Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?

Go down 
+16
Lee36328
golf_snowman
dmateo
eiji
pocketace
tronos
simoner
TheFocalPoint
Birdman
alvin7379
asahi
Technospaz
pushslice
shamusan
zhenxua
Duval_S
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? Empty
PostSubject: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:33 pm

Between the 2, I luv playing with those who bomb a mile........

coz i think god is fair...hahahaha
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
zhenxua

which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? Empty
PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:44 pm

you love playing with me right? cos I'm the best example of can drive cannot arrive ...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:46 pm

Duval_S wrote:

duval, i can arrange a game for you with chubbs?

40m longer than me... so according to your theory, you shld have nothing to fear?

tongue
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:07 pm

are you asking, with or against?

With: I prefer to watch and hopefully pick up tips from a short game expert. If you play with those who drives it much longer, then we dont hit the green from the same area. So as a flight mate, we dont have much to chat about the shots we have to hit. He hit 9i, I hit a hybrid. Different conversations. Looking out for balls is also easier with someone who drives around your ball.

Against: a long range bomber. It's more fun to beat somebody who drives longer than me. It's like david vs goliath Razz
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:09 pm

shamusan wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

duval, i can arrange a game for you with chubbs?

40m longer than me... so according to your theory, you shld have nothing to fear?

tongue

sham, Im sure chubbs can do both. Cannot count Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:22 pm

I love playing with someone who drives a mile. Fun to watch...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:22 pm

I like alvin Coz he is long.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:46 pm

asahi wrote:

Razz

That is such a wrong sentence.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:52 pm

Technospaz wrote:
asahi wrote:

Razz

Could hv been worse, my friend.

e.g I like playing with Alvin Coz he is long and like to come from behind.

ROFL
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:16 pm

asahi wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
asahi wrote:

Razz

ROFL

I can show you how I drive it long, from your behind, on Sunday... What a Face

For me... I like to see someone who can drive AND arrive... helps me appreciate the game better rather than focusing on only one aspect of the game Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:17 pm

asahi wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
asahi wrote:

Razz

ROFL

You da man!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 pm

asahi wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
asahi wrote:

Razz

ROFL

To be precise, Asahi like playing with Alvin coz he is long, but watch out when Alvin clenches his nuts between his cheeks, that's when he likes to come from behind!!!! geek
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Birdman wrote:
asahi wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
asahi wrote:

Razz

ROFL

To be precise, Asahi like playing with Alvin coz he is long and like to come from behind with his nuts clenched between his cheeks!!!! geek

yew...... feels... saltish....

NOT THAT I'VE DONE IT BEFORE THOUGH.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:00 pm

Birdman wrote:
asahi wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
asahi wrote:

Razz

ROFL

To be precise, Asahi like playing with Alvin coz he is long, but watch out when Alvin clenches his nuts between his cheeks, that's when he likes to come from behind!!!! geek

I hope you meant his butt cheeks. If you meant the cheeks on his face, damn! He is loooooong!

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:09 pm

He just said feels saltish, so you know which cheeks already lor... unless of course he's the only chipmunk in the world with a tongue between his butt cheeks, then salt isn't all he's going to taste! ROFL
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:11 pm

I really fear 100% straight hitting players. If your 2nd shot ain't going straight at the pin, I'm still in with a chance Smile
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
simoner

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Playing either one is stressful.... scratch

But I guess, it's easier to manage a long driver than a sharp shooter! On Green
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:58 pm

playing against or playing with?

sharp shooters really f**ks with ur mind...thinking you have a good chance with only 100m out, he will put one 6 feet from the hole from 140m out...and then watch u shank ur 'easy' shot into the water or bunker.

but long bomber with decent short game cab be more deadly than a short hitter with a sharp game...just depends on whether the long bomber is on sync with his short game that day. A short hitter is always a short hitter, he cannot have good long driving days....

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:44 pm

Wait till you play with 'shorthitter'... His hybrid already longer than my driver...
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:47 pm

I prefer to play with the person with a sharp short game, because I think having a sharp short game is something everyone can aspire to have. being able to bomb it for monster distance requires some god-given ability besides the training.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:03 pm

either one is inspiring. But prefer a sharp short hitter. Why cause bomber are like virus. Some time it will screw your game cause you will also try to bomb it and result in hay wire direction and a bad game. with a sharp short game, you don't have the power syndrome virus, so you can stick to you own rythm and game and try to be as sharp (not hard hitting) as your partner.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 2:41 pm

eiji wrote:
I prefer to play with the person with a sharp short game, because I think having a sharp short game is something everyone can aspire to have. being able to bomb it for monster distance requires some god-given ability besides the training.

I beg to differ... and I'm sure many will agree... tongue
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
golf_snowman

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:10 pm

since i cant drive far and my short game sux....i guess playing with both type of players are equally inspiring as well as demoralising.....

for golfer who i like to play with, they are inspiring....some time not really base on their skill...keke
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:11 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
eiji wrote:

I beg to differ... and I'm sure many will agree... tongue

I second that; training in the right techniques will improve distance considerably. Some just have the talent to figure out the techniques faster, while others will achieve it with the right training.

I am glad I paid attention during physics and math lessons in school; they come in real handy when I am trying to hit it as far as I can.

Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 4:16 pm

wah.. you did physics and math calculation on the fly when hitting off the tee ???
Thought only machine can accomplished this kind of thing (fly by wire). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?   which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

which do you prefer...playing with someone who drives a mile...or someone with sharp short game?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next