Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chutzpah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011 Empty
PostSubject: World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011   World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:39 am

Hi, I heard of the WGC tournament for amateur golfers coming up on the 28th September. This time, the course for the international finals is the 72 hole course in Kwazulu-Natal South Africa; the winning team of 5 Singapore/ PR players get to go to an all expenses paid trip there. I’m going to sign up through Laguna, but I think there are a few others involved, Keppel and Seletar. Go check it out: www.wgc-singapore.com. What do you think? Worth it?
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011   World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:56 am

The website is having problem, cannot register now.

I have joined one of these WGC events 2 years ago, in Morocco. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would say the organization is at best 6. Local agent in Singapore is helpful to some extent, but the main organisers (from UK) did not communicate well. We pre-paid some of the photos, and they were never sent to us after we returned to Singapore. Local agent can't trace the official photographer who took our money, and this was co-sponsored by Moroccan Tourism Ministry!

Don't expect much in terms of prize.....I got a bronze plate the size of a stand fan, nothing else, for runnerup. Same as for Champion. The only thing worthwhile was that we took it as an organised golf trip/competition to 5 of the best courses in Moroccoa.
Back to top Go down
chutzpah
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011   World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:07 pm

For amateur status, from what I heard, the standard is such that the prize should not be more than US$1500 per head (!) Yes, I’ve also heard that the prize is also the course. In Singapore quite a few clubs are participating, it’s not a one-club exclusive like what lots of games here are like. Sorry maybe this link works better http://www.wgc-singapore.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011   World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Golfers Championship Singapore 2011
Page 1 of 1