after 3 months... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
mox

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:29 am

lol! And I am sure many here will be returning to golf this weekend too... after 1 week... or maybe even less.. On Green
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Master

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:55 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
i also returning to golf... after 3 months... Very Happy

u don't play like u just returned to golf
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning to golf after 12 years   Returning to golf after 12 years I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Returning to golf after 12 years
Page 1 of 1