Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today Empty
PostSubject: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:08 pm

See link : http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Malaysia/Story/A1Story20110610-283310.html

Good news is, from Singapore to Desaru, it will now take only 1 hour. Previously it would take 2 hours or more, going via Kota Tinggi.

Bad news is : Desaru Golf & Country Club, once a popular weekend course for many Singaporeans, have been closed since April last year. Desaru has been one of my favourite rustic golf courses.

There is still the Sebana Golf Resort though. It was undergoing extensive renovation last year and is now ready for play again.

Anyone interested to join me next Wednesday to play Sebana, and test the speed traps of this expressway? It will be toll-free for a month before they start charging motorists from July 10.
Back to top Go down
miura_bro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 11:53 am

Yes, the highway is opened. I used it over the weekend, on 8th and 10th July. Very smooth. Connected to the highway from Pasir Gudang - had to pay between RM 5-6 each way.

Sadly, I went to see Desaru Golf and Country Club - it was very much closed. They seem to be renovating it though. The water hazards haven't been covered over. Not sure what is going on...

Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:17 pm

miura_bro wrote:
Yes, the highway is opened. I used it over the weekend, on 8th and 10th July. Very smooth. Connected to the highway from Pasir Gudang - had to pay between RM 5-6 each way.

Sadly, I went to see Desaru Golf and Country Club - it was very much closed. They seem to be renovating it though. The water hazards haven't been covered over. Not sure what is going on...

It shd be toll free before July 10. Surprised you have to pay toll.

Desaru is closed but I heard new owner (a Malaysian GIC, equivalent of Temasik), intends to redo the whole fairway and may be even build 36 holes eventually.

I went to Sebana Cove. Still under renovations and unplayable, even though the golf reception says it is open.
Back to top Go down
miura_bro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:00 pm

Yes, I read about the free toll before 10 July, but had to pay... touch n go.
Back to top Go down
wolverine
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
wolverine

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 11:18 pm

freedrop wrote:

Hi freedrop,

Don't trust the papers, confirmed that you have to pay toll as told by my colleague who almost got into a argument with the toll operator.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:03 am

wolverine wrote:
freedrop wrote:

Hi freedrop,

Don't trust the papers, confirmed that you have to pay toll as told by my colleague who almost got into a argument with the toll operator.

Cheers

Nope. I went through without paying, in June . I went thru cash counter and she passed me a ticket, when I returned, there was no charge when I returned the ticket. That's before July 10. If you used TnG, there should not be any deductions. Anyway, it's past July 10 so now we have to pay.

The point is there is no worthwhile golf as yet in Desaru.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today   Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Senai Desaru Expressway Opens Today
Page 1 of 1