Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lousy golfer looking for Kakis

Go down 
+3
Birdman
DimWit Kid
LousyGolfer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  Empty
PostSubject: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:17 am

Hi all....

I picked up golf for over 10 years now but still playing no better than the average beginner (actually, the longer I play, the worse I become as I'm getting lazier and lazier... too lazy to take lessons, go to range, take practice swings, aim properly, setup properly, etc)...now a days, I hit ball, ball can fly (and not kill anyone), I happy leow... Swing

Found this forum and though it might be a good place to find kakis to play golf with as all my old kakis deserted me liao... kena complain too many times... e.g.
1) 3 wood hit man 2 fairways away
2) shank until nearly kill my golf kaki (one reason why I am looking for new kakis)
3) pay one green fee, play 2 fairways
4) always drive ball into other ppl's tee box
5) my golf ball tends to be a marshal/green-keeper seeker (alway nearly hit them one)
5) ...the list goes on Sad

Due to work and family commitments, I can only play early PM (say 12.01,12.08 or 12.15) flight on weekdays at kranji ... anyone interested to catch a game this tues or thurs? Me play to relax one so no need to bet (but somehow, I always become more stress after the game).

Hope to play with some of you soon and hopefully, my golf ball doesn't hit any one in this forum.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:20 am

Ooooh... welcome....

Why early pm not late pm?
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:31 am

Because need to pick up kid at 5.30pm else wife will complain.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 12:50 am

I have an idea, use practice ball lah... Very Happy that way hit ppl also ok... and wont fly so far one to the next fairway...

Seriously tho' - welcome. And have fun!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 1:21 am

Welcome Lousy Golfer.

I do hope you pick up some good tips here that will help you get less complaints.

Here's your first two tips to help you keep the new kakis you find in Golf Republic:

With reference to the points you mentioned in your introduction, remember that golf is a social game. Very Happy

And carry an air raid siren to warn all those around when you are about to hit your ball. ROFL

Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:28 am

DimWit Kid wrote:
I have an idea, use practice ball lah... Very Happy that way hit ppl also ok... and wont fly so far one to the next fairway...

Seriously tho' - welcome. And have fun!

mmm... sounds like a possible solution... but use practice ball, surely will still kena complaint one... this time for taking too many strokes to reach the green (already as it is, I am already taking way too many strokes)

Wonder if someone has invented a golf ball that can fly far far, play soft soft, self-disintegrate on contact with humans and best, if got remote control one (so that I can steer it back to by fairway, or better still the hole). New ProV1r (r for remote)???

Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 am

Birdman wrote:
Welcome Lousy Golfer.

I do hope you pick up some good tips here that will help you get less complaints.

Here's your first two tips to help you keep the new kakis you find in Golf Republic:

With reference to the points you mentioned in your introduction, remember that golf is a social game. Very Happy

And carry an air raid siren to warn all those around when you are about to hit your ball. ROFL

Not too sure if the air raid siren will work for the green keepers though... they always seems to ignore all noises, even if you are teeing off right at them and shouting at the top of your voice...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 9:03 am

welcome.. Bro LG

There are quite good similarities between my game and yours.......look fwd to having a game.....

lookout for the monthly game and the much anticipate...' GR anniversay game'....
Back to top Go down
jkgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:12 am

U play only @kranji? What are the fees ? Me and dimwit kid plays at wgcc...
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 9:06 am

The fees for Kranji as listed on http://www.nsrcc.com.sg/golf/golf-fees-kranji

For NS man, it will come out to be about $80 w/ GST.

How much does it cost for me to play wgcc? ... tot of joining it before and still thinking about it. Maybe we can arrange a game there after 25 Aug (as I am on reservist till then).

Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:26 am

Wonder if someone has invented a golf ball that can fly far far, play soft soft, self-disintegrate on contact with humans and best, if got remote control one (so that I can steer it back to by fairway, or better still the hole). New ProV1r (r for remote)???
You need BIG coverage for Insurance, Kanna kaki, pei kim, lawyer = your condo, if some one tua liap, better migrate lah
wellagum
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Yap... I got BIG coverage just for that purpose... so anyone wants to retire early, just play golf with me.... then wait for my golf ball to hit you, Survive it (this is impt else your family gets to enjoy your misfortune), then claim insurance.
Back to top Go down
spinning_top
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
spinning_top

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Try using ping pong balls. Hit people won't die. Land in water hazard can float. Cheap cheap some more.
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:09 pm

ROFL GREAT IDEA!!! I'll try that for my next round... may lower my scores too. I can image the bounce I will get from the cart path What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lousy golfer looking for Kakis    Lousy golfer looking for Kakis  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lousy golfer looking for Kakis
Page 1 of 1