Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Taylormade Burner 09 Irons

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Taylormade Burner 09 Irons Empty
PostSubject: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:05 pm

Hi guys.. i would want to know more about taylormade 09 burner irons.. as far as i know that there is a US spec for this, but does this one also comes with jap spec as well.. i know that if both is graphite , US de is stiffer than jap.. but does this applies to Steel Shaft?..

on the website it states, that it comes with Burner 85 grammes steel shaft.. but those in singapore pro shop.. is it NS pro 950gh ???..

And most importantly. How much it cost.. maybe a rough estimate?.steel shaft... If im not wrong ,, these irons should be below $1k?.. ( nowadays irons arent that expensive as compared to previously my R7 which was 1380 with free wood) ...

thanks..Smile Very Happy Taylormade
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 4:05 am

Yes, the burner 09 irons come in both US and Japan specs.
Cost-wise, US set is cheaper, I think the US steel set is around $999 while the Jap steel set is around $1.2k?

I was looking at these a couple of months back. The main thing that was drawing me towards the Japan spec set is that the lie angle is about 1-2* flatter which I felt was more suitable for me.

Flex wise.. I think with most brands, the general concensus is that Japanese set flex is slightly softer than US spec. But with all these mass produced sets, I think a lot depends on luck

Last time I checked, a lot of the stores did not have the US spec in stock (maybe lower profit margins??hahaha) I don't know...

I tried the clubs and found them nice and forgiving to hit.
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 7:42 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
Yes, the burner 09 irons come in both US and Japan specs.
Cost-wise, US set is cheaper, I think the US steel set is around $999 while the Jap steel set is around $1.2k?

I was looking at these a couple of months back. The main thing that was drawing me towards the Japan spec set is that the lie angle is about 1-2* flatter which I felt was more suitable for me.

Flex wise.. I think with most brands, the general concensus is that Japanese set flex is slightly softer than US spec. But with all these mass produced sets, I think a lot depends on luck

Last time I checked, a lot of the stores did not have the US spec in stock (maybe lower profit margins??hahaha) I don't know...

I tried the clubs and found them nice and forgiving to hit.

wow. great answer!. haha.. exactly wad i wanted haha..

jus a few more questions Very Happy

1)those US spec selling in singapore.. wad kind of shaft is shafted? is it the burner 85grame. , NS pro, or some other thing?

2)i read that some of them said that the US spec the has a strong loft. wad does it mean by strong loft( sorry noob in golf haha. only know how to whack ball only... Very Happy)?

yea and i also remember that the burner 09 is below 1k . coz nowadays taylormade set is pretty below 1k.. unlike my R7 which is so freaking expensive. haha..

do try to answer my doubts if u can , haha..Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:00 am

sebastian, I believe the US spec 09 burners are with the burner 85gm shaft, whereas the NSPro is for the Japanese spec'd .

Both Japanese and US have strong lofts. The 7i for both US and Jap spec is 31*.
What this means is... the loft is comparitively stronger compared to more "traditional" sets. e.g. my Bridgestones J33 7i is 36* while my 6i is 32*.

So if you compare, the Burner 7i is my Bridgestone 6i (actually it's 1 degree stronger! hahaha). What that means is.. if you hit your 7i as far as I hit my 6i, it does not necessarily mean that the burner gives you more distance per se.. but it could be that the burner 7i is other ppl's 6i! hahaha
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:05 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
sebastian, I believe the US spec 09 burners are with the burner 85gm shaft, whereas the NSPro is for the Japanese spec'd .

Both Japanese and US have strong lofts. The 7i for both US and Jap spec is 31*.
What this means is... the loft is comparitively stronger compared to more "traditional" sets. e.g. my Bridgestones J33 7i is 36* while my 6i is 32*.

So if you compare, the Burner 7i is my Bridgestone 6i (actually it's 1 degree stronger! hahaha). What that means is.. if you hit your 7i as far as I hit my 6i, it does not necessarily mean that the burner gives you more distance per se.. but it could be that the burner 7i is other ppl's 6i! hahaha

oh so that means that u can hit the ball further lo?. haha..

can u recall where u see it below 1k?. haha. quite interested. coz now using graphite.Sad..
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:08 am

the US set I saw at $999 was quite a while back at Far East SC. But after that I only saw the Jap spec'd ones and no more US spec'd ones. Have you tried them at the range yet? I tried the Jap spec'd ones at Bishan driving range; there's a TM store there..
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:16 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
the US set I saw at $999 was quite a while back at Far East SC. But after that I only saw the Jap spec'd ones and no more US spec'd ones. Have you tried them at the range yet? I tried the Jap spec'd ones at Bishan driving range; there's a TM store there..

o.O.. haha thanks ...

so stronger loft means can hit further??
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:51 am

stronger lofts.... usually means.. although the club says 7i; it's actually a 6i.
So ask yourself if you hit a 6i or 7i further?

BUT...actually there is more to that; the other side of the "story" is:
The technology behind the design of the clubs; that by design/materials, the CG of the club has been moved lower and further back, allowing the ball to fly higher. So while your 7i has the loft of a traditional 6i, it flies much higher than a traditional 6i, flying to a traditional 7i height; and so it is not just the strong lofts that help further distance.

Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you. But as you know.. in general, it's harder to hit your longer irons than your shorter irons. hahaha..

So best advise... go test if possible.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 8:54 am

Ssquirrel wrote:
stronger lofts.... usually means.. although the club says 7i; it's actually a 6i.
So ask yourself if you hit a 6i or 7i further?

BUT...actually there is more to that; the other side of the "story" is:
The technology behind the design of the clubs; that by design/materials, the CG of the club has been moved lower and further back, allowing the ball to fly higher. So while your 7i has the loft of a traditional 6i, it flies much higher than a traditional 6i, flying to a traditional 7i height; and so it is not just the strong lofts that help further distance.

Whether or not you choose to believe it is up to you. But as you know.. in general, it's harder to hit your longer irons than your shorter irons. hahaha..

So best advise... go test if possible.. Very Happy

o.O.. thanks..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylormade Burner 09 Irons   Taylormade Burner 09 Irons I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylormade Burner 09 Irons
Page 1 of 1