Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views

Go down 
+17
Vinny
billi
S70B
Yarra
eiji
asahi
pushslice
alvin7379
TigaWood
riverdeity
Birdman
Moonfruit
TheFocalPoint
tanjongtiger
Cyp_PGA
Duval_S
hillgreen
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:54 pm

hello, then cleveland:??

cenbale wrote:
hillgreen wrote:
Yo... Funny, one of my friend said that his old Rac wedge is still the best..
Same as what u said..

Yarra wrote:
I'd go for the old TM's rac anyday than the Vokey's. A matter of preference and just because I was so used to the TMs, though. But I do find that the spins are more or less the same...

Taylormade
:
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Today I tried the Vokey, I like the head weight and the bite.
Quite impressive.
Now I am using the Ikasu, Yes it is sweet and they really spin
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Quote :
seebayho wrote:
Quite impressive.

I think, for the same vokey used by bro SBH will be way better than the same vokey if its used by me.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Quote :
seebayho wrote:
Quite impressive.

I think, for the same vokey used by bro SBH will be way better than the same vokey if its used by me.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
asahi

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 10:55 am

Bro, you are just being humble.

Btw, you gamed yr vokey wedge yet?
Any SB reviews? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:24 am

Quote :
asahi wrote:

Actually tried out earlier at MBGC...solely becos I wasn't very sure how many good shots the vokey I gotten had left. total...option A...think its around 50-60 balls

Tried it out with my clevage T588....so here is my SB review:

Feel: Vokey 's feel is macam less feel as compared to my clevage T588. Not sure why as I originally tot the vokey would have more feel as in feedback.

Flight: I really like the flight...personally I prefer lower flight and the vokey gives me that. Maybe becos its slightly heavier head.....not sure...but with lower flight...I feel I can aim better...

Ball behavior: This is where its get really weird......the vokey really 'bite' (sorry if I use the term typically reserve for pro golfer)...but it does not roll so much as my clevage.

So...whats next: Definitely with the vokey in the bag...it gives me abit more option as to how I can approach green....specifically for red flag which I typically had some challenges (as in the last one was at Poresia 's short par 4).

Investment: Worth it......shoudl help me to maintain my card in the SB community.

Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:43 am

Mr SBH, can share what if the main diff bet vokey n ikasu then ?
Trust yr impartial view..

Tks..

seebayho wrote:
Quite impressive.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:52 am

yes, I agreed that the bite is good and soft.. Most impt the ball really roll much lesser.. Was really surprised..

After knowing from bro here that the TM Rac wedge is good, I got one new one n tried it. The Rac is also spin milled n my feel is that the bite is close to the vokey (I still rate vokey better in this area) but it really lose out the soft feel and somehow the ball do not stop on the green better. Must say the Rac is quite close to vokey - oh yes, the overall weight balance of the vokey is also quite commendable..

Well, one man's meat is another poison..

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
asahi wrote:

Actually tried out earlier at MBGC...solely becos I wasn't very sure how many good shots the vokey I gotten had left. total...option A...think its around 50-60 balls

Tried it out with my clevage T588....so here is my SB review:

Feel: Vokey 's feel is macam less feel as compared to my clevage T588. Not sure why as I originally tot the vokey would have more feel as in feedback.

Flight: I really like the flight...personally I prefer lower flight and the vokey gives me that. Maybe becos its slightly heavier head.....not sure...but with lower flight...I feel I can aim better...

Ball behavior: This is where its get really weird......the vokey really 'bite' (sorry if I use the term typically reserve for pro golfer)...but it does not roll so much as my clevage.

So...whats next: Definitely with the vokey in the bag...it gives me abit more option as to how I can approach green....specifically for red flag which I typically had some challenges (as in the last one was at Poresia 's short par 4).

Investment: Worth it......shoudl help me to maintain my card in the SB community.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views   Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges -  pls share your views - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist Vokey wedge Vs other wedges - pls share your views
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3