Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90

Go down 
+4
ChrisD
mizzy
eiji
TigaWood
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 Empty
PostSubject: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:27 pm

All along I was told lighter shaft club are better.
But today I played with a DG R400 and seem to hit longer and straighter than the lighter shaft.
How come ah?
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:46 pm

Same club with same loft? If it was a different club, it might have a stronger loft for the same iron.

just my thoughts. but if its the same and u are gaining distance, what you waiting for, CHANGE SHAFT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:52 pm

In fact the club is with a weaker loft, old traditional blade loft at 48Deg. PW
But how can a heavier club give better distance?
I over shot a few shots today, which is rare!
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:58 pm

i just found that out moving to a slightly heavier shaft.. which is strange.
a heavier shaft will reduce swing speed.. the idea of a heavier shaft is to make the swing smoother for those with faster swings.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:01 am

:-9 only seebayho players can do that....
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 1:19 am

one specific physics equation just popped out when i see TS comment :

Newton's Second Law => Force = Mass x Acceleration !
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:57 am

renode wrote:
one specific physics equation just popped out when i see TS comment :

Newton's Second Law => Force = Mass x Acceleration !

So if acceleration is constant, mass increased = distant increased, right?
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
renode

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 am

Acceleration should be swing speed, then if it's constant meaning no change in swing, the impact force should be higher..

But I'm guessing that we all have a certain strength threshold, so up till a certain weight we still can retain control, beyond that we would be swinging wildly
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:20 am

I think one tends to manipulate the club more when it is too light, resulting in using more wrist than arms actions... which translates to shorter and wider dispersion.

On the other hand, if the club is too heavy, acceleration on the downswing may lose momentum as the weight of the club take over control of your arms rather than arms controlling the club. This usually results in poor contact and one tires easily before the end of the game.

For me, ideally would be something that will allows me to swing smoothly with minimal effort... capitalizing on the weight of heavier shafts to accelerate during the downswing but not loosing the momentum of the swing to the weight of the club.

I know if the weight is suitable not by reading off the specification of the shafts... but by swinging the club. A rule of thumb for myself:

If I can feel the head of the club, hanging at the end of the shaft - The shaft is too light
If I can feel the shaft but not the head - The shaft is too heavy
Ideally is to be able to feel the whole club (Head + Shaft) as an extended part of my arm when I do a full swing... that pretty much gives me an indication that it is a right combination for myself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:23 am

alvin7379 wrote:
I think one tends to manipulate the club more when it is too light, resulting in using more wrist than arms actions... which translates to shorter and wider dispersion.

On the other hand, if the club is too heavy, acceleration on the downswing may lose momentum as the weight of the club take over control of your arms rather than arms controlling the club. This usually results in poor contact and one tires easily before the end of the game.

For me, ideally would be something that will allows me to swing smoothly with minimal effort... capitalizing on the weight of heavier shafts to accelerate during the downswing but not loosing the momentum of the swing to the weight of the club.

I know if the weight is suitable not by reading off the specification of the shafts... but by swinging the club. A rule of thumb for myself:

If I can feel the head of the club, hanging at the end of the shaft - The shaft is too light
Ideally is to be able to feel the whole club (Head + Shaft) as an extended part of my arm when I do a full swing... that pretty much gives me an indication that it is a right combination for myself.

Shocked in awe
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:23 am

Ideally is to be able to feel the whole club (Head + Shaft) as an extended part of my arm when I do a full swing

wow.... Alvin sounds like sword and human being one....
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:26 am

ChrisD wrote:
Ideally is to be able to feel the whole club (Head + Shaft) as an extended part of my arm when I do a full swing

Haha... something like that.... did I also mention to sleep with your clubs?
lol!
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:28 am

ChrisD wrote:

Haha... something like that.... did I also mention to sleep with your clubs?

so u found your Tu Long Blade or Heavenly Cavity??
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:37 am

No... but I did come across quite a number of 小龙女! What a Face
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
wilkang

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:41 am

hahaha...chrisd..Heavenly cavity!!!
Good one!! ROFL
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:43 am

alvin7379 wrote:

Respect......me not worthy.
How bout a theory on the Little Dragon Girl as well?
lol!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:44 am

Give him a PRC caddy and it won't matter what clubs he is holding in his hand, he is just thinking about the after game "interaction"
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
alvin7379

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 9:49 am

wilkang wrote:
hahaha...chrisd..Heavenly cavity!!!
Good one!! ROFL

bro... why you so happy???

your version of cavity is different from ChriD's version u know....
tongue
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
ChrisD

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:32 pm

How u know what kind of cavity am I talking about.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90   What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the diff between DG R400 and KBS tour 90
Page 1 of 1