Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)

Go down 
+13
nutty88
BORN2GOLF
jjjsong
xtxtxtling
watchman88sg
sandkie
Birdman
Vinny
dancsy
watermyforrest
pushslice
weesern
Slicer51
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) Empty
PostSubject: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi guys,

I learned so much from SBH tread on his swing. Would you guys PLEASE comment on my 5 iron swing too ? ... I does not seen right but I do not know what it is .. Is my hip not turning fast enough or no hip turn at all ? no lag at all ?

Please 'shoot'. I am open for all comments. Thx

Last edited by Slicer51 on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:21 pm

looks like your knees are very straight and a very strong grip... from the slow mo, it looks like your forward swing start from your shoulder
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:40 pm

Bro, that swing produces trophies, not just one but a few! You want to dominate Surabaya golfing circuit, dont you? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 2:51 pm

How was the ball flight?
Back to top Go down
dancsy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
dancsy

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:02 pm

You placed the ball in the middle of your stance for 5 iron? Interesting..
Actually I thought the swing looks quite stable… no need to change if its working wor..
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
Vinny

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:19 pm

Slicer51,

Just my 5 cent bit;

1. Agreed, you got no flex in your knees throughout your swing + your shoulders are initiating your downswing not your hips. Because your right knee is not flexed and you are not allowing your hips to lead your down swing, you right elbow does not have a chance to get in the "slot" which causes you to either cast or have an outside-in downswing path. Correct me if I'm wrong, you are fading your shots when it comes to the longer clubs...... Will be better if you can do video shots of yourself from behind.

2. Your address is in a forward press position, but your impact does not replicate the forward press position from address. If you rotate / swing any faster you may be flipping your right wrist....

3. Maybe you may want to consider placing the ball one to one and a half ball towards your left leg at address; i.e. more forward in your stance?

4. V similar to SBH, you are also placing quite a fair bit of focus in getting your right elbow tucked against your body at the top of your back swing. This move does not allow you to generate much power in going into the ball aggressively; i.e. your impact is compensated.

Cheers,

Peace
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:29 pm

Hi bro, from what I see with my untrained eye, most obvious thing to me is that the clubface is shut throughout the backswing. Halfway back, the toe of the club supposed to be pointing at the sky, and at top of the backswing, clubface should be at 45 degreee angle to be considered square, and shaft should be pointing down the line. Takeaway also seems to be a little too much to the inside with hardly any wrist cock. Head is moving away from the target on the downswing instead of being over the ball at impact.

My guess is your ball flight is low or compensated for with a scooping motion at impact. Misses tend to be to the left or top, bad misses are pull hooks? If the ball makes the green, it runs rather than bite? That's the same results I'm getting with my mid irons now but with different faults.

You ask, I say, but always easier to comment on others swing than to fix our own. ROFL

Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
sandkie

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:36 pm

Nice video...

You feel it does not look right... but does the ball flight look alright?
You have very nice and relaxed shoulder rotation....

For me, I put the ball nearer to left foot for mid iron... but that's just me..

Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:48 pm

Juz saw something, I may be wrong...

your weight seems to stay on your right leg for a long time... during impact, your right heel looks like its planted on the ground but left heel is up... i guess you are hanging back too long

after impact, your right palm looks like its facing the sky rather than towards the back...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:57 pm

Yup, hanging back at impact, head has moved to over the right leg instead of over the left. Can see from the head position at start where the left ear is touching the support bar on the roof, but at impact, the ear is far away from that same bar.
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:57 pm

Bro, honestly, (1) address position too upright aka there is no spinal tilt at address. You need a lil tilt to your right to be able to stay behind the ball, before and after impact. This will also do away with possible reverse pivot which I am sure you will get yourself into subconsciously whenever you are not swinging well. (2) No knee flex as some bros have pointed out. (3) Grip a tad too strong as clubface appeared to be shut at the top. (4) Too much of forward press which also mean that you are delofting. (5) Don't see any clearing of the hip prior to getting into the impact zone, may result in more pushes than normal. Just my frank opinions since you asked. I am open for any discussion when we meet next if you are game Smile
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:14 pm

weesern wrote:
looks like your knees are very straight and a very strong grip... from the slow mo, it looks like your forward swing start from your shoulder

Thanks .. Right knees straighten during my back swing ? Yes, I felt it too. I guess there why I over swing. Yes ?

I something do have this straighten right knee problem especially when I got tired coming into the back 9 holes .. It there is drill that I can use during my round to remind myself not to straighten my right knees ? .. I know I lost power once I do that.

Strong grip, yes. I do have use stronger grip when come to 6i and 5i .. I usually push slice or slice when weaken my grip ... I know there is something wrong with my swing ( still slightly over the top )

Thanks bro weesern
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:22 pm

pushslice wrote:
Bro, that swing produces trophies, not just one but a few! You want to dominate Surabaya golfing circuit, don't you? Very Happy

Don't like that lah ... dominate is a strong words and to do it in Surabaya ?? maybe in a small little kampong in Surabaya.

If this was heard by "watchman88sg" whom I use to play with during weekday. He can easily win me using just "one arm". He will laugh so hard and dead on the spot ROFL Stretcher

Your comment is appreciated .. now, what about my swing ?
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:28 pm

ur slice may be due to the scooping action of your hand... its just a guess...
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:29 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
How was the ball flight?

Ball flight is fade at about only 150 meter on driving range ball ..
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:38 pm

dancsy wrote:
You placed the ball in the middle of your stance for 5 iron? Interesting..
Actually I thought the swing looks quite stable… no need to change if its working wor..

Good eyes bro dancsy ... Yes the ball position was rather center for the 5i. Actually, I am trying out my new iron Cobra S2 ( I am rather regret to have brought it ). The off set of the club was too much compared to my existing AP2 ....

Thanks for your comment .. it work but not good enough .. wanted to correct my swing and understand totally even though I might not able to swing perfectly. Thx

Last edited by Slicer51 on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xtxtxtling
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:39 pm

hi, mind showing us the side view of your swing as well? it looks a little like you're taking it too inside on the backswing too..
Back to top Go down
jjjsong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:39 pm

where is the location of this place. looks like a nice place
Back to top Go down
watchman88sg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
watchman88sg

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Wah bro, suan me ah....dont like that hor !
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:06 am

watchman88sg wrote:
Wah bro, suan me ah....dont like that hor !

Hi bro,

With all respect. I never suan people. You know me, I am always sincere with what I says. If someone is good player, I will say .. If someone is a weak player, I keep my mouth seal.

Now, do not forget we have a tee off time at 12 tomorrow and you better teach me more lol! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:07 am

jjjsong wrote:
where is the location of this place. looks like a nice place

It is a driving range in Pakuwon golf in Surabaya
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Slicer51

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 12:28 am

Thank bros, I have so much feedback that I need time to study and look into my swing;

Vinny;
- Right knees strighten
- shoulder initiating downswing not hip ... fading
- Incorrect ball position
- right elbow too tucked against body at the top back swing

Birdman:
- clubface was shut
- takeaway might be too inside
- head is moving aways from the target during impact

weesern
- right leg stayed too long
- left heel is slightly up

Watchman88sg
- address position too upright
- no knee flex
- grip too strong - club face shut
- too much forward press

I have all the above written down and I work on them and see whether I get post a better swing soon. Thanks again all... Swing
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy
pushslice

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 8:30 am

Slicer51 wrote:
pushslice wrote:
Bro, that swing produces trophies, not just one but a few! You want to dominate Surabaya golfing circuit, don't you? Very Happy

Don't like that lah ... dominate is a strong words and to do it in Surabaya ?? maybe in a small little kampong in Surabaya.

If this was heard by "watchman88sg" whom I use to play with during weekday. He can easily win me using just "one arm". He will laugh so hard and dead on the spot ROFL Stretcher

Your comment is appreciated .. now, what about my swing ?

bang Steve, I can only admire a championship swing, looks like you have enough feedback from helpful bros, Hope we can play together in Jkt or Singapore!
Back to top Go down
BORN2GOLF
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:21 am

In my humble opinion:

You've got a good flow from backswing to downswing.

2 things I think could produce better results and more consistent are

1. Your ball position: for a 5iron, it's too far to the middle, move your ball position slightly to your left

2. For a 5iron, you have a lot of forward press like a 9 iron or P wedge. The forward pressing probably come from the way you positioned your ball which is too far back.

Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
nutty88

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 1:51 pm

hi Slicer,

I noticed the "reverse pivot" but I somehow feel that your right hand grip is way too strong. This could be attributed to strong left grip but with such a grip on your right hand, it will be extremely challenging to have a propose release which typically resulted in a fade or slice.

With all things remain unchanged, try turning your right hand in to make it a tad weaker to see if it will change your ball flight.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)   Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please comment on my swing too (Slicer51)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next