Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine

Go down 
+3
ooniik
Uncle Lau
slinger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine Empty
PostSubject: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:52 pm

in my opinion, the toughest of the 3 nines there, hazard plentiful n shots are demanding, thus a little help for all the new members that just join......... (white tees hor)

Hole 1: shortest of the par 5, 410m dog-right, hazard right (driving range, confirm penalty), left is flower bed (free lift if can find ball, if not penalty again) 3 bunkers left of fairway, about 180-210m, if long hitter, can fly past the 3 bunkers, then left abt 160-170m to green, if layup, accuracy is paramount need to find fairway, just play smart, 2nd shot should be left of fairway to aviod the hugh tree on the rite that might impede your approach if not going for the green lah, bunker protecting the front of the green, so play about 20-30m away from the green (RIGHT of green) for a comfortable chip on the 3rd shot, green slope from right to left, can be tricky....1st shot is crucial here, just find fairway here then the rest will be manageable.

Hole 2: 320m par 4, bunker left n right of fairway, if long hitter, can fly past the left bunker (190m-200m), if short hitter, then play to the right cos right bunker further than left bunker (not too right, then the trees will come in play), hugh green, just get the right distance, not too difficult.

Hole 3: par 3 130m, very stright forward, green not too hard top read.

Hole 4: 480m par 5, dog right, OB right and water left, index 3, besides the hazards, also got the most bunkers, so play smart again, bunker left n right about 200m from the tee, 2nd shot aim for the middle LEFT bunker (80m from the green), so chose the correct club, avoid right at all cost, OB from tee to green, hugh but easy green.

Hole 5: Index 1, 340m par 4, very straight, can see pin from tee-box, again water left from tee to green, OB right from tee to green, 3 bunkers right fairway (150m, 170m, 190m), there's no bailout zone for this hole except the fairway, once 1st shot is safe, u are 50% away from blowing this hole, green relatively easy if red or white, if blue there will be severe breaks depending your ball position relative to the pin..................i hate this hole

Hole 6: Dog-right par 4, 300m, 90* dog right, easy for the ball to slice to the amazon forest right of this hole (DO NOT GO RIGHT), not only got penalty, but still got no shot to the green, hugh hhugh bunker right fairway (180-200m to carry bunker), if u are long hitter, have to fade the drive to carry the bunker and stay in play, if drive is straight, might run out of fairway to the hazard (again penalty), bunkers left n right to protect the green........of cos, there is another way to play this hole, if want to know, u need to PM me, cos dun want to drink kopi with the DC ppl

Hole 7: 140m par 3, hugh green with bunkers left n right, just aim for the green lah

Hole 8: 330m par 4, this is the telescopic hole, before tee-off need to look through the scope to see the front flight has cleared, water cut through this hole at the 100m mark, if there is tail wind, those long hitter better keep the driver, left fairway is better then right fairway, green is protected by hugh bunker on the right, left of green is water, behind of green is water too, so play the correct distance, safest is the middle of the green, regardless of pin position.

Hole 9: Long par 4, 370m, though index 5, this hole is a killer, left water from tee to green, right also water from the 200m mark from the tee, like hole 5, there are no bailout zone, accuracy is paramount, just aim center fairway. 2nd shot also premium cos green sits on a plateau, if miss green on the left, it will slope to the water, likewise if miss to the right, slope to water too, behind also got water.......bogey is a good score, 1st shot can play about 180m to center of fairway, follow by 150m-160m approach so that u dun cheong the green with wood/hybrid, easy to have penalties on this hole, so play safe, chip with the 3rd onto the green, home safe n dry

remember to bring more balls for this nine.......... u never know
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Thanks for sharing bro !

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Thanks for sharing bro !

Very Happy

you are not my "bro" lah......

SHIFU, let me buy you kopi, long time never show respect to you liao............ how? still preying on new members? i am what i am cos i learn from the best, thank you for the years of enlightning me....... flower
Back to top Go down
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:00 am

I find that the Army course is better and always play better compared to Navy course.....

Sigh, maybe it's just me...... need to book and play NAvy more often.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:19 am

i think ur other way of playing hole 6 is to go straight for the pin from tee box...
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 10:59 am

I once made a HUGE slice (ball went wayyyy right) on my drive on hole 6. Ball landed near the green of one of the Navy holes (can't rem which one). From there, about 50m chip onto the Hole. 6 green. Putted that in for birdie..

Moral of story.. Not how you drive, how u arrive.. ehehhehehee.. so cliche' i know.. Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:46 pm

thats how somw ppl play this hole, aim the adjacent navy fairway then attack the green from there, take away the bunkers and forest, also ball will not run out of hole 6 fairway if u are a long hitter.....
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TourSwing

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:09 pm

Slinger rocks!

Can't seem to find the same for navy & airforce!?
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 2:46 pm

well done bro slinger..

yes i hate hole 5 also... pull a bit.. ball will swerve left and water...

fade a bit.. hit the slopes off the bunkers... go OB... and damn.. cant find the ball even if the ball goes down gently...

only resolve is to go STRAIGHT...

hhahahahaa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine   NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSRCC Changi Course Army Nine
Page 1 of 1