Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)

Go down 
+45
mowen
JL
Vinny
Duval_S
mojojojo
mizzy
ChrisD
mengteck71
JGoh
golfool2009
DGman
Ryan Lee
nientsu
sandkie
S70B
klt8144
CoRN
hw_ball
alvin7379
Loudmouth
watermyforrest
golf_snowman
blee67
chinchiachun
zhenxua
JonL_TK
Derek
eiji
Agumon
slinger
jimmychoo
pushslice
Ssquirrel
mloy
mUAr_cHEe
4dtoto
Birdman
Aloyboy
drawbias
duffader
TheFocalPoint
kian
asahi
andrew-golf
shamusan
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:36 am

jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:
mloy wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
A challenge is meaningless with strokes given albino

I agree.

Then what is the point of the handicap system. The system was implemented so that low handicap golfers playing with high handicaper will give stroke accordingly.

not if u are challenging ppl 5 places above u n within the same division.....

we want u to play better golf without the HC.....

mloy, DUN use the HC to buaya your fellow forumers... affraid
So how many strokes you give me? Suspect

u dun have the standard to challenge me yet..... pls look for #11-#15 first

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:38 am

mloy wrote:
slinger wrote:
mloy wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

I agree.

Then what is the point of the handicap system. The system was implemented so that low handicap golfers playing with high handicaper will give stroke accordingly.

So I am to understand that there is no strokes given if we are playing in the same division?

dear Mloy,

if you issue a challenge to someone and then still have to ask..eh give me strokes, and you proceed to beat them because of the strokes you got, would it be fair to say that you are playing better than that player and deserve a higher place on the ladder? I seriously doubt it. if you wanna challenge a player sitting in a position higher above you, it must be because you have the confidence to say I can beat that player on level grounds.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:38 am

mloy wrote:
slinger wrote:
mloy wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

I agree.

So I am to understand that there is no strokes given if we are playing in the same division?

yes....

but for div 2, there are special concessions given to players #56-#60 in terms of strokes

pls refer to RnR later in this week for clarification...

or u can call wilkang....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:39 am

mloy wrote:
slinger wrote:
mloy wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

I agree.

AND within the 5 ranks mloy. the Top player on Div 1 could be a 10 handicapper and the bottom one could be a 18hcapper. That is why we have the 5 rank limit. If the bottom player was able to move upwards, it means his hcap would have been lower liao...
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:41 am

slinger wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
NB Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:42 am

eiji wrote:
mloy wrote:
slinger wrote:
mloy wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

I agree.

dear Mloy,

if you issue a challenge to someone and then still have to ask..eh give me strokes, and you proceed to beat them because of the strokes you got, would it be fair to say that you are playing better than that player and deserve a higher place on the ladder? I seriously doubt it. if you wanna challenge a player sitting in a position higher above you, it must be because you have the confidence to say I can beat that player on level grounds.

Thanks eiji. Point taken.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:44 am

mloy wrote:

If we are going to rely on the handicap system, then why for have this league? Just based on ranking everytime based on handicap?

my assumption or if u let me run the thing...

the handicap is first used here to give some sort of seeding or ranking for the start, then subsequent challenges and points are in placed to let the ppl clumb up or drop off the list....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:46 am

jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
NB Mad Mad Mad

Come on, my LC shifu!

You can do it! Just win 1 challenge and you can jio slinger Liao.

cheers
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 11:58 am

asahi wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
NB Mad Mad Mad

Come on, my LC shifu!

You can do it! Just win 1 challenge and you can jio slinger Liao.

cheers
Mai lah..... let him be up there..... I will feel more comfortable in Div. 2 drunken
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:09 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
I will feel more comfortable in Div. 2 drunken

pussy.... i challenge u... but u too high up.
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:26 pm

if i lose the challenge , wat happens? drop position?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:01 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
NB Mad Mad Mad

U can challenge me but our oath will take precedence over the rule and regulations. Smile
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Aloyboy wrote:

If the player below you challenge you and win, he takes your ranking and you his. If you challenge the player above you and you lose. You stay at the same ranking. No change. Am I right OC?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:49 pm

mloy wrote:
Aloyboy wrote:

If the player below you challenge you and win, he takes your ranking and you his. If you challenge the player above you and you lose. You stay at the same ranking. No change. Am I right OC?

Correct on 1st part.

If the player below you challenge you and win, he takes your ranking and you his. If you challenge the player above you and you lose, you drop 2 rankings.

Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:16 pm

duffader wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
NB Mad Mad Mad

U can challenge me but our oath will take precedence over the rule and regulations. Smile

Rule is Rule, we play by the rule. But when bets is involved, stick to our oath. Swee bo? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:08 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
duffader wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
NB Mad Mad Mad

Rule is Rule, we play by the rule. But when bets is involved, stick to our oath. Swee bo? Twisted Evil

Since when you and me play without betting???
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:21 pm

duffader wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
duffader wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
NB Mad Mad Mad

Since when we bet individual - Just you and me??? It's always me partner with my LC bro and bet with you partner another top notch player. Tio bo? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:29 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
duffader wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
duffader wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

ROFL ROFL ROFL
NB Mad Mad Mad

Since when we bet individual - Just you and me??? It's always me partner with my LC bro and bet with you partner another top notch player. Tio bo? Rolling Eyes

Ur lc bro decide one mah...Smile
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:42 pm

duffader wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

Ur lc bro decide one mah...Smile
I think the last game you never turn on full throttle but hope that our next game I will make you press on your after burner Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:26 pm

asahi wrote:
mloy wrote:
Aloyboy wrote:

Correct on 1st part.

If the player below you challenge you and win, he takes your ranking and you his. If you challenge the player above you and you lose, you drop 2 rankings.

affraid like that I'll go down to the bottom of the ladder very fast.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:47 pm

Why so worry sista? even if you go down few ranks then youll find easier meats there. Youre supposed to win your matches then, and you should climb up again, naturally to your "equilibrium" place in the league

So i guess its wise to play one rank at a time Very Happy

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:14 pm

mloy wrote:
asahi wrote:
mloy wrote:
Aloyboy wrote:

Correct on 1st part.

As long time BVA supporter and secretary, I have faith in your golfing ability, if not, your screaming one.

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:49 pm

asahi wrote:
mloy wrote:
asahi wrote:
mloy wrote:
Aloyboy wrote:

Correct on 1st part.

As long time BVA supporter and secretary, I have faith in your golfing ability, if not, your screaming one.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

esp when opponent is putting!

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:15 pm

ya lor... some more when ppl try to stop her, she get either violent or cuddly... i'm not which is worse...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 10:28 pm

shamusan wrote:
she get either violent or cuddly... i'm not which is worse...

women have those traits..... get used to it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)   Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Republic Challenge League - Div 1 (Challenges and trash talk)
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next