Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore

Go down 
+7
Lion Iron
iron eagle
alvinlee
4dtoto
Gray
poresia
Tituman
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore Empty
PostSubject: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:40 am

Anybody have experienced such incident? Went in yesterday and when I came back out, just accept my PP without looking at it. At home then realised the Custom guy did not chop or take the white card from my PP. What kind of repercussion if the next time I go back in and then let them know? Any suggestions? Thanks.

titu
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:44 am

u r screwed!

suggest that u go back there n resolve it by "other means" but hv to do it tactically.

must showed u are truly sorry and ask them to "help".

hope u can resolve it.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:41 am

Keep the white card and next time u go in, act blurr. But never throw ur white card hor, keepit near you when u enter customs. OR wait until u get a new passport lor.

But better to go back to malaysia withim 3 mths cos in their computer records, u are still in malaysia. If u enter amd leave within 3 mths, u are not over stayer.

And just stand by a wad of 50 ringgit notes lah.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:47 am

Try the Malaysia High Com here.. think this happen quite a few years back. it was make public, same thing happen to me. What i did was go back Malaysia, tell the custom , yesterday, they never chop, go back in malaysia without chopping ....pump petrol and u-turn back and make sure they chop. So technically, i am in Malaysia for 2 days..haahaha..
Back to top Go down
alvinlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:56 am

Gray wrote:
Keep the white card and next time u go in, act blurr. But never throw ur white card hor, keepit near you when u enter customs. OR wait until u get a new passport lor.

But better to go back to malaysia withim 3 mths cos in their computer records, u are still in malaysia. If u enter amd leave within 3 mths, u are not over stayer.

if you are still considered " in malaysia" best to inform NS department also. Cuz by right you would need exit permit.

incidentally last night i went in to Msia with my fren to pump petrol haha...made it a point to check through pp to look for the chop. v impt
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 9:58 am

hey Tituman,
don't despair it happened to me last year,
go back to JB Immigration Dept. fill in white card as usual thereafter, tell the Imm Officer
that u want to see the Imm. officer in charge, explain your situation, don't show temper be nice.

In my case 3 person return to SG the other 2 golfers has got MACS, so
the officer took it that all 3 passengers has got MACS
and did not stamp my PP on return trip to SG. Small white card in my PP hidden inside PP.
My fren did not check b'cos he's has got MACS.

The officer accepted my explanation and wrote a remake next to the"in" Stamp
I 've been going in and out many times no problem after that. Now I used MACS!
No need white card and no to stamp going into JB.
Back to top Go down
Lion Iron
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Lion Iron

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:46 am

Happened to me donkey years ago. I went to railway station at Keppel and explained the situation to M'sia immgration officers. They took the white card and chop passport.

Not sure if it still works.
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:31 am

HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore Pp_01610
In stamp, Out no stamp. haha.

HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore Pp_01710
In stamp but in writen notes but kena screw by the official thre, next time c first than go.. Evil or Very Mad . Out stamp.

Bro i think u better go in msia custom & look for the official in charge thre & tell him wat is going on or go to msia high com at jervois rd.
Bro Titu, good luck to u.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Malaysia High Com will advice you to go JB Immigration
explain to the Officer in charge. They will normally accept
your explanation. But if you don't get caught without the return
stamp than you'll be in deep trouble.

Good luck Tituman!
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:23 pm

The best way is go explain and get it chopped.

If you wanna sneak in, dunno if it still work now, go in by train and come out and chop passport
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:15 pm

sunny wrote:
If you wanna sneak in, dunno if it still work now, go in by train and come out and chop passport

Go in by train and come out by bus. Yes. It still works.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:21 pm

iron eagle wrote:

Good luck Tituman!

Tks bro. You are absolutely correct. I called up the High Comm and they asked me to go Immigration and explain to them what happen. Thats all the help they can give.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks bros. I did the only sensible thing. Go back to custom and told the counter what happened. She took me to see the OC and I explained again what had happened. He quite nice chap la. Nod his head and said next time must be careful. Must check before leaving the counter. Yes sir yes sir. Will do that sir. ha ha... go in one more time and then come back chop chop and everything is fine now. Actually I never told anyone this part but tomorrow I am actually collecting my new Passport. I could easily avoid this hassle and just used the new PP. But I just don't want to risk any complications in the near future. I am going to apply for the MACS once I get a few entries into my new PP so that it shows I am a frequent traveller. My old MACS expired in late Feb and I did not renew because my old PP has ran out of pages. So waited for this new PP before going to apply for the MACS.
Again thanks to everyone for sharing their views on this. I hope this will be a lesson for every one to learn too. Cheers . cheers

titu
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
poresia

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:35 pm

glad that its resolved.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:37 pm

golfchowmk wrote:

In stamp but in writen notes but kena screw by the official thre, next time c first than go.. Evil or Very Mad . Out stamp.

Bro i think u better go in msia custom & look for the official in charge thre & tell him wat is going on or go to msia high com at jervois rd.

Wah bro Chow. you lucky you got away without any penalty ah. Your look so "pai kia" like that whereas I look so decent type lol! ROFL hahahhahahahah Pai seh pai seh.. just want to let off some steam here ha ha. Thanks for your concern bro. Beer on me next time okie??

titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:39 pm

iron eagle wrote:

Good luck Tituman!

Tks iron eagle. All resolved already as in another post. Cheers bro.

titu
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Tituman wrote:
golfchowmk wrote:

Wah bro Chow. you lucky you got away without any penalty ah. Your look so "pai kia" like that whereas I look so decent type lol! ROFL hahahhahahahah Pai seh pai seh.. just want to let off some steam here ha ha. Thanks for your concern bro. Beer on me next time okie??

titu

Haha,, ok beer on u. bro titu u not need to chop few time on new pp. just bring along the old pp tghtr when u doing the macs.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:02 pm

good that it is resolved... something similar happened to me but from Singapore custom.

Went to Australia for exercise during NS and I think they forgot to scan my passport.

Few years later when I going overseas. was told by the custom officer that record shows I am still in Australia!!

They just amend it on the spot...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:34 pm

@Golfchow...That was what I intended to do but with the old one with the error, so now everything ok, I will just bring my old PP along to verify my constant in and out of JB. Tks bro.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 10:58 am

Hi Tituman,

I am glad your headache has been solved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore   HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HELP !!! Passport not chop on return back to Singapore
Page 1 of 1