Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts Empty
PostSubject: Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts   Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:37 pm

Hope to get opinions from those who uses wedge often.

I have vokey 52, 56 & 60. Reshafted 52 with KBS Wedge Shaft and is loving it. Good feel and able to stop the ball with short bouce (althought cant backspin yet No )

The questions is: Does anyone recommend 56 and 60 to be fitted with KBS Shafts too? Since 56 & 60 hardly need full swing, will the stock shaft be good enough? Will it be overdoing it to reshaft 56 & 60 too?
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts   Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 8:57 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
Hope to get opinions from those who uses wedge often.

I have vokey 52, 56 & 60. Reshafted 52 with KBS Wedge Shaft and is loving it. Good feel and able to stop the ball with short bouce (althought cant backspin yet No )

The questions is: Does anyone recommend 56 and 60 to be fitted with KBS Shafts too? Since 56 & 60 hardly need full swing, will the stock shaft be good enough? Will it be overdoing it to reshaft 56 & 60 too?

Hi Meng Teck,

Thanks for posting.

The shaft that comes stock in our Vokey Wedges is Dynamic Gold S300 or S200, we label it as wedge however for simplicity. These are the same shafts that are used by amateurs and professionals all around the world including about 70% of the field in a PGA Tour Event each week, they are very good and so the only reason you might want to change might be for subtle feel differences. There is no vast performance difference between KBS and DG (both are good product)thats going to enable you to spin the ball more, that has to come from you as a player with your technique and of course a urethane covered tour ball such as ProV1. We hope that helps and make its clear in case you had doubts on the quality of your wedge shafts.

Thanks for supporting Vokey, the #1 wedge in golf.

Titleist, Singapore
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts   Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 9:33 pm

thanks for the enlightenment :p
Back to top Go down
ltajedi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts   Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi,

Will you recoomend customising a Vokey wedge with a NS Pro shaft though? Or will this throw the swing weight and effectiveness of the club off completely?

I had previously customised a 60 degree SM with a NSPro950 shaft. Tks
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts   Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 pm

No Way is NS Pro Shaft better then wither KBS or DG. Stick to stock shaft better
Back to top Go down
ltajedi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts   Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:37 pm

my problem lies with the weight of the shaft rather than the flex/kickpoint etc. hence, the reason why I had decided to custom fit it with a NS Pro. likewise for my irons. using the NSPro instead of a project shaft or DS cause of the weight. Just can't carry the club.

but noted on ur point for the DS or KBS for wedges. or are u referring to in general for all clubs?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts   Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Titleist Vokey Wedges with KBS Shafts
Page 1 of 1