Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.

Go down 
+6
Technospaz
Lamts18
jurongtiger
Ssquirrel
TeD
jtek
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:53 pm

I think there's some truth in the statement that Asian spec shafts are more flexi than US spec shafts. So, they are possibly more whippy.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:58 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I think there's some truth in the statement that Asian spec shafts are more flexi than US spec shafts. So, they are possibly more whippy.

yes, this is true.. Asian spec plays more whippy and lighter than US specs.. our build is smaller hence the difference.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:00 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

yes, this is true.. Asian spec plays more whippy and lighter than US specs.. our build is smaller hence the difference.

Thanks, Mr. Lam, for confirming this.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:02 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Bro, pls don't me Mr Lam.... just Lam will suffice.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 pm

if i m not wrong compare US regular n Asian Regular, the US is more stiff... in fact US regular is almost = Asian stiff...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:06 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Anything you say, Mr. Lam... oops, I mean Lam.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Anything you say, Mr. Lam... oops, I mean Lam.

Very Happy Beer
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Thanks guys for clearing my air on the sales guys!
By I Q, why us sets are cheaper then asia sets?
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 3:35 pm

Guys,
beside the stiffness of the shaft, any other diff between US Spec and Asia Specs ? How about the shaft length and grip size ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:29 pm

To my understand, shaft length the same, grip is corded, difference form the asia specs, grip size I have no idea, anyone can enlight us?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:32 pm

The grip sizes is usually smaller.. that what i experienced and length is also shorter by half inch.
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:37 pm

Asia Specs grip size smaller, length shorter,
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:26 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
was last quoted $1400 +/- for 4-SW at TM Cathay .... you have kang tao ? Very Happy
Bro, just now I went to the TM shop at Bishan Driving range; the 09 Burners (US set) graphites $1199, the steel (they said coming next Friday $999), I asked if they have left hand sets, they say no??? I was going to ask them if we buy 2 sets (1 left and 1 right got discount boh.. but the sales lady say no leftie set?? No )????
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 pm

I last saw them at Taylor Made Cathay.. i will call them tomorrow morning and check... so you made up your mind to buy it ? cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
I last saw them at Taylor Made Cathay.. i will call them tomorrow morning and check... so you made up your mind to buy it ? cheers cheers
VERY ITCHY!!!!!(you know that feeling/excuse you'll play better with new toys!!) cyclops
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 10:44 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
VERY ITCHY!!!!!(you know that feeling/excuse you'll play better with new toys!!) cyclops

Yes i understand ... you've been holding up quite long aly.... time to make a move... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TeD
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 11:43 pm

Maybe can try isetan, last weekend they going for the same price 1199 for 09 burner us specs before 10% HSBC 10% IPC
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:58 am

Technospaz wrote:
jtek wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

Then. ma tu liao... seriously, if your game is there , then the Tour Burners may be just what you need...

Seriously... the only problem is that my game is not there yet for Tour Series!!! ha ha ha Laughing

But the price is really so attractive leh!!!

This is something which I'm learning: Don't buy clubs to suit your price. Buy clubs to suit your game.

Yes Sir!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
was last quoted $1400 +/- for 4-SW at TM Cathay .... you have kang tao ? Very Happy
Bro, just now I went to the TM shop at Bishan Driving range; the 09 Burners (US set) graphites $1199, the steel (they said coming next Friday $999), I asked if they have left hand sets, they say no??? I was going to ask them if we buy 2 sets (1 left and 1 right got discount boh.. but the sales lady say no leftie set?? No )????

Bro SS, Just called up TM S'pore... Burner 09 irons US specs in stock at $999 steel and asian specs $1299. no discount if we buy 2 sets but they can throw in many freebies.. i will drop by this evening to look see look see.. quite keen on this GI set.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:30 pm

Lamts18 wrote:

Bro SS, Just called up TM S'pore... Burner 09 irons US specs in stock at $999 steel and asian specs $1299. no discount if we buy 2 sets but they can throw in many freebies.. i will drop by this evening to look see look see.. quite keen on this GI set.. Very Happy
You tell them isetan got 10%+ rebates leh.. hahahaa...I wonder if I should just get the burner plus which is lagi GI... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:34 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:

You tell them isetan got 10%+ rebates leh.. hahahaa...I wonder if I should just get the burner plus which is lagi GI... Very Happy

Ok... noted.... bbbbuuttt seriously, the burner plus not for you la.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:37 pm

I thought someone like SS would be playing VR Forged?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Some of the PGA Tour players is playing GI irons like the Mizzy MX200.. SS is no exception..
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
Some of the PGA Tour players is playing GI irons like the Mizzy MX200.. SS is no exception..
Aiyo.. how can use my nick and PGA Tour in the same sentence; unless it's to show contrast..

Anyhows.. golf is a game of contradictions; you hit down to get the ball up; setup left to hit right...
Then golfers want to play big size forgiving drivers, but small size blade irons???

Old man liao, eyesight poor.. the even those burner plus irons are starting to look small... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Lamts18 wrote:
Aiyo.. how can use my nick and PGA Tour in the same sentence; unless it's to show contrast..

Anyhows.. golf is a game of contradictions; you hit down to get the ball up; setup left to hit right...
Then golfers want to play big size forgiving drivers, but small size blade irons???

Old man liao, eyesight poor.. the even those burner plus irons are starting to look small... Very Happy

ROFL Beer me too, me too....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.   Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons. - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wats the Diff Between Burner & Burner Plus Irons.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next