Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck

Go down 
+10
duffader
Derek
laybeedlang
keithngzx
watermyforrest
DRGjr72
Kookk
Lipp
shamusan
andrew-golf
14 posters
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck Empty
PostSubject: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:23 pm

Just sharing my personal experience today

as we all know, the service level at the deck at NSRCC Changi is not exactly up to standard.

But i feel that it is getting worse. 2 incidents happened today.

i was at the counter and one member golfer was trying to order a pack of cigarettes to take away. There was no one avail to serve him. So he spoke to the cashier and she promptly ignored him. This guy was infuriated and raised his voice at the cashier. It was after a few "yells" that she relented and spoke to him. He commented that he wanted a pack of marboro menthol. Without looking, the cashier jus told him, " dun have". the member got more angry and pointed at the cigarette rack," isnt that the one???" the cashier gave the lousy face and then reluctantly opened the rack and passed it to him. The member commented to her that she is impossibly rude and he wanted to make a compliant. She jus told him that she was busy. he replied,"im looking at more of 'im sorry". you dun deserve to work here!!
the cashier jus looked away and walked away.!!!!

den my turn. Sensing that the cashier was not in the best of moods, i turned my attention to a waitress that happened to walk towards me. I used my most electric smile and asked her if she can help me. she promptly accepted and helped me with my order. i ordered kopi O. she said dun have. only have teh tarik!! in my mind i was wondering... no kopi o?? at 835am?? weekday?? but what the heck. then i told her i will take teh tarik and 2 char siew baos. she promptly asssisted me. i didnt check the baos.

At the buggy, i discovered that the char siew baos are not properly defrosted and i am damn angry. i threw the baos away. i mean... you can jus tell me the baos are not ready. dun need to just give it to me to make me go away. i wasted $4 on that meal.

to me, that is really really lousy... and i heard that their are not renewing their term in june..

Thank goodness.... and thank goodness for JUMBO...

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:35 pm

Finally, someone started a thread on horrible the bloody place is...

Amen brother, all of them there need to be fired... and sent back to whatever country they came from...

I refuse to eat at the bloody place, not only is the service crap, the food is absolute garbage as well!
Back to top Go down
Lipp
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:43 pm

I was at a cafe facing Navy course, is that The Deck? It's my first time there and it was not the minimum I would expect from a club like NSRCC Changi. I totally agree the service sucks big time. Was at the counter to order my breakfast and those service/counte staff see me like invisible. Damn piss off but LL, I'm too hungry not to eat anything before my game. Glad to know they are leaving and hopefully a better cafe will surface.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:44 pm

i simply cannot fanthom..

835am in a weekday morning...

dun have Kopi O!!

the non defrosted baos was the last straw... i could have walked back and had it out with them for serving me food that is not ready for consumption
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 3:53 pm

lets stop this topic ... no need to arouse any more emotions..

mods,

can trouble you to close this?
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:00 pm

Looks like it will be Jumbo dim sum for awhile.

On the other hand, thumbs up for NSRCC Kranji. Service and food is better.

Although sometimes not enough manpower to handle lightning stop crowds.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:05 pm

i think this thread is good, we should sign a petition and get NSRCC to kick them out faster!
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:37 pm

I think threads such as this are good. They inform people of the bad service and help illustrate what the problem is. In this instance there is not a grey area where something could be mis interpreted. There was poor service, something not on the menu that clearly should have been, and the order was not fulfilled to any acceptable standard.

If you want to lock it up and keep sweeping things like this under the rug, then don't be surprised if it keeps happening.

Personally I would have sent the GM of the club an email and informed him of what happened.

Being a former professional in the industry I am well aware of industry standards, customer service levels and how those differ from facility to facility. Maybe this course is not Sentosa, but there are still minimum service standards that should be met. The GM should know if there is an issue with any part of his operation and do what he can to fix it. I am also aware that the customer is not always right and there are instances of people who expect the world and if they don't get it they scream bloody murder. A good GM can figure out which complaints have merit and which ones do not.

This clearly is a case where service standards were clearly neglected and not only that general health regulations might not have been met. It appears that this outfit is on the way out, and it also appears thus has been an ongoing problem at this facility. Sometimes it is good to let people know of experiences, good or bad....no different than a review of a club or car.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:44 pm

this thread is not meant as a complaint..

one of our good brothers have already taken action and feedback.. and that is good enough for me..

the purpose of this thread is to inform everyone of the happenings and hope we can be vigilant...

and i hope the next vendor can provide better quality food and service.. cos the crowd there, i feel, doing business there will not lose money Smile
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:49 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
...the purpose of this thread is to inform everyone of the happenings and hope we can be vigilant...

Got terrorist ah?

Back to top Go down
keithngzx
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:16 pm

Ya service very bad.

I will eat before hand or at the halfway house....bananas, prawn cake and popiah etc, very good, freshly fried!
Back to top Go down
laybeedlang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
laybeedlang

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm

sometimes I eat at the staff canteen, the malay food quite nice and cheap also
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:35 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
...the purpose of this thread is to inform everyone of the happenings and hope we can be vigilant...

Got terrorist ah?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:27 pm

Kookk wrote:
Looks like it will be Jumbo dim sum for awhile.

On the other hand, thumbs up for NSRCC Kranji. Service and food is better.

Although sometimes not enough manpower to handle lightning stop crowds.

Thumbs up for Kranji from me as well. Their "Te Kar Bee Hoon" is awesome!
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:59 pm

One more incident, I was at the club with capt, agumon, and squirrel after a game. And they were collecting the dishes after our food. And guess what they did? They dump the ash tray contents onto the plates. When we ask the guy why he disgust, he say never mind will still wash in the kitchen.

We were really lost for words!
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Really agreed that place needs a major revamp in service and food standard..
Everytime there really let me feel lousy .. But I always think hopefully next time they are better .. Ha had been a year since and they are still not progressing..

Thumbs up for the kranji cafe...
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:21 am

well, at least the food at the halfway houses at Changi is pretty decent.

I have had good glutinous rice, bee hoon (with sambal), freshly fried fishballs and chicken wings that really hit the spot!
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:24 pm

wonder who is the current operator there ?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:04 pm

4dtoto wrote:
wonder who is the current operator there ?
SFI
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:16 pm

bring 11B got discount or not?
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:18 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
bring 11B got discount or not?
Dun think so leh... they never ask from me before!!!
I think must scan though
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:26 pm

But no unit leh..so input wh unit. think it is luck they dun serve in metal tray or paper boxes..
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Something off track, do you all notice that the timer in GR is one hour ahead ??
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
JonL_TK

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:34 pm

4dtoto wrote:
Something off track, do you all notice that the timer in GR is one hour ahead
??

Welcome to the Twilight Zone!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck   Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do not eat at NSRCC Changi.. The Deck
Page 1 of 1