Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chrislzh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges Empty
PostSubject: Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges   Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:46 am

Hi, Any bros can give an insights and views on the Scratch wedges vs the titleist Vokey which I am using now.

Worth the switch>?
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges   Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Scratch wedges are very good, as are the Vokeys. I have used both. For me it comes down to how the wedge looks/sets up, what grind do I need, does the bounce fit me, and are the lofts/lie angles correct.

As far as Scratch wedges are concerned they are great. They offer a wide variety of grinds, lofts, and bounce angles. They have forged and cast offerings and I believe that they do offer a conforming version now.

Vokeys are a popular choice among golfers and tour players. There are even some Japan only forged versions that are amazing. They too offer a wide variety of bounce, loft, and grind options.

Both wedges perform quite nicely. As far as them being worth the switch? It really depends on if they will improve your wedge game. If so then yes they will. I could not answer that for you. But I can tell you they are very good wedges.

I think Vokey offers a custom option now, like Scratch does. One of the draws of Scratch was the ability to get a "tour" quality wedge for a price (meaning stamps, grinds, etc.) Now I am pretty sure that Vokey has opened his Wedgeworks thing online and that is essential what Scratch was doing. Now you can do that with the Vokes.

One thing to note is that the Vokeys are cast (aside from the Japan versions) and most of the Scratch wedges are forged. They do have a cast version though as well and is less expensive.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
chrislzh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges   Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Scratch has a lot of grind which should I choose?
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
DRGjr72

PostSubject: Re: Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges   Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 3:49 pm

Go through this and they will tell you the grind that best fits your swing characteristics.

http://scratchgolf.com/get-fit.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges   Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scratch wedges vs Titleist Vokey wedges
Page 1 of 1