Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!

Go down 
+9
Slicer51
Tituman
slinger
jimmychoo
asahi
mloy
garfield
sunny
Denmeister
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! Empty
PostSubject: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Hello fellow golf maniacs,

I chanced upon this forum and have been following some posts. Glad to know that there are a lot of active golfers posting. I have been following the post about the Pondo game on April 17 and I hope.... no, not hope.... KNOW all of the participants will enjoy yourself. As most of the posters said, it is not about playing well, it's about enjoying the event with good company!!!

A little about myself: I have been "trying" to figure out this game since April 2007. The journey has been filled with lots of ups and downs where the occasional exhilarating ups fuel the long painful downs. If I were to put a $$$ value to this journey, for every $1.00 I win, I have lost $50.00, BUT... I am still in it. Doesn't make sense, but I am still in this loss making commitment. So if anyone is playing in JB and needs some pocket money, just give me a reasonable number of strokes. The chances of you winning is quite high!!!

I currently play to a handicap of 15, however my mid-90s scores does not support this handicap at all. That was actually the reason why I began researching through the internet about how custom fitting of my clubs can help my game. And that was how I found the GR forum.

I have been reading that if the swing is inconsistent, clubfitting will not help. But to what level is a swing considered inconsistent? I have yet to find an answer to this. Can a session on a launch monitor clarify my questions?

Well, I will definitely be contributing and reading the posts in here so that I can learn from everyone. Until the next post, here's your JB fortune god signing off!!!
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:15 pm

Hello and welcome! We have a lot if fellow m'sians in the forum as well.

Do feel free to contribute and ask questions. This is the perfect place for sharing and learning.

Do join us for the game at ponderosa if you can as well and meet us all, a bunch of similarly crazy golfers still trying to figure out the meaning of life, oops meaning of golf.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks Sunny,

I would love to join the Pondo game. I will go ahead and put my name in.
Back to top Go down
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
garfield

Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:24 pm

hi denmeister,

you may find more information on club fitting by clicking the link below.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t2777-what-is-club-fitting

cheers
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:33 pm

garfield wrote:
hi denmeister,

you may find more information on club fitting by clicking the link below.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t2777-what-is-club-fitting

cheers

Thanks Garfield for the link.

I have read this already and am thinking about going over to BFG to experience it myself. Alas, my current workload prevents me from making the trip in. Will any BFG folks be coming in for the April 17 Pondo game? Maybe I can join him/her and this person can see whether I am ready for a custom fitting session.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:41 pm

Denmeister wrote:

I have read this already and am thinking about going over to BFG to experience it myself. Alas, my current workload prevents me from making the trip in. Will any BFG folks be coming in for the April 17 Pondo game? Maybe I can join him/her and this person can see whether I am ready for a custom fitting session.

Hi Denmeister, welcome to GR.

Good to hear that you will be joining in our April game.

With regards to BFG its better to go down personally and do an assessment. They are opened on Saturday too if you are busy at work on weekdays.
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 3:59 pm

mloy wrote:
Denmeister wrote:

With regards to BFG its better to go down personally and do an assessment. They are opened on Saturday too if you are busy at work on weekdays.

Actually busy is just an excuse la... Just need to not play a weekday game and then go in that's all!!! I have been having swing issues recently, especially with my driver. I was spraying it left and right. It affected the rest of my other clubs in my bag. Don't you just hate it when we have to be conscious of our swing during a game?

I just want to be able to swing a leeeeettle bit more consistently before I bring it to the clubfitting session.

Have you been fitted by BFG too?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 4:23 pm

Denmeister wrote:
mloy wrote:
Denmeister wrote:

Actually busy is just an excuse la... Just need to not play a weekday game and then go in that's all!!! I have been having swing issues recently, especially with my driver. I was spraying it left and right. It affected the rest of my other clubs in my bag. Don't you just hate it when we have to be conscious of our swing during a game?

I just want to be able to swing a leeeeettle bit more consistently before I bring it to the clubfitting session.

Have you been fitted by BFG too?

My irons sets are Miura and Torque Golf custom fit it for me.

Golf is a funny game. There are days when you play well and days you play worst than a beginner. Hate it but I love golf too much to give it up. hahhaha. Hope you will get your swing back soon.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Welcome there, Denmeister!

Looks like you hv some affinity with BFG already.
The branch at bukit Merah is known as the Den.

Hope to catch you around soon.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 6:40 pm

Denmeister wrote:

Don't need to see lah, if you are 15 hcp, your swing must be quite consistent liao so go make appointment clown
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Hello fellow golf maniacs,

I currently play to a handicap of 15, however my mid-90s scores does not support this handicap at all. That was actually the reason why I began researching through the internet about how custom fitting of my clubs can help my game. And that was how I found the GR forum.

HC=15 but play 90s score....

think u must be my bro JC evil twin.......
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:47 am

slinger wrote:

HCP 15 must play 90s mah...... wrong meh? Razz
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 am

jimmychoo wrote:
Denmeister wrote:

Don't need to see lah, if you are 15 hcp, your swing must be quite consistent liao so go make appointment clown
hi Jimmy,

Yes you are right. My swing is very consistently inconsistent. Ok la, die die la! I shoot for next week to go see the pro's at BFG. Better call up to make appointment.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:31 pm

Denmeister wrote:
jimmychoo wrote:

hi Jimmy,

Yes you are right. My swing is very consistently inconsistent. Ok la, die die la! I shoot for next week to go see the pro's at BFG. Better call up to make appointment.
Way to go Bro, shall be seeing you coming back with a 20 hcp but play in the range of 80s in a few months time. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
Denmeister wrote:

You said whats in my mind already so I will just said make an appt with BFG bro. By the way,
Welcome

titu

At first I thought this is another Buaya opening line but then I give you a benefit of doubt. I guessed we are in the same league. I am playing thereabouts too. Scores always dependent on the alignment of the various planets and once in a while can shoot below 90 and at that time I guessed the planets must be in a straight line.... lol!
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:30 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

Hi Jimmy,
Actually a 15 handicapper should be playing in the region of 87 to 90. Shooting Mid to high 90s will for sure lose money... Which is what's happening to me for the past 2 months. Hai... When will this ever end...
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi Folks,
Played 9 holes yesterday morning at RJCC and at hole 3 Par 3, we were getting ready to tee off when 4 wild boars galloped over from hole 2, came towards us and made a dash for the forest on the right hand side of the hole!

It's been a while since I personally saw wild boars. But I guess I will be seeing them more often since they always come onto the course to look for food. If you ever play at RJCC, you will also notice a lot of areas being dug up by wild boars.

My kaki and I thought up of a number... Better check later to see if we "huat" or not...
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 10:35 pm

4d results..... no huat....hai....
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:05 pm

No prob. There is always Sat and Sun. Razz
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 11:05 pm

Hello my friend.

It is good to see you here and try not to be too humble as I know how good you really are Very Happy

Go over to BF and see Eric .. Remember what I told you, on what he has done to my driver Superman

Btw, I see you are using the same picture too ...
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:20 am

jimmychoo wrote:
slinger wrote:

Uncle Slinger, the recent pro test score only a hand full got it below 80, I think it is the PIN position.
You are in a different CLASS lah.
>JC you pay Slinger or not ???? why "Evi...." hahaha
Back to top Go down
mkpang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:40 am

Denmeister wrote:
Hi Folks,
Played 9 holes yesterday morning at RJCC and at hole 3 Par 3, we were getting ready to tee off when 4 wild boars galloped over from hole 2, came towards us and made a dash for the forest on the right hand side of the hole!

It's been a while since I personally saw wild boars. But I guess I will be seeing them more often since they always come onto the course to look for food. If you ever play at RJCC, you will also notice a lot of areas being dug up by wild boars.

My kaki and I thought up of a number... Better check later to see if we "huat" or not...

weird..... i played there for so many years but i havent seen any wild boar physically but marks left by them on the course only...... you sure are lucky...
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:50 am

uncleP wrote:
>JC you pay Slinger or not ???? why "Evi...." hahaha

Pay Slinger? What? I also see Evi.... in him too.....hahaha.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Denmeister

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:40 am

Slicer51 wrote:
Hello my friend.

It is good to see you here and try not to be too humble as I know how good you really are Very Happy

Go over to BF and see Eric .. Remember what I told you, on what he has done to my driver Superman

Hello Bro Slicer!
Good to be talking to you once again! Yes I heard about your improved distance after your shaft change. 

My biggest issue right now is my wayward drives. I would rather be losing a hole because I shot a bogey and my opponent shot a par. It is damn frustrating when I lose the hole immediately after teeing off. 

I MUST get the driver sorted out!!!

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Denmeister wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Hello my friend.

Hello Bro Slicer!
Good to be talking to you once again! Yes I heard about your improved distance after your shaft change. 

My biggest issue right now is my wayward drives. I would rather be losing a hole because I shot a bogey and my opponent shot a par. It is damn frustrating when I lose the hole immediately after teeing off. 

I MUST get the driver sorted out!!!

Interesting ! I did not see that problem when we played last time (long time ago, of course). You must have been driving even further then before, that's is why hitting the fairway ratio is getting lower now.

I am sure Eric can help, once he analysis your swing .. Trust me !

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!   JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JB Golfaholic still trying to figure out this (&*(*&* game!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next