Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!

Go down 
+17
blee67
JawereZ
kian
mowen
asahi
mUAr_cHEe
LousyGolfer
DGman
missmoon
mojojojo
dmateo
daveaha
Tituman
pushslice
Duval_S
Technospaz
Schulo
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 12:49 pm

Quote :
Schulo wrote:
pushslice wrote:
bro....to join us, you need not be a single handicapper lor. Unless you want to play in the premier league Very Happy

I know leh, but want to play at least more consistent cos I sometimes get very frustrated and will not enjoy the game enough at that time... (+ I like to beat people Twisted Evil )

" you like to beat people"...if that is golf.....then

I AM THE ONE YOU LOOKING FOR

CALL ME !!!!
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Schulo wrote:
pushslice wrote:
bro....to join us, you need not be a single handicapper lor. Unless you want to play in the premier league Very Happy

I know leh, but want to play at least more consistent cos I sometimes get very frustrated and will not enjoy the game enough at that time... (+ I like to beat people Twisted Evil )

" you like to beat people"...if that is golf.....then

I AM THE ONE YOU LOOKING FOR

CALL ME !!!!

@Schulo... if u want to know where Duval_S lives? CALL ME!!!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:49 pm

You are back MC!!!
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mowen

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:53 pm

U mean MC disappear ?

I played golf with him last Thu and playing with him again this Sunday

I have trying to seduce him .. so I can take over Duffy position as his arch nemesis ....
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
kian

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:42 pm

Mc! whn can we play keppel wif u?
Back to top Go down
JawereZ
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JawereZ

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Selamat Datang ... Welcome to GR , Bro Schulo !
Playing Legends 1st time, this Thursday, any good tips ?
Consistency and course management is vital in keeping low score, that i agree .

Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:28 pm

jawerez...my tips to avoid big numbers at Legends:

the greenside bunkers on Nicklaus course are quite tough to deal with, so lay up to your favorite distance and then pitch it close (for one putt)

the palmer course will tempt you to carry lateral water hazards or lakes. Depending on the tee box you tee off from and your carry distances, you may decide to lay up before the hazards. E.g. the lake on first hole is famous for eating balls. I remember many lateral creeks on palmer course.

I never played on Player course.

Get your distance right and you can avoid big numbers. I got my personal best score at Nicklaus/Palmer.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 5:39 pm

PS what is your personal best score ah? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:03 pm

Lets just say even if i do it again at occ you still have to give me 3-3 Razz
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:04 pm

pushslice wrote:
Lets just say even if i do it again at occ you still have to give me 3-3 Razz
Suspect Suspect

PS please see my avatar for answer! ROFL
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:14 pm

But im not kidding, we know your personal best (at raffles), mine is yours plus six lor. 2 less than my best at occ.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Sadly my game have gone downhill. I am now struggling with my putting and approach shots! Sad
Back to top Go down
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
klt8144

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:35 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Sadly my game have gone downhill. I am now struggling with my putting and approach shots! Sad

really boh????
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:39 pm

klt8144 wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

really boh????

U believe Bo??
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
blee67

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 6:47 pm

klt8144 wrote:
blee2007 wrote:

really boh????

You can ask those played with me recently ah. Balls lipping out all the time. Today only one hole where the ball listen to me! Plus chipping alway short. Way too short lor. pale
Back to top Go down
Schulo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Schulo

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 10:40 am

JawereZ wrote:
Selamat Datang ... Welcome to GR , Bro Schulo !
Playing Legends 1st time, this Thursday, any good tips ?
Consistency and course management is vital in keeping low score, that i agree .

Hill course: Go for an aggression! These 9 holes are there to be challenged and if a bit lucky you can make some low scores.
Water Course. There are many hazards, but it is relatively doable to find your ball if you get into the bushes etc. I sqeeuzed out a 46, but could have done better. Tip of the day: Hole 1 is a good hole to score if you find the right speed on the green. (the green on hole 1 is faster than the rest of the course imo)
Water Course: Play defensively, these 9 holes are quite difficult in my opinion. Especially the last couple of holes are insanely long! I played hole 17 (par 4). Driver, 7 Iron, 7 iron, PW, 1 putt and was very very pleased with the result!
IN general on the water course I took out the driver too often. Should have taken my 3 wood or irons of the tee much more. Fairways are narrow and most of the times it is OB on 1 side and water on the other etc.

To summarize: tricky course (slope and course ratings state the same thing)
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 11:44 am

Schulo, you played on blue or white tee?
Back to top Go down
henrychiahb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
henrychiahb

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:52 pm

Hi Guys,

if you are interested in seafood, durian and golf............ i just did this..............

after golf in morning i drove all the way up to

tian lai seafood Restaurant in Gelang Patah, Johor Malaysia the food is not bad i don't dare say good as there is always something better................ in malaysia, just opposite the restaurant there is a road side fruit stall selling good durian, we had it on the spot and after that a good spa to close the day hahahahahaha.

back in sg by 8-9pm

nice one day get away hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!   Reading reading reading and finally.... posting! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reading reading reading and finally.... posting!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2