Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

R11 driver & 3w field report

Go down 
+7
shamusan
james
Tituman
TheFocalPoint
garylin
Aloyboy
pocketace
11 posters
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

R11 driver & 3w field report Empty
PostSubject: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Folks
just wanna share our experience using the r11 which my buddy bought and I get to give it a go this morning in nsrcc
(1) Driver 10.5 deg US specs reg flex
(2) 3 wood Jap specs stiff

we all read bout the white head against green fw contrast. So I wun say more bout that.

Driver: set to all neutral settings. It felt light at address. My buddy (9 hcp) keeps pushing the ball right. A touch of fade. He also has the 910 d2 10.5deg in reg flex which he hits very well, can hit high, low, draw, fade most of time on demand. But he just cannot work the r11 driver! I gave it a go too and felt that the driver head is lagging behind at impact causing it to be open at impact. He soon got used to it and managed to bomb a couple of long ones

3w: sits nicely behind the ball. I thot I hit it sweet but again pushed right. My buddy said gotta hit HARD (I get worried everytime I hear that). Slowly, he can control his push fade to straight but cannot seem to draw it. But mind u, this 3w us beastly long. My buddy hits it longer than my g15 driver (serano s flex). He also remarked that it is longer than his r9 3w

overall: asthetically, white is this season's colours. R11 is not for everyone. Somehow, guess the head is heavy causing it to be open at impact. I'm hopping he gets the superfast 2.0 (he is also equip junkie) then I can share our experience. I hear that it is easier to use despite a longer shaft... Till next time
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:06 pm

Thx for sharing. I used the r11 for the first time. Out of 14 fairways, I hit only one. Push fade badly. Got to get used to it. I noticed that the launch is very low.
Not that it is not good, but must get used to it.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:18 pm

Soh des neh... So we are not alone in our push fade using r11. Told my buddy to go driving range change the settings to draw but he is reluctant. He dun want a close looking face at address. Haiz... Guess he can't be a bit lazy swinging the r11.

Well I'm not complaining, if he persists and still push right, then hopefully I can win some bets from him loh
Back to top Go down
Aloyboy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Aloyboy

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 4:41 pm

LOL... i m trying to get used to it.... the head is very light compared to my previous driver .. so i guess the down swing is affected... hopefully can hit well with it!
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
garylin

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 1:09 am

just used mine on the green today.. used the:

R11 Driver 9* S flex (US Specs)

R11 3W R Flex (US Specs)

Driver:
Must say that the driver tends to fade.. my ball position that used to give me a draw now gives me a straight shot. I find it easier to hit it on the fairway as I used to pull or slice 1-2 shots with my old driver but hardly with this (maybe cos of the heavier weight).. However, I seem to need to swing harder at this fella to achieve the same distance as my previous driver. (Flightmates tell me I'm not used to it yet...)

3W:
Not sure if I'm just lucky today but the hits with this 3W were accurate and far... I think I've finally found my 3W! Easy to use and I feel very confident at setup. Love it!
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:30 am

Anyone who cannot handle the R11 or the Superfast 2.0, I'll be your buyer.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 12:47 pm

3w: sits nicely behind the ball. I thot I hit it sweet but again pushed right. My buddy said gotta hit HARD (I get worried everytime I hear that). Slowly, he can control his push fade to straight but cannot seem to draw it. But mind u, this 3w us beastly long. My buddy hits it longer than my g15 driver (serano s flex). He also remarked that it is longer than his r9 3w

Did he mentioned must look up as well ?????? albino lol!
Back to top Go down
james
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
james

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:53 pm

So I guess it's a good buy for someone who pulls/draw a lot in their drive. I was thinking of changing driver to those that can adjust so the face is a little open at address hence may counter those pull shots. But R11 only has 9 degree. I used to using 9.5.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 4:47 pm

james wrote:
So I guess it's a good buy for someone who pulls/draw a lot in their drive. I was thinking of changing driver to those that can adjust so the face is a little open at address hence may counter those pull shots. But R11 only has 9 degree. I used to using 9.5.

The ASP and FCT allows you add/subtract 0.5 deg of loft to make it either 9.5 or 8.5. D-uh! hehehehee...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:35 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Anyone who cannot handle the R11 or the Superfast 2.0, I'll be your buyer.. Smile

really? i've got a 8.5 superfast 2.0 i'm thinking of selling... its got a whiteboard 73X shaft on it, you want?
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
billi

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Thanks for sharing , up zzzz
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
TheFocalPoint

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:45 pm

shamusan wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:

really? i've got a 8.5 superfast 2.0 i'm thinking of selling... its got a whiteboard 73X shaft on it, you want?

8.5? Thanks but I ain;t no Bubba Watson. It's gotta be a 10.5 for me Smile
Back to top Go down
Kyser
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 11:51 pm

How does r11 compare with burner 2.0?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
DimWit Kid

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2011 12:27 am

Kyser wrote:
How does r11 compare with burner 2.0?

Hum? You mean superfast 2.0 right?
Same weight but I think superfast 2.0 is easier to handle... for a rookie like me.
Thinking about switching but still adamant to try taming my r11

....... TFP I'll contact you soon Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dickson Tay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 12:06 am

I tried my friend's R11 and Burner SF 2.0 on my last game... like the other bros said, 3x fade shots when using the R11 (neutral setting) but slight draw with the SF 2.0 and my current Burner 09...

I also find that the Burners sit better on address as compared to R11 and even my previous R9 drivers, i guess it boiled down to the design of the head - R11 is generally more rounded.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R11 driver & 3w field report   R11 driver & 3w field report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R11 driver & 3w field report
Page 1 of 1