Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?

Go down 
+8
missmoon
Birdman
DimWit Kid
93vtec
wilkang
samT
Lee36328
Dream
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 pm

missmoon,

..... its level (-ve) 5 for Dream Smile

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Dream wrote:
hmmm.....

may i say...

In girls point of view, "that impression" shud only be :
wilkang must be an attractive man to attract such pretty ladies walking into the frame whenever his camera shuttles off Smile

its a compliment Smile

Not only attractive, but a real gentleman with animal magnetism. Many can attest to that.

Which animal, his friends all know. Very Happy

I also not shy to say I love playing with him. cheers
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:48 pm

Dream wrote:
hmmm.....

may i say...

wilkang must be an attractive man to attract such pretty ladies walking into the frame whenever his camera shuttles off Smile

its a compliment Smile

eh hem...*my throat is dry all of a sudden*

lol..real attractive men will definitely rebuke this "compliment".
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:48 pm

hi wilkang,

thks for the details, i shud be facing my 1st problem of eyesight n gripping before even entering into level 1 Smile

btw, do u mind me asking, for levels 1-5, how long approxiately will a incorrigible greenhorn be expected to go thru?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:51 pm

And the Pied Piper has played his tune yet again! cheers ROFL cheers

There is no how long Dream, the journey is never ending, that's why golf is a life long game, and the only game where a 60 year old golf professional can almost win one of the world's major golf competitions against men less than half his age.

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:52 pm

Birdman wrote:
Dream wrote:
hmmm.....

may i say...

its a compliment Smile

Not only attractive, but a real gentleman with animal magnetism. Many can attest to that.

Cannot tahan liao. Me his animal (pig) friend lor.

Hooray
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Birdman wrote:
Ur most welcome Dream.

We are not always right here, many are opinions or experiences from a certain individual's perspective. We are all still on our learning journey, the main thing is that we share, discuss, and enjoy friendship and golf................

............ You are new to the game, nothing you ask is silly, it's to learn. And we'll help where we can, with pleasure I might add. Very Happy

Birdman,

those valuable experiences n opinions coming fr individuals are the most 可遇不可求 to me [opportunity which cant be asked for] Smile its priceless i shud say...

allow me to show my appreciation...
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:06 pm

asahi wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Dream wrote:
hmmm.....

may i say...

its a compliment Smile

Cannot tahan liao. Me his animal (pig) friend lor.

Hooray

i guess... birdman n wilkang must be best of golf-mates... Smile

envious of true friends like u guys, who share the same passion n enjoying the same hobby tgt Smile
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 pm

wilkang wrote:
BM..i actually have my personal 5 levels hor...LOL

Level 1 - Trying to hit the ball
Level 2 - Trying to hit straight
Level 3 - Trying to hit far
Level 4 - Eqpt junkie
Level 5 - Custom fitting

Ultimate goal - To get on the greens as much as possible and enjoy a good game.

*Above are levels i went through, may differ from others* :p

Huh??? I got it all wrong then:
I do it like this:
Firjavascript:emoticonp('Rolling Eyes')st - Eqpt junkie
Then - custom fitting
Then - trying to hit ball
Then - trying to hit far
Then - trying to hit straight...

No wonder my ball cost is much higher than even equipment Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now I have another kind of impression abt wilkang.. not only magnetic for women but also for birdman???

And what's a birdman - man with a bird? Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:12 pm

Dream wrote:
hi wilkang,

thks for the details, i shud be facing my 1st problem of eyesight n gripping before even entering into level 1 Smile

btw, do u mind me asking, for levels 1-5, how long approxiately will a incorrigible greenhorn be expected to go thru?

We were all once incorrigible greenhorn in the beginning. Laughing Laughing

Time is not a factor when i am going through those levels, but rather the amount of time spent at the range and with coaches that is important.

So don't worry your little head about the time needed. Laughing Laughing

I am only approx 2 years into the game and still ding-donging around the levels.
It's always a learning process with every shot.

BTW..out of curiosity..If you don't mind me asking..What's with the eyesight and gripping??
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Birdman wrote:
And the Pied Piper has played his tune yet again! cheers ROFL cheers

There is no how long Dream, the journey is never ending, that's why golf is a life long game, and the only game where a 60 year old golf professional can almost win one of the world's major golf competitions against men less than half his age.

thats comforting to me as i really afraid to become a "burden" more than a student to the "unlucky" coach, hope i may find one soon...

n many of my friends share the same reply when i mentioned to them abt picking up golf : "Huh! At this age??!!"
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:17 pm

Haha.. you don't know what you are asking for Dream... information overload, trust me. Many of us who have been learning for years, even decades, still don't understand the game.

Just learn how to sift out what you can use from what you can't, and you won't stray too far off the path. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:32 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
wilkang wrote:

Level 4 - Eqpt junkie
Level 5 - Custom fitting

I do it like this:
Then - custom fitting
Then - trying to hit far

No wonder my ball cost is much higher than even equipment Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Now I have another kind of impression abt wilkang.. not only magnetic for women but also for birdman???

DWK, using ProV1 issit? I think I played behind you before then, cos I ever pick up quite a few from rough and water. ROFL

As for your last question, guess you never take bio in school right? Very Happy

Just kidding... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 pm

wilkang wrote:
Dream wrote:
hi wilkang,

We were all once incorrigible greenhorn in the beginning. Laughing Laughing

Time is not a factor when i am going through those levels, but rather the amount of time spent at the range and with coaches that is important.

So don't worry your little head about the time needed. Laughing Laughing

I am only approx 2 years into the game and still ding-donging around the levels.
It's always a learning process with every shot.

BTW..out of curiosity..If you don't mind me asking..What's with the eyesight and gripping??

i get u Smile u r right... its the amount of effort n time spent on learning n practising.... i can really feel u guys r enjoying every single swing in ur life now Smile its ur passion n love for this sport that brings u guys to where u r today...

no no, of cos i will not mind u asking, pls feel free to. Smile

ermmm... i m experiencing intermittent blurness of my eyesight for more than a year which makes me hard to focus... it feels just like a camera trying adjust to focus for every shot...

as for the gripping thingy, my limbs r mobile, thankfully, only that my right thumb n forearm r losing the sense of touch since last month... i can move them but cant feel... oh, but tats an advantage if i need to give a punch to anyone, cos i wont feel pain Smile

but these r definitely a big disadvantage to golf, i know Sad
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Birdman wrote:
Haha.. you don't know what you are asking for Dream... information overload, trust me. Many of us who have been learning for years, even decades, still don't understand the game.

Just learn how to sift out what you can use from what you can't, and you won't stray too far off the path. Very Happy

True...

Am trying to learn how to drive well (and long) - currently carries 180 max Razz bah... first trying to "use waist rotation"... so difficult - beginning at this age Razz
Before I got anything near to good in that - read about this "using ground as leverage" .... tried to do that but since the basic swing still nowhere near perfect - the ground leverage thingy got me to "further" my drive carry from 180 to 150... Razz
Then read this RSS and I start missing the ball Very Happy

So .. I agree - pick a coach, hopefully you get a good one, and listen well and just try to do the steps he wants you to do and keep doing it every day before trying anything new... Golfswing is a 'habit' so you need to do the swing as often as possible dream.. and 2-3 months you'll step in to level 2 - custom fitting Razz
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:38 pm

Birdman & i have our moments in the rain at batam, and through that forged an unbreakable playing bond. Laughing Laughing

That should give your obession with my impression a rude shock.. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:43 pm

wilkang wrote:
Birdman & i have our moments in the rain at batam, and through that forged an unbreakable playing bond. Laughing Laughing

Dream, if you think Wilkang is attractive, wait till you see him in a wet t-shirt! ROFL

That rainy game in Batam was unforgettable! ROFL

And especially in golf Dream, it's never to late to learn, many have picked up the game in their forties and even fifties.

Last edited by Birdman on Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:45 pm

Birdman wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:
wilkang wrote:

Level 4 - Eqpt junkie
Level 5 - Custom fitting

I do it like this:
Then - custom fitting
Then - trying to hit far

DWK, using ProV1 issit? I think I played behind you before then, cos I ever pick up quite a few from rough and water. ROFL

As for your last question, guess you never take bio in school right? Very Happy

Just kidding... Very Happy

allow me to add...

its a pretty much straightforward question DimWit Kid hve raised Smile

given (by DimWit Kid),
Birdman = man with a bird

and (fact),
man with a bird = A Real Man

therefore,
Birdman = A Real Man

isnt it a simple question? Smile
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Birdman wrote:
wilkang wrote:

Dream, if you think Wilkang is attractive, wait till you see him in a wet t-shirt! ROFL

And a wet...limp...cigarette without a lighter... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sexy!!!
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:55 pm

Dream wrote:

i get u Smile u r right... its the amount of effort n time spent on learning n practising.... i can really feel u guys r enjoying every single swing in ur life now Smile its ur passion n love for this sport that brings u guys to where u r today...

ermmm... i m experiencing intermittent blurness of my eyesight for more than a year which makes me hard to focus... it feels just like a camera trying adjust to focus for every shot...

as for the gripping thingy, my limbs r mobile, thankfully, only that my right thumb n forearm r losing the sense of touch since last month... i can move them but cant feel... oh, but tats an advantage if i need to give a punch to anyone, cos i wont feel pain Smile

How did it come about?
Any accident that caused all these?

It's always mind over matter in golf, so no disadvantages since your limbs are mobile.
As for sight, i always get distracted by my shadows so again, you might have an advantage here. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22, 2011 11:57 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
Birdman wrote:

True...

Am trying to learn how to drive well (and long) - currently carries 180 max Razz bah... first trying to "use waist rotation"... so difficult - beginning at this age Razz
Before I got anything near to good in that - read about this "using ground as leverage" .... tried to do that but since the basic swing still nowhere near perfect - the ground leverage thingy got me to "further" my drive carry from 180 to 150... Razz
Then read this RSS and I start missing the ball Very Happy

So .. I agree - pick a coach, hopefully you get a good one, and listen well and just try to do the steps he wants you to do and keep doing it every day before trying anything new... Golfswing is a 'habit' so you need to do the swing as often as possible dream.. and 2-3 months you'll step in to level 2 - custom fitting Razz

Hi DinWit Kid,

thanks for sharing ur precious n private experience:) i guess u must be a perfectionist to urself... i can feel the strong determination vibes u possess... did u spent alot of time practising? what is the advisable hours i shud set aside for practise fr my personal schedule, or recommended? Smile i shud start planning Smile

As for the coach, i think i will be very grateful if theres any professional willing to coach me, wont ask for much Smile

Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:00 am

ROFL Dream, thank you.

I also looked down to confirm, yup, Birdman it is. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:02 am

wilkang wrote:
Birdman wrote:
wilkang wrote:

And a wet...limp...cigarette without a lighter... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sexy!!!

Great memories u guys have Smile

oh all ur descriptions.... i m starting to dream.... oops.... i mean i can imagine Smile
Back to top Go down
Dream
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Dream

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:09 am

wilkang wrote:
Dream wrote:

How did it come about?
Any accident that caused all these?

It's always mind over matter in golf, so no disadvantages since your limbs are mobile.
As for sight, i always get distracted by my shadows so again, you might have an advantage here. Smile

thanks wilkang, so nice of u trying to ease my fear fr the beginning Smile

shud i say : Fortunately, its not due to any accident...

but : Unfortunately, all r the symptoms arised fr my medical conditions of the brain n heart...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 12:16 am

Dream on a more serious note, you might want to get your eyes checked if you haven't already done so, and also your arm and thumb.

Blurred vision could affect your depth perception, and make it hard to hit the ball. And you might want to make sure your arm and thumb are fine first, so that golf doesn't aggravate or worsen the condition. Intense practice and wrong swing techniques can and has given many a golfer here (myself included) golfers elbow, pinched nerves, and such.

So please take care of yourself first.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?   totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

totally clueless, but love to pick up this sport, can i?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next