Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Safety in JB

Go down 
+4
jimmychoo
peace2903
bogeyman72
jwmchow
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jwmchow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
jwmchow

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi everyone,

I`m playing at Palm Villa tomorrow - can anyone tell me if its safe to leave my golf bag unattended or even attended with the caddies? - is it better for me to put it in the car immediately after the game before showering or is it relatively safe to trust the people there.

I`m hoping its the latter but recent articles about JB safety has me a little worried.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:23 pm

I've played at Palm Villa a few times.. never had a problem leaving my clubs with them until the time I leave.

Of course, exercise common sense... I don't leave my passport & other valuables in the golf bag with them.

Have a good game!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 11:17 pm

Used to be more professional, the staff there now seems Boh chap. Jus make sure u check ur clubs upon receiving. But personal experience has been no issue so far.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 am

If you bring bogeyman72 avatar girl there, I will be more worry on the girl than on the golf bag Razz
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:20 am

is this girl the same as the previous one in pink dress?

btw, Palm Villa is IOI Palm Villa rite? How are the green conditions these days? Last year, GR has a game there, the greens were bald, bumpy, patchy, brown, terrible...
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
puteh83

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 9:26 am

just went on tue. condition so so.. but given that price, cannot complain lah. It's the company.

Rem to chk clubs when returning buggy and chk when retrieving golf bag again.

Never, never leave valuables in the bag or even the locker.

Be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:48 am

wah bro.... think if you bring the gal, dun have to worry lah... gal will cling closely by your arm lor... how to lose her?
Razz

jimmychoo wrote:
If you bring bogeyman72 avatar girl there, I will be more worry on the girl than on the golf bag Razz
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 am

Different bro, the one in pink is from 成都, this one from 香港.... Cool

pushslice wrote:
is this girl the same as the previous one in pink dress?

Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:45 pm

U mean the photos taken by u?! Tot is from some website...
Back to top Go down
pizzaboi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
pizzaboi

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 4:48 pm

haha.. i tink he meant he took the first from china webby, and the latter pic from hk webby..
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 5:25 pm

DITTO!
Wink

pizzaboi wrote:
haha.. i tink he meant he took the first from china webby, and the latter pic from hk webby..
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
JGoh

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:24 pm

Not related to golf, but related to Safety in Malaysia in gen, and elsewhere too.
We are so used to texing and using handphone anywhere we want here, roadside and walking along by the road too.

Just beware that there have been many instances of handphone snatching in JB and KL.
I had the misforture a few months ago during CNY period in KL and a friend of mine just informed me that he met with the same incident last month in JB.

While sending and reading my mail at the roadside, the pillion driver on a motorbike came suddenly and snatched my mobile away at Bt Bintang area (KL). The motorbike quickly turned into an alley and stopped there, expecting me to chase. I did not chase, because my specs also flew off during the snatch. Later, a local friend told me that had i gave chase, they would have robbed me in the back alley, where a bunch of others would be waiting.

Not meant to frighten anyone, but such things do happen not rarely nowadays, with Iphone being a prize catch...just beware...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Safety in JB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety in JB   Safety in JB I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safety in JB
Page 1 of 1