Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please comment on my swing.

Go down 
+23
PinkPanther
asahi
weesern
4dtoto
Technospaz
slinger
watermyforrest
Khorkar
bomby
alvinlee
skybobo
jimmychoo
RegiT
and68low
Duval_S
nientsu
duffader
Ssquirrel
sandkie
ghoonk
S70B
shamusan
TigaWood
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Quote :
duffader wrote:
Cool... write things on the forum.. got free makan and drinks... guys, dun leave me out when the time comes hor. Smile

me too, me too..... I be gentle with the buns...
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Smile

@and68low - i do apologize if there's been a misunderstanding. From what it seemed, your post appeared to be rather nasty, and since you've clarified that that was not the intention, then I propose we shake on it and agree on the misunderstanding and move on.

@everyone else - those who have played golf with me once or many times in the past know that I'm constantly fiddling with my swing. I have time and time again mentioned that my obsession with tour equipment does not reflect on my skill level, which far less consistent than desired, and I've already said that it's just the hiao-ness of it. And you guys know very well that I am FAR from being anywhere even close to scratch. My official HCP is 10.7, and I've been struggling to hit my 2010 resolution to get to single handicap status by end of the year, which now seems to be out of my reach given recent swing changes that have introduced hooks into my game Sad

@duffader - bro, my distances seem to have dropped recently. On a good day, I can still reach 270 yds, but these days, 240 yards with roll seems to be pretty much a safe average. Where the 20 yards went, I don't know, but it's driving me nuts.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:26 pm

wah, HC 10.7....

mine only 12.5...

but i steady want, we can play level.... me luki a bit, nevermind
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:27 pm

No worries.. maybe when you play with me come november.. the roll will come back.. but irons, no roll better.. too much roll.. dangerous.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:27 pm

you luki meh? you got home course advantage leh! Wink

want to play away game? I play 1 away game in SG, you play 1 away game with my on my home course, and we find one neutral one kekekeek
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Quote :
ghoonk wrote:
Smile

@and68low - i do apologize if there's been a misunderstanding. From what it seemed, your post appeared to be rather nasty, and since you've clarified that that was not the intention, then I propose we shake on it and agree on the misunderstanding and move on.

@everyone else - those who have played golf with me once or many times in the past know that I'm constantly fiddling with my swing. I have time and time again mentioned that my obsession with tour equipment does not reflect on my skill level, which far less consistent than desired, and I've already said that it's just the hiao-ness of it. And you guys know very well that I am FAR from being anywhere even close to scratch. My official HCP is 10.7, and I've been struggling to hit my 2010 resolution to get to single handicap status by end of the year, which now seems to be out of my reach given recent swing changes that have introduced hooks into my game Sad

@duffader - bro, my distances seem to have dropped recently. On a good day, I can still reach 270 yds, but these days, 240 yards with roll seems to be pretty much a safe average. Where the 20 yards went, I don't know, but it's driving me nuts.

Its moment like this, that bring tears to my eyes....so touching !!!!!!!!! Macam kodak moment.....(PS : sorry for being emotional...I am a SNAG)

hahahah....count down begins.......!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:31 pm

duffader wrote:
No worries.. maybe when you play with me come november.. the roll will come back.. but irons, no roll better.. too much roll.. dangerous.

Singapore how to roll? Fairways and greens are soft like pandan cake, land liao dun kena plug tao chio liao Very Happy

my drives are not as long as slinger and alvin's, and i'm sure there are other monsters lurking around
my iron play is not as accurate as seebayho's, and our distances are pretty much similar
my putting... haiz....

@slinger, bro, SGA use which method of calculating HCP? I think the UGA uses some funny format, cos they don't go by score vs stroke index of each hole, they just go for final score vs slope index.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
ghoonk wrote:
Smile

Its moment like this, that bring tears to my eyes....so touching !!!!!!!!! Macam kodak moment.....(PS : sorry for being emotional...I am a SNAG)

Duval, I also looking forward to play with you. I want to witness your short game power.
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:32 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
ghoonk wrote:
Smile

how many more days ah? i need a preview round with you leh! I have been hearing about your super awesome short game, need some tips from you before the saddam game!
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:39 pm

ghoonk wrote:
duffader wrote:

Singapore how to roll? Fairways and greens are soft like pandan cake, land liao dun kena plug tao chio liao Very Happy

my drives are not as long as slinger and alvin's, and i'm sure there are other monsters lurking around
my iron play is not as accurate as seebayho's, and our distances are pretty much similar
my putting... haiz....

@slinger, bro, SGA use which method of calculating HCP? I think the UGA uses some funny format, cos they don't go by score vs stroke index of each hole, they just go for final score vs slope index.

i dunno want lah.....only know how to play golf....

dun play my home course lor.... can try mbgc, rcc, sicc etc

how i wish i can go play your home course... but sad story lah, no visa
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:41 pm

got Visa la. Mastercard also can Wink

may need some driving advice from you (seriously), you up for pre-saddam round at MBGC?
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:44 pm

wah... can i get in on the action... i want to play with ghook too...

i don't care abt your swing... sorry ya... i only wanna see whats in your bag...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:45 pm

ghoonk wrote:
got Visa la. Mastercard also can Wink

may need some driving advice from you (seriously), you up for pre-saddam round at MBGC?

me me me... i cannot give driving advice... but i'm free for the game, does that count?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:46 pm

i tot we playing oreadi... wat date is that?

btw, s70b also playing, better ask him for advise...

later he angry with me.... this guy bit sensitive as he got many fans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:49 pm

we playing 9th nov....

your saddam game on the 13th nov...

i hope u not asking me what i think u are asking me....hahahaha
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:52 pm

hmmm, what is he asking you?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:56 pm

ask ghoonk lah....

y ask me.... i think only mah

wait sala, bit paiseh....
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
shamusan

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:58 pm

aiyah... you're not shy, also no shame one... paiseh meh??
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Quote :
slinger wrote:

later he angry with me.... this guy bit sensitive as he got many fans Very Happy

HAHAHAHAH ROFL ROFL ROFL

u damm funny
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:17 pm

Oops, I missed so many pages of this tread.
Ghoonks, Just to let let you know I do appreciate your tips, post and contribution to this forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:20 pm

SBH, I like your swing. Looks smooth (i.e. not forced/excessive) and doesn't look like you're straining yourself in the process.
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:25 pm

alvinlee wrote:
peace to all.. Very Happy

i didnt realise that you have (i think) a swing similar to RSS. In the sense your left knee doesnt move to the right.

did i just confuse all??

so is my swing similar or not similar to RSS? i'm scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:30 pm

slinger wrote:

Simi advice?

The oni fans I have are in my office - 1 big one on top and 1 on the tail.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:38 pm

waulau.. so many fans...
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 2:40 pm

slinger wrote:
wah, HC 10.7....

mine only 12.5...

but i steady want, we can play level.... me luki a bit, nevermind

Ahem... I am a 40 handicappers, so it's 13-13 ah? Even then I still rugi a bit... But I am ok with that...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please comment on my swing.    Please comment on my swing.  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please comment on my swing.
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next