Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buying Clubs - Please Help!

Go down 
+5
tronos
bogeyman72
stagedbrute
Khorkar
golfnewbie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
golfnewbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Buying Clubs - Please Help! Empty
PostSubject: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:11 pm

hi, I`m a newbie taking lessons for past three months and like to buy Irons to start practicing however my coach does not recommend it, he is suggesting I continue to borrow his clubs and wait on buying anything.

I`m thinking I cannot keep using different clubs during the coaching session and just practice only during the coaching sessions.

Kindly let me know your views, should I go ahead buy? If so what kind of shaft and head etc for Irons and Drivers?

Appreciate your kind guidance!!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:17 pm

Listen to your coach. He is right. You are not ready and you dont know what you need or whether you stick to the game.
Back to top Go down
stagedbrute
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
stagedbrute

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:20 pm

golfnewbie wrote:
hi, I`m a newbie taking lessons for past three months and like to buy Irons to start practicing however my coach does not recommend it, he is suggesting I continue to borrow his clubs and wait on buying anything.

I`m thinking I cannot keep using different clubs during the coaching session and just practice only during the coaching sessions.

Kindly let me know your views, should I go ahead buy? If so what kind of shaft and head etc for Irons and Drivers?

Appreciate your kind guidance!!

Hi golfnewbie,

I'm a golf newbie myself (started on golf barely 2 months ago), and i just bought a set of Mizuno T Zoid irons with NS Pro 950 shafts. I think you might want to consider the JPX 800, was told its very forgiving due to its large club face, and thus suitable for beginners like us.

Can get a second hand set from places like Creative Golf in Kreta Ayer, which was where i bought my set.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
bogeyman72

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 11:33 pm

Ditto Cool

Khorkar wrote:
Listen to your coach. He is right. You are not ready and you dont know what you need or whether you stick to the game.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 12:04 am

depends on the coach...

there are plenty of really cheap 2nd hand irons, dont need to buy branded and 'good' stuff.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 1:38 am

Khorkar wrote:

I agree...

Unless....

If You're loaded and don't mind spending, then you can buy to your heart desire... if you buy second hand and don't find them suitable after some times, can resell... then lose hundred or so bucks (depends on what you buy of coz).
If you buy new, then DON'T buy those "package" one... (with driver, wood, putter of the same series) - usually not a good value for money - at least I heard low or no second hand value.

But then again, listen to your coach, and don't buy anything at least until you get your pc... that's still the best advice
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:31 am

Get a 2nd hand set with the right flex as advised by your coach to start off with.
Once more proficient, can then move on to better set.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:43 am

Go get a second hand set. U can get a good second hand for about 500 or less. Unless if u are loaded, then I got nothing to say.

I know plenty to good golfers who only buy second hands.
Back to top Go down
golfnewbie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:38 pm

Many Thanks for all your solid advice, really appreciate it!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:08 pm

To start in golf, you only need a putter, a sand wedge and a 7 iron. Cost $50 each at creative golf. Hit the range/ exec courses for practice until you can swing, chip and putt decently.

Happy golfing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buying Clubs - Please Help!   Buying Clubs - Please Help! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying Clubs - Please Help!
Page 1 of 1