Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)

Go down 
+13
nutty88
BORN2GOLF
jjjsong
xtxtxtling
watchman88sg
sandkie
Birdman
Vinny
dancsy
watermyforrest
pushslice
weesern
Slicer51
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi bro,

1) Too strong a grip is no-no for me. I would suggest you adopt neutral grip as you are not physically frail like a skinny teenager or slender guy.

2) You seem to initiate your swing with your shoulder first and not your lower torso. Thats why your ball went right if you have strong grip and would therefore slice when you have neutral or weak grip. Your shoulder is leading instead of your hip which is incorrect. You have to initiate your down swing with your lower torso.

3) Do not over-swing as it loses accuracy. Even PGA tour players advocate 3/4 swing for iron short (10.30 or 11 O'clock position is ideal).

4) You lack of weight shift at impact. About 90% of your weight must be shifted to your front leg at impact.

Cheers,
Turbo

Last edited by Turbo on Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
Turbo

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Bro Slicer,

Take a look at how Michelle Wie swung her long iron. Like what I said earlier, 3/4 swing (i.e. 10.30 or 11 o'clock top of the swing position), initiate the start of your down swing with your lower torso and 90% of your weight shifted to your front feet on impact. Enjoy the video below.

Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:13 am

Bro Slicer

Pakuwon Range brings back many good memories for me. Especially coming in second at the "C" Category some years ago for me.

Is Pak Yokyok still the resident pro there? I still have an hour of coaching sessions with him! Tiger Woods of SBY!
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:03 am

[quote="Turbo"]Bro Slicer,

Take a look at how Michelle Wie swung her long iron. Like what I said earlier, 3/4 swing (i.e. 10.30 or 11 o'clock top of the swing position), initiate the start of your down swing with your lower torso and 90% of your weight shifted to your front feet on impact. Enjoy the video below. [quote]

Bro Turbo,

Did you wrote the above yesterday ? If so, that was the old swing of mine that your saw, one year ago. I will try to sent a new video for your comment.

Thanks

Last edited by Slicer51 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 9:09 am

jurongtiger wrote:
Bro Slicer

Pakuwon Range brings back many good memories for me. Especially coming in second at the "C" Category some years ago for me.

Is Pak Yokyok still the resident pro there? I still have an hour of coaching sessions with him! Tiger Woods of SBY!

Bro JT,

It must have a long time you play in Pakuwon range. No, Pak Yokyok. The last pro instructor is Adi but passed away during an accident last month ( so sad ).

There is new instructor but I do not know his name yet.

Btw, the old Pakuwon par 3 course ( with 9 holes .. double round for 18 holes ) is opening another 9 more holes before end of this year. They will have 18 holes ( par 3 ) soon.

Do get in touch with me if you do return to Surabaya for an visit .. we can have couple of round together.
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:26 pm

Yes Pak.

Last time I was in SBY and at the Pakuwon members tourney was in 2008. Hahaha

WHat happened to Pak Yokyok!? Where is he now you know? I played a couple of rounds with him at Damu and Gresik and I enjoyed his every tip and advise

Slicer51 wrote:
jurongtiger wrote:
Bro Slicer

Bro JT,

It must have a long time you play in Pakuwon range. No, Pak Yokyok. The last pro instructor is Adi but passed away during an accident last month ( so sad ).

There is new instructor but I do not know his name yet.

Btw, the old Pakuwon par 3 course ( with 9 holes .. double round for 18 holes ) is opening another 9 more holes before end of this year. They will have 18 holes ( par 3 ) soon.

Do get in touch with me if you do return to Surabaya for an visit .. we can have couple of round together.
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 pm

looks good to me.... Smile

i think i m too lousy to comment on anything... but if any swing that we can consistently keep the accuracy, why change it? unless there's no consistency in the shots, perhaps we might need to see the pro....
Back to top Go down
cwpei8888
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:09 pm

i agree with jaketang comments. bubba and many pro present and past have weird swing. but hey, these peoples won many tournament altogether. different ppls have different physical strength and when you can draw the best out of urself, which the fact you've won a tournament i presume, why change it slicer51?

try to optimize your swing rather change it. jim fruyk and bubba have 2 strangest swinger by any standard on tour but they are tour-pro.

your backswing may be not like the common pro, but what matter is your point of impact which i think really solid. keep it bro and win more trophy with that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks jaketang & cwpei8888 for your comments

The video that I posted was almost a year old. When I was still trying and seeking knowledge of whether I can improve or understand those mistakes in my swings.

It have been some time and I guess my swing got more mutual now. As you can see, I do not really discuss about swing. As you have mention, as long as I can swing the ball to where I wanted it to go consistently, I am okay.

If you read all my posts than you knew that I started this game very late. I am in my 3 years and 2 months now but I played allot on my 1st 2 years ( at least min 7 to 9 round a month and 3 times weekly in driving range ).

I am in my journey to focus more on my short game (specially in chipping and putting). These are the area that I need to improve to get higher % for "up and down". I guess I am okay in my bunker but need to hit it close enough for 1 putt is what I need to train to do.

Some might say, how about hit hitting more GIR and do not worry about chipping. Might be truth but I am not at that level yet .. do hit GIR but % still low.

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:39 pm

[quote="jurongtiger"]Yes Pak.

Last time I was in SBY and at the Pakuwon members tourney was in 2008. Hahaha

WHat happened to Pak Yokyok!? Where is he now you know? I played a couple of rounds with him at Damu and Gresik and I enjoyed his every tip and advise

[quote="Slicer51"][quote="jurongtiger"]

2008 is a long time back bro .. I do not know where is Pak Yokyok now but I am sure I can found out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2