Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing

Go down 
+11
golfcoma
ghoonk
jaketang
shotah
Right_sided_coach
mUAr_cHEe
Cyp_PGA
pocketace
weesern
Duval_S
Sam2902
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sam2902
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sam2902

Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing Empty
PostSubject: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Hi Pros,

Taken just this morning at the Exec. Golf Course.

This was my practice swing before I teed off.

Kindly critique and advise how I can improve.

Thanks Smile

* club used was a 7 iron

Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing Mygolfswing281209[code]

Last edited by sunny on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit title)
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Nice swing.....but where did the ball go....straight, fade...how far did you intend to land (carry) vs. actual

disclaimer: I am not a PRO....
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:23 pm

is ur ball flight quite high??
Back to top Go down
Sam2902
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sam2902

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Hi,

Hmm, I'm not so experienced yet to be able to control the type of shots I want. It's usually either a bad slice on a bad day or straight shot on a good day haha. Fortunately for me today, the balls mostly went straight. But even with a 7 iron it travelled about 90-100m only..
Back to top Go down
Sam2902
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sam2902

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 1:47 pm

weesern wrote:
is ur ball flight quite high??

hmm, for my irons I would say the ball flight is erm, normal? I'm pleased with the sound at impact and how the ball takes off. But for my woods they go really high even when I tee the ball quite low.. Example, I need to look up towards the sky to see it. End up my 5 wood tee shots travel at most 100 to 120m only..
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:07 pm

see a pro lah... better than to get advice from mortals like us. there are some pros in this forum, they may also hesitate to comment based on the pics you posted. (btw, nice pics, how to take pics like this? you got a tripod set up huh?)

Usually, the pros offer free look at your swing, no obligations. If you really keen to improve properly, then take lessons. The pro can offer your a program for your consideration.

And to contradict myself further... i couldn't resist but to notice that the top of our backswing, your hips rotated too much vis-a-vis your shoulder turn. Try to resist the hip turn while continue to have your shoulder turn --> more powerful to uncoil and release the shot. BTW, I am not a pro. Wink
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:32 pm

how to see bigger the picture ? go see greg park ..... green fairways if u want his number pm me . he will teach u the best shot in golf draw ball
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:40 pm

you can pick up some tips here.
Back to top Go down
Sam2902
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Sam2902

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 2:54 pm

pocketace wrote:
see a pro lah... better than to get advice from mortals like us. there are some pros in this forum, they may also hesitate to comment based on the pics you posted. (btw, nice pics, how to take pics like this? you got a tripod set up huh?)

Usually, the pros offer free look at your swing, no obligations. If you really keen to improve properly, then take lessons. The pro can offer your a program for your consideration.

And to contradict myself further... i couldn't resist but to notice that the top of our backswing, your hips rotated too much vis-a-vis your shoulder turn. Try to resist the hip turn while continue to have your shoulder turn --> more powerful to uncoil and release the shot. BTW, I am not a pro. Wink

My flightmate took this for me using my iPhone. With the help of a free swing sequence capture software.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Can't comment on a practice swing. You should have taken footage of you actually hitting a ball. The behind view is also needed to check swing plane and club face.
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
how to see bigger the picture ? go see greg park ..... green fairways if u want his number pm me . he will teach u the best shot in golf draw ball

What about if the pin is on right side of green and need to fade.....haha
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:02 pm

yeah i know to but i prefer to draw i guess... i just prefer the ball flight
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 pm

i dun mind a ugly ball flight as long the ball ends up near the hole. Smile
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:58 pm

hahahaha i think i m the odd one out....

i prefer everything look nice nice...

swing, flt, pattern.....

coz if i can't play well, i can give excuse tht i got no form... whahahahaa
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:03 am

shotah wrote:
i dun mind a ugly ball flight as long the ball ends up near the hole. Smile

i prefer the ball to end up in the hole... hehe
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:13 am

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Cyp_PGA wrote:

What about if the pin is on right side of green and need to fade.....haha

I was told a lot of pros are now trying to play fades instead of draws. Any reason to that?
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:38 am

ghoonk wrote:

I was told a lot of pros are now trying to play fades instead of draws. Any reason to that?

For whatever it's worth, my coach says that fades allows him to better control the ball. I noticed that he seems to prefer to play a slight fade on his approach shots. I should note that he is not a PGA pro but does play in the China tour.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:42 am

I see. Guess maybe I should leave my swing alone for now. I can't hit a draw to save my life, and I'm not getting any closer to doing so, which was driving me up the wall....
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:54 am

My take is that it really doesn't matter whether you're playing a fade or draw, as long as it's controlled and consistent. There are of course circumstances whereby it might be better to hit a fade vs a draw or vice versa but in general, does it really matter?

If you're able to game the mg mb5003, I would assume that you are probably a pretty good ball striker. So, just enjoy the game! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 12:59 am

draw give more distance because its a top spin ....
fade is side spin

if u can have a consistend good ball flight then that alriight
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:01 am

then die la, I'm not consistent. Need to work on that... sigh...
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:08 am

If you have a natural fade shot, why fight it?... as long as there is nothing fundamentally wrong with your swing. Smile
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 1:10 am

one thing I plan to do on my next trip is to see a coach about working on consistency.
Back to top Go down
ironhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:48 am

i dun understand why so many crave to hit a draw, i will take a straight shot any day.

don be fooled by the draw spin too, if we are playing from a clean sheet of flat glass, yes.. top spins help. the undulations on the ground will easily negate any advantage of top spins. In my experience, a draw gives you a only few yards advantage to fades. tht's all.

at the end of the day, if u play fades naturally, dun fight it.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 8:50 am

There's no 'topspin' in a draw. If there is, ur ball will not take flight and will be running straight after impact.

Its just aerodynamics. U need backspin for the ball to fly. A draw just lessens it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing   Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi Pros, Please comment on my swing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next