Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH

Go down 
+29
ghoonk
HyBriD
Roystonnn
acidic88
zixter
Technospaz
sgdaniel
sandkie
Lee36328
jfactor67
Derek
duffader
nutty88
DGman
jurongtiger
Kookk
TigaWood
eiji
pocketace
rsenal
abadan
Duval_S
Khorkar
mizzy
Turbo
guy013
TheFocalPoint
Aloyboy
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH Empty
PostSubject: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 pm

Anyone has experience with both shaft? I am currently using ns pro, thinking of changing to TT DG.
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:02 pm

wat flex are u using for nspro?
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:03 pm

don't need to think. Project X lah.
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:18 pm

i really want to try project X but the fitter at Golf House kept telling me that i will be better off with NS Pro after analysing my swing and making me hit both shafts. he said due to its weight i will get tired before 18 holes and ruin my game.

even after that i kept looking at the project X because i just love the way it looks! but in the end decided to listen to the fitter and went with NS pro. until today i still keep thinking whether i should change to the project X even though i can hit ok with the NS pro shaft. i guess not all shafts suit everybody's swings
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:01 pm

NSPRO shaft tends to generate balloon ball flight.

Either Proj X or DG is better. However, the former is more pricey.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 10:16 pm

don't listen to the GH fitter. getting tired by 18 hole? nonsense.

i have played NSP, PX and DG.
its all about what suits you.
if you go to a good fitter, sure let them fit a shaft for you.
ultimately play what you feel confident playing. even if another shaft may technically suit you better according to the fitter, just try it out and see. who knows.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 12:34 am

Bro,

Suggest a second opinion i.e. BFG or Raymond. May in the end, you may realize that its the swing rather than club/shafts.

I have always wanted another set of shafts.... I got it, and guess what, it didnt really matter, cause its the swing that isnt right...

Just my 2c...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:58 am

I happen to be humming the song ' always look at the bright side of life...'

In golf, same la....changing shaft, changing clubs....are all part of the wonderful experiences that come with golf....like many had said, if you have it...flaunt it...

same case here...if can afford to change...just change...the least you gotten is the experience which no one can bring to you but yourself

well for me, I just live and let live with my old faithful...if I want higher flight,,,,i open face...if i want lower flt...I punch the ball.....
Back to top Go down
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:35 pm

I feel 950GH maybe slightly light for me as I tends to "over swing" and also the ball trajectory is very high for short iron but low for long iron. I read in somewhere that a proper flight should be the same for all irons throughout.

Khorkar, who is Raymond?
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Raymond is a club fitter in Tradehub21, Jurong.

Alternative to consider is either KBS or Aerotech steelfiber shafts.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 2:15 pm

Shaft selection is a very personal thing. that's why there are so many different types out there.

weight.. kick points.. stiffness, etc. it really depends on the individual. your build, height, etc. i personally hate Proj.X. but some ppl simply love it. wat i dislike may not mean u will dislike it too. like most bros here have mentioned.. best to try them out and decide for urself. the only problem is finding 2 of the same heads with different shafts. and i personally dun see how u can "feel" the shaft hitting into a net.

the club fitter isn't wrong by telling u that u might experience fatigue after a round of golf as the fitter may have gotten that feedback from other golfers and is just sharing that information with u.

I used to use True temper DG X-100 on my Mizuno MP33. club weight is D4. and i do feel really tired after 14-15 holes. esp playing in the afternoon. but if u're a strong guy. then the heavier shafts might not bother u. But so far, everyone that has tried my clubs say they weight a ton!

your best bet will be to check out a demo day for any club manufacturer and try the different shaft options they may have. just my 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
rsenal

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 4:25 pm

I agree that lighter shafts makes you less tired.

I have now changed from KBS Tour (120g) to KBS Tour 90 (100g) to great effect. With the heavier shaft, I tend to throw my right arm (casting) very late in the round and there and then the buayas pounce on this weakened one.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 5:25 pm

Px is a different beast altogether. I lost distance using px, but shot dispersion is tight.. Guess u gotta be reasonably strong for it.

I tried px, ns pro, dg, rifle flighted before. What am I gaming now? Graphite shafts! Got my distance back, quality of graphite these days is pretty good, dispersion is decent too.
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 pm

i bought a set of 2nd hand irons fitted with PX 5.0 flighted. tried out 1st time on the course today and didnt have positive feedback.

feel more comfortable still with my NS PRO S flex.

ball flight was ok, but maybe cos i didnt hit sweet spot the feedback is very harsh, unlike the NS PRO. dont think it was the effect of the heads though (MP53 vs J36) both should be quite similar in terms of feel. maybe my swing not there yet. weight was not an issue in fact i didnt really notice it. maybe cos i'm quite fat.

very tempted to give it another try on course.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:21 pm

guy..try aerotech steelfiber.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:35 pm

Duval_S wrote:

well for me, I just live and let live with my old faithful...if I want higher flight,,,,i open face...if i want lower flt...I punch the ball.....

, buatahan you Seebayho!
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
guy013

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:46 pm

eiji wrote:

I'm actually quite happy with my NS PRO. just that always wanted to try PX cos it looks so cool with the stepless shaft and the name sounds cool too. I might just give the clubs a couple more rounds to see if we can "gel" haha.

Maybe just a bad swing day for me Sad
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 11:35 pm

guy013 wrote:
eiji wrote:

I'm actually quite happy with my NS PRO. just that always wanted to try PX cos it looks so cool with the stepless shaft and the name sounds cool too. I might just give the clubs a couple more rounds to see if we can "gel" haha.

If you want to throw your NSpro, let me know. Hee... Hee...
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 12:55 am

Interesting point abt graphite shaft bro.

Most of us seasoned beginners are always on the look out for new steel shafts but might have missed out the evolution of graphite shaft technology altogether. Other than ego, I also think decent graphite shafts (stiff) are to be highly considered. I wld start researching on this today.

May I know what shaft you are on now?

How heavy can graphite shaft go?

pocketace wrote:
Px is a different beast altogether. I lost distance using px, but shot dispersion is tight.. Guess u gotta be reasonably strong for it.

I tried px, ns pro, dg, rifle flighted before. What am I gaming now? Graphite shafts! Got my distance back, quality of graphite these days is pretty good, dispersion is decent too.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:19 am

Graphite shafts can be justas heavy as steel shafts. Theres ozik matrix program shafts at 130gm and aerotech at 120 or 110. Most would prefer the ranges in 70-90gms
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:32 am

this was posted not too long ago........

Graphite shaft is not macho..

its amazing what i see as a club fitter, guys coming in with 60+ mph club head speed for 7 iron and welding S300 DG shafts or 90 mph hitter using hand me down graphite honmas.

once you see their PTR (smash factor) you will understand why getting the right weight is important.

i saw a guy last week, very strong player who is using a DGSL S300. swing speed for 7 iron is constant at 75 mph, smash factor 1.45 and above...constant. distance 155 to 160 meters. nothing wrong with trackman cos when he finishes, his right shoulder is pointing to the target. one of the smoothest and most consistent swing i have seen for a while from a social player. thats what i call an efficient swing.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:30 pm

@Guy, you fat??! You must be kidding.

Give it a try on the course before you decide because hitting it off the mats and on course can feel very different. Personally I have tried both and realized that it is simply too heavy for me. I have had a hard time releasing the clubs on the back nine that I kept pushing it. If the weight is fine with you, then it shouldn't be an issue. What I like about the PX is the ball flight as I ballooned with NSPRO.
Back to top Go down
abadan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
abadan

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:43 pm

guy013 wrote:
eiji wrote:

Bro.. in my humble opinion, its not a fair comparison between the J36's and the Mizuno's. in terms of feel and softness, the mizuno's will def win hands down compared with J36's even with the exact same shafts. I find the J's are quite harsh just like miura's. i'm not a big fan or their forged clubs cus i've been playing MP33's and now on tourstage X-blades which are super soft.

just by looks u can tell. the mizzy's and tourstage are easily dinged up by bag chatter...

but we're talking about shafts.. not clubheads. i.e ball flight, spin rate, weight, etc. like i said b4. the best way to compare is 2 shafts on the same head. The J36's dont feel forged to me.. feels like cast iron clubs.

maybe u might wanna consider popping by a local fitter or to a demo day and give both shafts a try again on the same club head.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:48 pm

jurongtiger wrote:
Interesting point abt graphite shaft bro.

Most of us seasoned beginners are always on the look out for new steel shafts but might have missed out the evolution of graphite shaft technology altogether. Other than ego, I also think decent graphite shafts (stiff) are to be highly considered. I wld start researching on this today.

May I know what shaft you are on now?

How heavy can graphite shaft go?

pocketace wrote:

Bro, I'm using stock graphite shafts lah, stiff flex on my TM Burner 2.0 irons...
Just played today, can draw and fade my irons, high and low... happy liao... stock graphite shafts got the job done for me. Happy with my score cheers
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Haha, first time I see a miura classify as harsh.... Lee... Wru?

But in terms of shaft for the two, I will choose nspro for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH   True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Temper DG vs NS Pro 950GH
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next