Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)

Go down 
+10
Kookk
TDO
bomby
ranctor
willytan
enwee
andrew-golf
ChrisD
neutralgolfer
renode
14 posters
AuthorMessage
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) Empty
PostSubject: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:07 am

This is my less favoured Par 3 hole (Navy hole 6 is slightly better)

The green is narrow and slope is highest at centre of green. Bunkers left and right. From blue tee, it can be 160-170m and it's a 4-5 iron depending on wind.

Thing is, if the pin is positioned near and behind the bunker, what would you do? Go for pin but risk ball land n roll towards back rough? or hit centre and try to putt downhill?
Back to top Go down
neutralgolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
neutralgolfer

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:22 am

Always aim for centre of green, then go for 2 putts. If you are confident then go for pin.
Essentially this should be applicable for all par 3.

Just my suggestion.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 am

Hardest pin is the on the left. Need abt 145m carry and roll less than 10m to stay on.
Pin on the right also need around 145m carry but can allow roll of abt 15m.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 11:19 am

Where ever the pin is. I will whip out my 7i and aim centre of green. The most 3 putt

Short. Will be downhill chip for pin left and right. Red pin no issue
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 12:43 pm

145m will carry over bunkers from blue tee? Ok I'll try club down at my next try!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
enwee

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:16 pm

Generally all par 3s for me is hit and pray
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
willytan

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 7:39 pm

Will aim for the centre for safety play instead of going for the pin and land in the bunker. Easier to 2 putt then 1 out the bunker then 2 to the pin.
Back to top Go down
ranctor
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
ranctor

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:33 pm

That hole I believe missed right is much better than left. So I aim right and let it draw slightly to the centre.
Back to top Go down
bomby
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 2:53 pm

I just aim centre and pray..
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 4:46 pm

Just get the ball on the green and pray it will accidentally go in the hole.  Very Happy

Last edited by TDO on Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 5:06 pm

ranctor wrote:
That hole I believe missed right is much better than left. So I aim right and let it draw slightly to the centre.

No wonder you are Master.  affraid
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 8:12 pm

jmho...

there are other holes in Army that you should be more worried about than hole 7....
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:31 pm

Yeah, especially hole 9
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy
haragolfer

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:39 pm

unless we play golf to put food on the table.  bogeys are really good scores already.  2 on 2 putt.  work smarter maybe 1 putt for par.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
andrew-golf

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 9:42 pm

Army is my fav course. But I really hate that index par 4...
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 10:37 pm

Normally I come back with scores of below 50 will be a very good score already.
So bogey for each hole is good score for me
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:07 am

Yah I agree bogey for each hole is gd score for army already...

Hole 9 might look daunting but I think it's long and just needs some course management.. I think Hole 8 approach is difficult when the pin is positioned mid or back of green. The design of green is such that it's diagonal across so front pin position plays shorter and have some safe zone to miss/chip when going for pin. 

On the other hand, if the pin is mid or back, there is much green to work and have to choose the correct club to hit. I like to hit to left side of fairway to approach the green (aim the small tree at the edge of the water).
Back to top Go down
Tigercrab
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Tigercrab

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 4:03 pm

to fix longer roll of longer club i usually tee up higher, hope for a higher trajectory shot !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)   How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to play NSRCC Changi Army Course Hole 7 (Par 3)
Page 1 of 1