Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stack and Tilt

Go down 
+13
pocketace
shamusan
Slicer51
nutty88
essentiale
nojackdontdoit
stl67
jhan18
golf_snowman
GolferAlpha
TourSwing
shorthitter
eiji
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 12:14 am

Been reading a bit about this on wrx, anyone teaches this swing method locally? I understand the classic swing is still a tried and tested method, but having tested it today at the range, i find that stack and tilt produces pretty consistent results for me on the irons, didn't dare try it with the driver.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 7:45 am

It is not taught locally, There are people who can teach it, but not as the "preferred" teaching method.
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:57 am

Any update on this?
Back to top Go down
GolferAlpha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:25 am

Erm , i've been using this for about 3weeks now . Results are more consistent . I dont know why , but it works better with the driver than the iron . Nonetheless , both gave a consistent result .
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:40 pm

if I dun remember wrongly, when I had my lesson with jhan sometime ago, this was taught to me...maybe you would like to confirm this with jhan again.....
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional
jhan18

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:25 pm

Sorry mate but I don't teach stack and tilt and I don't advocate the method
Back to top Go down
stl67
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:40 pm

This thread is a bit old. Like to find out who in SG teaches Stack and Tilt.
I tried out all kind swings, so far this S&T seems to work for me. I was skeptical in the beginning though but decides to give it a try. Would like to get a proper lesson instead of reading from the internet and trying out on my own.
Back to top Go down
nojackdontdoit
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
nojackdontdoit

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:32 am

EHHHH HANBAO.

i think stack and tilt very interesting eh.

its generally for experienced and strong players and the pivot will be only on your left foot.

plummer and bennett said also its only for players who already has the muscle memory of hitting the ball at the same spot all the time. so i wouldnt recommend it to like the common average golfer.

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:37 pm

nojackdontdoit wrote:

plummer and bennett said also its only for players who already has the muscle memory of hitting the ball at the same spot all the time.

Coach ... you sure about this? If its true, I'd be very surprised! One of the primary benefits of S & T is that there's no movement away from the ball, and therefore hitting the ball at the same spot becomes .. much easier!!!
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
nojackdontdoit
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
nojackdontdoit

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 pm

i read a couple of articles and needless to say , if someone doesnt have the ability to contact sweetly its going to be hard.

because of its unnatural tilting , i wouldnt recommend this to the average joe.

tilting left on the backswing sounds and looks weird alrdy but its proven that once you grasp that concept , your body will not move away from the ball thus easier to hit the ball at the same spot all the time.

lets say an average beginner learns this i dont think he can change back to the normal conventional swing with ease but with experienced players even with a weird or unorthodox backswing they can still contact the ball .
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 1:02 am

Check this out... http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2010-09/photos-stack-tilt-sean-foley#slide=1

Appears Sean foley advocates similar teachings to the stack and tilt method. I personally like foley's swing and am trying to follow it
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 5:17 pm

I have read the S&T book, watched numerous videos on youtube and have been trying out this swing method. I must say I am not entirely there yet but I am seeing good results especially with irons and fariway wood. I can feel the sweet contacts with my irons and I certainly don't think the tilting on the backswing is anything but unnatural.

Played yesterday for the first time after 2-3 weeks of "intensive" training on this swing. I wasn't quite able to launch my driver high but it did give me a lot of roll and luckily the ground was hard. I need to remind myself to slide my hips forward on the downswing and tuck in my butt after that.

I am still have a bit of a problem with dropping my left shoulder on the downswing which resulted in swinging too flat. I also need to use my shoulders more and less with my arms since I overswing a lot. Overall, it is really good and I believe my game should improve further.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:22 pm

nutty88 wrote:
I have read the S&T book, watched numerous videos on youtube and have been trying out this swing method. I must say I am not entirely there yet but I am seeing good results especially with irons and fariway wood. I can feel the sweet contacts with my irons and I certainly don't think the tilting on the backswing is anything but unnatural.

Played yesterday for the first time after 2-3 weeks of "intensive" training on this swing. I wasn't quite able to launch my driver high but it did give me a lot of roll and luckily the ground was hard. I need to remind myself to slide my hips forward on the downswing and tuck in my butt after that.

I am still have a bit of a problem with dropping my left shoulder on the downswing which resulted in swinging too flat. I also need to use my shoulders more and less with my arms since I overswing a lot. Overall, it is really good and I believe my game should improve further.

If you are serious about S&T .. order the new DVD set ... Stack and Tilt 2.0 ... highly recommended cheers
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 11:50 pm

@Tourswing, I am not sure what is in the DVD that are not covered in the book (less the videos of course), so care to share?

Basically, I find that the book describes the swing method very well and I just have to be patience to practice it.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 12:05 am

nutty88 wrote:
@Tourswing, I am not sure what is in the DVD that are not covered in the book (less the videos of course), so care to share?

Basically, I find that the book describes the swing method very well and I just have to be patience to practice it.

The book is definitely good ... and the original dvd was ok at best ... the new DVD is awesome!

DVD 1/4 ... a video of a typical S&T clinic they do ... nothing to write home about
DVD 2/4 ... the breakdown of the S&T swing ... like the original DVD ... but much more mature presentation ... better and detailed.
DVD 3/4 ... a separate section on the driver ... wow!!! all the unanswered questions from the book illustrated with detail ... also a drills section which is good for ppl new to the model
DVD 4/4 ... Half an hour of pure unadulterated artistry ... around 8 pga pros hitting their 6I and driver ... with no annoying commentary ... assisted with trackman numbers, pressure pad readings showing changes in weight distribution, and pro tracer showing the flight ...

I would buy the DVD set for the fourth DVD alone ... just watch it for a bit ... and you start hitting the most beautiful draws ... amazing how your eyes can teach you the stroke!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks Tourswing for the information. Will certainly consider.

Are you on S&T as well?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Anyone know what is the different between this S&T swing and the Right Side Swing ?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:38 pm

anyone wanna order this together?
Back to top Go down
essentiale
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:21 pm

http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/stackandtilt.htm

anyone read this? i only just saw it but took note of the harm it could do to the body..
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:27 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Thanks Tourswing for the information. Will certainly consider.

Are you on S&T as well?

Not a 100%, but I have incorporated bits and pieces ... never knew what compression felt like until I tried S and T ... changed my game forever!

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Anyone know what is the different between this S&T swing and the Right Side Swing ?

Here you go ...

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t11924-different-between-stack-and-tilt-swing-and-right-side-swing

do note this is from the perspective of a Right Sided Swing coach!
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:35 pm

essentiale wrote:
http://perfectgolfswingreview.net/stackandtilt.htm

anyone read this? i only just saw it but took note of the harm it could do to the body..

From the S&T website:

Critics: What They Say

Top criticisms:

Injury : It will hurt the golfers back.

We have had the largest quantity of players of any instructor on the tour over the past four years. Not one of our players have missed even a single tournament to injury. Compare that to Tiger Woods, the world’s greatest player who misses 8 months due to major knee surgery. Paul Casey, another top player missed 8 months with broken ribs which resulted from a drill he was working on with Peter Kostis. Greg Norman, former No. 1 player in the world recently had back surgery. Yet their methods or instructors are not considered to cause injuries. This is because the techniques they use are so vaguely described, they are at best abstract. This makes them difficult to criticize. Doctors have scrutinized the Stack & Tilt® swing many times, all of which result in their supporting our method as safe for the golfer’s back. Only those who do not fully investigate it are left leveling that criticism.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Some teasers from DVD 4:

Stack and Tilt 1scree10

Stack and Tilt Screen10

Stack and Tilt Screen11
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 9:12 am

My personal experience after taking a bunch of lessons with them to tryout the RSS with the now defunct Gary Edwin and Peter Senior Academy at OCC many moons ago - its not for everyone

At one point our national team were all coached by the RSS coaches. So there are good things bout that method. It was a joy for me to watch the RSS players strike the ball. Effortless power!

My personal take is that for someone starting the game, it's great to learn RSS. for those who has been playing for a while, it's a bit challenging to switch to RSS. I gave up. Not enough time and talent to make the switch.

Just sharing. Like with any swing change, expect your scores to plummet until you ingrained the new swing. One must commit time to practice, to persevere, to get coaching. Else it will be a long hard road as I think RSS is quite a radically different way to swing. But those who achieve it will enjoy the fruits of labour! Good luck!

More links on RSS and SnT
http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instruction/2007-06/stackandtilt3_gd0706
http://www.golflink.com/about_4492_stack-tilt-golf-method.html
http://www.golftipsmag.com/instruction/full-swing/lessons/its-a-right-sided-swing.html

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stack and Tilt Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stack and Tilt   Stack and Tilt I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stack and Tilt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next