Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist Vokey Wedges

Go down 
+16
kowi9088
ultraman
jaketang
porkycurry
freedrop
Uncle Lau
clarencekim
4dtoto
Lamts18
S70B
DGman
Elbry
X-Man
Khorkar
GolfMania
Technospaz
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

Titleist Vokey Wedges Empty
PostSubject: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 2:19 pm

Folks,

Where's the best place to pick up Titlesit Vokey wedges? I've not seen them on discount but then again, I've not been looking too hard in the past. They typically run for about $200. Is that about right?

TIA,
T'spaz
Back to top Go down
GolfMania
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
GolfMania

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:50 pm

You may wanna try your luck at Lukewa Wink
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:54 pm

GolfMania wrote:
You may wanna try your luck at Lukewa Wink

Got that tip already, but thanks for replying nonetheless. Muchos gracias Smile
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Khorkar

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:21 pm

Well you can always check with bro Eric if he has any spares in his office... Smile
Back to top Go down
X-Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
X-Man

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:46 am

Last I heard, if you buy 3 wedges from LukeWa it will be 130++ per piece... So you could get a 52*, 56* and 60*

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:48 am

X-Man wrote:
Last I heard, if you buy 3 wedges from LukeWa it will be 130++ per piece... So you could get a 52*, 56* and 60*

Cheers

Thanks, X-Man!
Back to top Go down
Elbry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Elbry

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:16 am

Hi Technospaz, borrow your thread abit, would like to find out how Titleist Vokey wedges perform compare to Nike and Mizuno wedges?

Currently looking for a 52* but don't know which one to buy.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:22 am

recently i have seen some fakes in the market. if you want to be sure, bring them in for checks.

round your finger round the edges at the leading edge of the sole and at the cross grove at the hosel, if it feels sharp, then you have to be careful.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:46 pm

I have seen the fakes. The con job artists are getting better day by day.

Cheapest is not always the best.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:53 pm

I seen some when i was in Xiamen golf shops... "They" are really good.. My friend bought SC for S$20/- and he putts well with it the next day.... so its the puttee and less the putter... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:58 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
I seen some when i was in Xiamen golf shops... "They" are really good.. My friend bought SC for S$20/- and he putts well with it the next day.... so its the puttee and less the putter... Very Happy

I saw one too at OCC where one of the toonsters brought it to Ivan. It was an SC Studio Select NP2.

The sole is very similar. However, the matt finish and the shape from address is the giveaway. Grip is fortunately very fake looking.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 1:14 pm

yes.. looks very similar.. plus the milled face looks very "chiong" too but or the price of S$20/- cannot complain... that price only buys me half box of Titleist NXTs..
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Hahahaha...sound very familiar...FAKE...!!
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:40 pm

I heard from some good amateur players in the US that Eidolon wedges are good also.

Can buy at Bob's Golf@Rangoon Road (Mr Phua) in Singapore.

www.eidolongolf.com

Me bought my two Titleist Vokey wedges (54 & 59 chrome finishes) 2nd hand at Creative Golf (Aya Kretar, Chinatwon).

Have two Mizunos (51 & 56, raw finishes) but dun really like them as cannot control backspin like Vokey wedges.

CK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:50 pm

clarencekim wrote:
I heard from some good amateur players in the US that Eidolon wedges are good also.

Can buy at Bob's Golf@Rangoon Road (Mr Phua) in Singapore.

www.eidolongolf.com

Me bought my two Titleist Vokey wedges (54 & 59 chrome finishes) 2nd hand at Creative Golf (Aya Kretar, Chinatwon).

Have two Mizunos (51 & 56, raw finishes) but dun really like them as cannot control backspin like Vokey wedges.

CK

I've been told to be careful with 2nd hand wedges as the grooves may have worn out. Just a FYI.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 5:23 pm

I've been told to be careful with 2nd hand wedges as the grooves may have worn out. Just a FYI.

Yeah, that could be the problem I had with the Mizuno wedges--that and my inconsistent wedge play in general.

pale

I just feel more confident seeing the gleaming, shiny chrome of the Vokeys.

Very Happy

CK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:18 pm

I was at Creative today and stumbled upon a brand new (it looks unused) Callaway X-Forged 60˚ (9) wedge. Picked it up. Gorgeous. I hope this baby performs Smile
Back to top Go down
Uncle Lau
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:23 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I was at Creative today and stumbled upon a brand new (it looks unused) Callaway X-Forged 60˚ (9) wedge. Picked it up. Gorgeous. I hope this baby performs Smile

Bro if you sre unhappy with it, i be willing to get from you !

Swing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:43 pm

Uncle Lau wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Swing

Sure, UL. I'll take it for a test run this week (if I can find time to pop by MBGC) and will let you know Smile
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 11:54 am

I bought a lot of my current golf clubs from Joe--pleasant, informative & funny guy.

Sometimes, there are great bargains there as some ex-pats and locals who are relocated overseas for work want to get rid of their (usually fairly new) golf equipment quickly.

If I ever have any extra cash, I will purchase some of the second-hand replica vintage clubs there and see how well I can play using 'yesterday's technology'.

CK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:24 pm

clarencekim wrote:
I bought a lot of my current golf clubs from Joe--pleasant, informative & funny guy.

Sometimes, there are great bargains there as some ex-pats and locals who are relocated overseas for work want to get rid of their (usually fairly new) golf equipment quickly.

If I ever have any extra cash, I will purchase some of the second-hand replica vintage clubs there and see how well I can play using 'yesterday's technology'.

CK

I also like seeing the oldbie clubs, esp wooden fairway woods. Very interesting. I actually have a 3W at home. I'll take it out one day to see if I can hit it.
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Folks,

Where's the best place to pick up Titlesit Vokey wedges? I've not seen them on discount but then again, I've not been looking too hard in the past. They typically run for about $200. Is that about right?

TIA,
T'spaz

I chanced upon my Vokey wedge at Creative, and paid half price for a 56 Degree, brand new. Must be from someone who won it in lucky draw and got rid of it cheap.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:37 pm

freedrop wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Folks,

TIA,
T'spaz

I chanced upon my Vokey wedge at Creative, and paid half price for a 56 Degree, brand new. Must be from someone who won it in lucky draw and got rid of it cheap.

Similar story for the Callaway X-Forged 60˚ which I just picked up from Joe. Awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 pm

Bob's Golf (Rangoon Road) also has some good used sets.

In fact, he must have over 100 different types of brand new golf grips on display--in all colours, types and textures.

I will probably get him to put larger, new Golf Pride grips on my SC NP1.5 Proto and Ping Anser 2.5.

Altho, BFG's leather putter gripes sounds enticing also.

CK
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 9:48 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Uncle Lau wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Swing

Sure, UL. I'll take it for a test run this week (if I can find time to pop by MBGC) and will let you know Smile

UL, I tried out the wedge today and love it. Sorry, it'll be staying in my bag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges   Titleist Vokey Wedges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist Vokey Wedges
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next