Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here

Go down 
+3
Denmeister
frankie
Lee36328
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:37 am

Dear all,

Hello, hello.

Good to be back in Singapore, at least virtually. I am a M'sian, based on KL, but spent most of my early adulthood in Singapore after graduating from NUS way back in 1990/91, so it's good to be 'back.'

Managed to grow up totally and blissfully ignorant about golf, until recently.

Now that the bug has finally bitten, it is biting hard, and it won't let go.

By way of introduction, here's what I 'look like,' or at least, as much as you can tell under the cap. It's very much a 'work-in-progress' video from a few months back, so apologies in advance for the old swing faults.

Looking forward to the knowledge-sharing and camaraderie here.

Cheers,
Lee
cheers

Last edited by Lee36328 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
frankie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
frankie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:40 am

Hello bro lee, it's good 2 'c' u here! cheers
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:18 am

Good morning Bro Lee!

In Malaysia, we have the "Malaysia My Second Home" Scheme to attract the foreigners. I guess Singapore has something similar on the internet...

I guess a couple of us will be "jetting" around the two countries quite often then...
Oh yes, Slicer and Ironhead will be flying in between three countries instead of two. Their "business" is much bigger than ours, always have to travel.

But not as lucky as Winston, be sure to keep tabs of his posts, his avatar changes very often. All of them are making the batang GRians nose bleed. My personal favorite was the one with the white singlet top. She had very "hooking" eyes looking at me.

Winston... Winston.... hai... I hate you...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:36 am

welcome Bro-Lee.....
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:00 am

frankie wrote:

Thanks, nice to be here. How's your swing now?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:07 am

Denmeister wrote:
Good morning Bro Lee!

In Malaysia, we have the "Malaysia My Second Home" Scheme to attract the foreigners. I guess Singapore has something similar on the internet...

I guess a couple of us will be "jetting" around the two countries quite often then...
Oh yes, Slicer and Ironhead will be flying in between three countries instead of two. Their "business" is much bigger than ours, always have to travel.

But not as lucky as Winston, be sure to keep tabs of his posts, his avatar changes very often. All of them are making the batang GRians nose bleed. My personal favorite was the one with the white singlet top. She had very "hooking" eyes looking at me.

What da heck are you doing up at 5:18? I sincerely hope you are getting up so early for golf bro. Laughing Laughing

Thanks for da warm welcome. Also glad to hear you are no longer playing with a 'midget' set of irons. I want to see 'who's your daddy!" in full throttle again.

This is a nice place. Well-maintained, with good spirit and passion. Just how I like it.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 am

Duval_S wrote:
welcome Bro-Lee.....

Thank you Bro.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:28 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
Good morning Bro Lee!

What da heck are you doing up at 5:18? I sincerely hope you are getting up so early for golf bro. Laughing Laughing

Thanks for da warm welcome. Also glad to hear you are no longer playing with a 'midget' set of irons. I want to see 'who's your daddy!" in full throttle again.

This is a nice place. Well-maintained, with good spirit and passion. Just how I like it.

Don't know why I am not sleeping well for the past week. Always waking up at 3 to 4am in the morning. I interchange between doing paperwork and kay po'ing in the forum now.

Also good la... daytime play golf, night and early morning work on my part time job as a landscaper.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:51 pm

Good morning my bro Lee,

welcome, it is really good to see you here. I am looking forward for more enlighting posts from you as usually.

Welcome
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 1:59 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:

Don't know why I am not sleeping well for the past week. Always waking up at 3 to 4am in the morning. I interchange between doing paperwork and kay po'ing in the forum now.

Also good la... daytime play golf, night and early morning work on my part time job as a landscaper.

That is an excellent schedule there.

One reason why you're not sleeping well could be your excitement at how you've been driving it nowadays. Playing 63 holes straight (if I got my math right) while hitting almost all the fairways is pumping a lot of adrenaline through your system.

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:01 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Good morning my bro Lee,

welcome, it is really good to see you here. I am looking forward for more enlighting posts from you as usually.

Welcome

Thank you bro.
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Welcome Lee..Nice driver swing.

Well co-ordinated hips and easy swing.

Looking forward to more of your posts.

Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here 293543
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:21 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
Denmeister wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:

That is an excellent schedule there.

One reason why you're not sleeping well could be your excitement at how you've been driving it nowadays. Playing 63 holes straight (if I got my math right) while hitting almost all the fairways is pumping a lot of adrenaline through your system.

Once the adrenaline goes away, the knee hurts. Gotta remind myself I am no longer young. Must take it pelahan pelahan... Recovery is slower when age catches up.

Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Welcome here! See that you got lots of friends already. Do join in our activities such as weekly range meets and monthly game
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:09 pm

wilkang wrote:
Welcome Lee..Nice driver swing.

Well co-ordinated hips and easy swing.

Looking forward to more of your posts.

Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here 293543

Thank you for your kind comments.

It was took hard work to achieve an easy swing, if you know what I mean. That's one of the many sublime ironies of golf. Slow down to speed up, etc.

I look forward to what I can learn here.

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Denmeister wrote:

Once the adrenaline goes away, the knee hurts. Gotta remind myself I am no longer young. Must take it pelahan pelahan... Recovery is slower when age catches up.

Played 4 rounds over 5 days recently, w 100 balls at the range after each round. One day after that, the rhomboideus started to complain.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:15 pm

sunny wrote:
Welcome here! See that you got lots of friends already. Do join in our activities such as weekly range meets and monthly game

Thank you sunny.

You have weekly range meets? That's really cool.

A bit difficult for me to join, since I'm in KL. But if I ever make a trip to visit my friends in Singapore, this would be an interesting addition to the itinerary.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
frankie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
frankie

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:19 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
frankie wrote:

i hv not been playin 4 few months now Crying or Very sad , everyday c "her" sittin at d corner makes me dam sad .i will start again next month Very Happy
Seems tat u spend more time on course now! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Lee36328

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:45 am

frankie wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
frankie wrote:

i hv not been playin 4 few months now Crying or Very sad , everyday c "her" sittin at d corner makes me dam sad .i will start again next month Very Happy
Seems tat u spend more time on course now! Very Happy

Wah, can tahan ah. I can't do it man. Even if just to swing the club indoors or at the driving range is better than nothing. Don't leave it untouched too long dude. Else it would feel like learning the swing all over again.

Yeah, been trying to bring the revamped swing to the course to hardwire it into the brain. Nothing like putting a new swing to the test in the course with some money on the line and the pressure of not letting your sixes partner down.

Hope you can return to the course soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here   Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a fellow swing enthusiast - it's good to be here
Page 1 of 1