Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

True Temper GS series iron shaft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
madmaru

True Temper GS series iron shaft  Empty
PostSubject: True Temper GS series iron shaft    True Temper GS series iron shaft  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Any 1 tried those series of shafts ? How does it compare to the KBS or NS pro ??

Reviews please
Back to top Go down
DiVoTion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DiVoTion

PostSubject: Re: True Temper GS series iron shaft    True Temper GS series iron shaft  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:40 pm

Started learning with ns pro 950 regular and found my shots ballooning and the shaft whippy.

Later switched to a set of mizuno which happened to be shafted with gs 95 r, found it to be more stable and shots more solid. Distance also increased because of ballooning less.. Could be because of the mizuno heads too...because its light, it's more forgiving especially for the longer irons...

Now using KBS tour which is heavier (110g) compensated by a lowered swing weight... Took me a long while to switch to KBS and I found that kbs tours a different animal altogether, need some hmph to launch it...but better dispersion..

Between ns pro and gs95, I preferred the GS...haven't tried KBS 90s though...but my swing does not transit well so need a heavier shaft..I'm still a noob so review a bit lacking in technicals....

madmaru wrote:
Any 1 tried those series of shafts ? How does it compare to the KBS or NS pro ??

Reviews please
Back to top Go down
EOS fan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: True Temper GS series iron shaft    True Temper GS series iron shaft  I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Hi,

The below is just my personal feedback:

1) NS PRO: Nice weight, but no feedback feel (Titleist AP2)

2) KBS Tour: decent flight but at times the 110 gram shaft can be demanding when you are tired or not in the best of shape. (Taylormade MC)

3) GS95: good weight, decent feedback but the ball flight might be a bit higher. (Cleveland)

I tried them on different irons heads, if you are the type that wants the easiest and best to handle all day round, I would think that it is the GS95. However, if you are an aspiring golfer trying for more distance and en route to sharpen your game a bit more, KBS tour seems to be the one for you. It is very popular recently.

Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: True Temper GS series iron shaft    True Temper GS series iron shaft  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 4:33 pm

I hav both NSPro 950 n GS 95 in my irons... To me both ball flights r abt the same - HIGH! But the NSPro is smoother, very much like graphite shaft so no surprise less feedback.

Both shafts r abt same weight, wif GS95 being generally slightly heavier by only a few grams.

If I were to choose, I'll pick the NSPro cos it's less jarring on a mishit.
Back to top Go down
DiVoTion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DiVoTion

PostSubject: Re: True Temper GS series iron shaft    True Temper GS series iron shaft  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 4:47 pm

U regret shafting with GS ?

escyb wrote:
I hav both NSPro 950 n GS 95 in my irons... To me both ball flights r abt the same - HIGH! But the NSPro is smoother, very much like graphite shaft so no surprise less feedback.

Both shafts r abt same weight, wif GS95 being generally slightly heavier by only a few grams.

If I were to choose, I'll pick the NSPro cos it's less jarring on a mishit.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: True Temper GS series iron shaft    True Temper GS series iron shaft  I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 5:56 pm

Nice shaft for irons.... Not heavy but yet allows you to control the ball flight. Higher ball flight as compare to KBS or pX but for irons, I love the ball high.
Back to top Go down
escyb
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
escyb

PostSubject: Re: True Temper GS series iron shaft    True Temper GS series iron shaft  I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 3:51 am

DiVoTion wrote:

U regret shafting with GS ?

Not really. I can live wif either. Still learning to control ball flight though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True Temper GS series iron shaft    True Temper GS series iron shaft  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True Temper GS series iron shaft
Page 1 of 1