Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

never bite off more than you can chew..

Go down 
+12
simoner
shamusan
S70B
asahi
DRGjr72
Duval_S
4dtoto
watermyforrest
Master
pushslice
duffader
mUAr_cHEe
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:44 am

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Are people being crazy or cheap?

I think the aim is to show to their bosses that ' Boss, look...I have virtue....I can persevere....and set my mind to get what my mind was setout to get '.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:53 am

Duval_S wrote:
I think the aim is to show to their bosses that ' Boss, look...I have virtue....I can persevere....and set my mind to get what my mind was setout to get '.

yah. join Subaru Impreza challenge, win it, then come and tell me again.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:56 am

Technospaz wrote:
Are people being crazy or cheap?

Kiasu Sydrom at Work... It is a trend or culture to queue in SIN.. even if you dun know what the hell you are queuing for..See pple Q, i also must go and Q...
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:01 am

I think they were incentivised by $1 sandwich coupon...how else could you explain people waiting in line for 30-45 minutes for a BK sandwich??

In this case the incentive is the coupon.

There could also be an underlying group type mentality where once everyone else is doing it, it must be good or ok so I will go ahead and do it to be part of it.

Like my new friend stated earlier, behavioral economics is sort of a new field that studies why people behave the way they do with respect to economics. This is a great illustration of what they are speaking about. They were "nudged" by the coupon and responded by flooding the BK's and waiting in line for a sandwich. That type of data is very effective in running a business and if the day was successful fiscally (meaning they improved profit margins, even if by a small amount) you can be rest assured it will happen again.

I never really thought about it, but when you see something like this you then parallel it to your own experience and like mentioned before people will wait in line for days to get the Ipad or Iphone or some concert ticket. That might be even crazier if examined closer. Some people waited in line for 3-4 days for the Iphone in the US.

I guess it is just one of those things that make humans really interesting and even harder to understand at times.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:16 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
S70B wrote:
Dan

U were lucky not to be around when MacDs had their Hello Kitty craze.

It drove me bonkers to see ppl Q....before the store even opened and that was when they weren't 24hr.

i slept at the serene center store overnight for the last pair. -.-

no. it was not for my girlfriend. it was for my 4 year old sister then...

And whats that last pair doing now?

Another kork.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:21 am

DRGjr72 wrote:
To calculate (rudimentary calculation)...Take your salary..divide it by 2000 then divide that number in half. That is a reasonable number to equate your hourly value of time. For example. If you made $100K last year, divide that by 2000 (40 hours per week x 50 weeks). That gives you 50. Then divide that by 2 (taxes, social security, etc). That gives you an hourly value of $25.

Singapore taxes not so high. for $100k, dont need divide by 2. just times 0.86 for 2011 and 0.885 for 2012 onwards Smile
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:04 am

shamusan wrote:
fantastic... i wholeheartedly agree with both you guys... i would never wait in line to save 4 bucks for a sandwich...

however, i would gladly wait an hour for damn good char kway teow!!!

siow, i wont wait 1 hour for anything.....

but i will ask sham to tapao for me....
Back to top Go down
claderman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 9:32 am

MC its tendergrill not Mcgrill. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: never bite off more than you can chew..   never bite off more than you can chew.. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

never bite off more than you can chew..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2