Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Buying golf clubs

Go down 
+4
Birdman
Moonfruit
Batman
jeffman88
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:16 am

Hi all

Just bought a brand new set of Cobra S2 Max irons. Short of trusting the company that I bought it from, how does one go about authenticating that these are the genuine real ones. Just read about the USD 6 BILLION fake golf equipment industry in a recent Australian Golf Magazine and it sent chills down my back when I thought of the more than SGD1K spent on the set.

There are no serial nos punched into the shaft/ head and when i called the shop, they said trust them as they have been around for many years.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
J alien
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Batman

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:29 am

I'm also a S2 Max user bro. Where did u buy ur set from? I bought mine from US and there's serial numbers.
Back to top Go down
Moonfruit
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Moonfruit

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 12:58 am

serial number is normally stamped into the hosel of the 7 iron.

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 2:27 am

Just post your question to Cobra here on the forum or call up their Singapore office to verify that where you bought from is an authorised dealer. Simplest way.

Or take the trouble to arrange an appointment with them and bring your clubs down for verification.

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:46 am

Moonfruit wrote:
serial number is normally stamped into the hosel of the 7 iron.

I think it should be the 6 iron at the hosel.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:58 am

I think, since you already bought liao....don bother too much about the club. But if you had not, then the best is to go to authorized reseller.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:43 am

Thanks for the quick replies. Shop I bought from is Vinc Golf. Nice chaps there plenty of advice and very patient with me. Brought clubs to range practice yesterday and coach used it and reckon it hit further than his trusty jap clubs albeit older set (think brand is MIUNO or something similar).
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:48 am

Vinc Golf then you're safe. A Titleist/Cobra rep services them.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:51 am

I think S2 Max have stronger loft
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:15 am

I called the Shop and they are Authorised Dealer for Nike, Titleist, King Cobra and Footjoys. They said the white barcoded sticker on the shaft of Iron 6 is all there is with regards to a serialised no.
Back to top Go down
pippin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
pippin

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 am

Vinc Golf is very established, should be no problem. However beware of what you purchase online!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jeffman88

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 am

Yes Pippin I noticed that the prices online (even after u factored in local GST n shipping) esp Ebay USA is very tempting esp from Top Sellers with thousands of positive feedbacks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buying golf clubs  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying golf clubs    Buying golf clubs  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying golf clubs
Page 1 of 1