Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Maintaining The Clubs

Go down 
+6
jimmychoo
Derek
iron eagle
duffader
pushslice
winx19
10 posters
AuthorMessage
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

Maintaining The Clubs Empty
PostSubject: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi Fellow Golfers,

I would like to find out what are the maintainence methods that you used on your clubs? I only know to wash and clean them, i heard about re-groove and all, but arent sure at all.

Would love to hear from all of you.

thanks. cheers
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:20 pm

after wash and clean, I always wipe the steel parts with WD40 to ward off rusts.

I also keep them in one of the rooms, rather than at the back area (the area near the kitchen, heater, washer, dryer etc). it gets hot and humid there.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:23 pm

Woooo... i see that your J38s are in.......
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:29 pm

I use degreaser and a tooth brush the club face, dirt everything come off.
If you play every week no need to maintain. Just wash and clean can do already
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:31 pm

yea man, they're sweet...wanna give them a try? Should be within your spec. a bit upright though.

me trying to secure visa for warren nxt week
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:35 pm

I normally clean after every game if the buggy is equipped with the brush and water attachment.

Grips I clean with warm water every month, to me this is more important than cleaning the heads
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:20 pm

I used to clean my club like what I used to do with my car when it's new.
Now I pass RM10 to those staff at the bag area to clean for me. Likewise my car, i send it to the car washer Embarassed
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 6:41 pm

pushslice wrote:
yea man, they're sweet...wanna give them a try? Should be within your spec. a bit upright though.

me trying to secure visa for warren nxt week

U know my nick is one set duffy
Back to top Go down
winx19
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
winx19

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 3:31 pm

thanks bros,

for all the advices... looks like just normal washing and cleaning is gd enough.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Shaggy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 4:48 pm

water and soap for me. Use a toothbrush for the grooves and also wash the grips as well. wipe down the shafts to prevent rusting..
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 6:11 pm

For the grip, I have even heard that some will use a very very very fine sand paper to rub it to maintain the tacky/rough feel....I'm not sure if anyone here uses this method?

But the taught of it did not go down well with me. ....Maybe I should try it just before I am due to change a new set of grips and see the outcome!!!

anyone???

Back to top Go down
colin2011
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
colin2011

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 pm

How about those little rust in some area of the groove?

Sand paper? Any kind advice?

Thxs!
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Wa, rust on club surface.....sand paper removes a very very very thin layer so the rust will go away. So over a period of time where sand paper is use a number of times and this will make the original rust spot to a bigger area. thus expsoing more surface for rust to set in....

Once the rust spot is on a metal surface , it is difficult to remove it entirely other to apply a anti rust paint or something to prevent it from exposing it to the air which I much doubt that I will want to paint my irons. So I guess the remedy is to clean it constantly with "brasssole" (don't know how to spell).

Metal being metal, I suppose it applies to iron clubs too.

Cheers

Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 9:40 am

I would strongly insist that the grips be wiped and then air dried when u return home after a game. You should also take them out one day before the game to give it a good wipe too.

Nothing fancy, very very little dish washing detergent (3 drops) mixed with 2 coffee cups of water. Wet a cloth with this solution and wringe dry. Then wipe the grips.

I have a 7 year old wedge and the grip on it is still tacky. BTW, I play 3 to 4 times a week.

By cleaning the grips often (I do it after every game), I extend the life of it (save money), and also ensure that the clubs perform well during the game (no slippage).

I of course also clean the club heads and shaft, but I feel the the most important thing is to keep the grips clean and maintain it's tacky feel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maintaining The Clubs   Maintaining The Clubs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maintaining The Clubs
Page 1 of 1