Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges

Go down 
+5
mUAr_cHEe
sebastianlim
4dtoto
joe
S70B
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges Empty
PostSubject: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:40 pm

Browsing around today. Saw them in the rack.

Same price as the 2009 SM ones.

Figured what the heck, gotta try them and see if they are any different.

Here are the close up pics. I have the 2009 versions in the same configuration: 52.08 and 58.08 with the sole grind. Will test out both versions to see if there really is any difference especially from the rough.

The good thing about this CC version is that it now comes with DG S300 shafts instead of that 'wedge' flex. Much closer to what I'm used to.

The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges VokeyCCback

The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges VokeyCCface

The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges VokeyCCface2

The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges VokeyCCface3

The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges VokeyCCshaft
Back to top Go down
joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joe

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:46 pm

sweet, how much are these worth?

and that's a bl**dy good camera.....
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:48 pm

They are USD$109.99, Pretty std price all ard US.

Its just a normal Casio EX-FC100 thats all. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joe

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:57 pm

are these on our shores yet?

alamak, its time to upgrade my cam, tried to take some close up pics for my golf items to put on sale and they look big time crap...
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:00 pm

I remember Rick of Titleist mentioning its a custom order basis.

WRT taking photos, its all in the hands bro.... Wink Laughing
Back to top Go down
joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
joe

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 2:08 pm

yeah probably.. issue lies in the indian, not the arrow... use the same theory on my golf rather than keep spending on equipment... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Here are the close up pics. I have the 2009 versions in the same configuration: 52.08 and 58.08 with the sole grind.

Bro S70B, what do you mean by "Sole Grind" ? You grind them or they are already grind when bought? Does it affect teh bounce and swing weight ?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Apologies if I wasn't clear.

What I meant is that the sole grind on the new CC wedge for the 58.08 is the same as the 2009 model. Nothing done by me.

Its not exactly an 'M' grind cos I put them side by side before but according to the Titleist website, its a 'Sculpted Trailing Edge' grind.

Here are the photos:

2009:
The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges VokeySMsole

2010CC:
The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges VokeyCCsole
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:43 pm

Wow Chim leh ( 'Sculpted Trailing Edge' grind) ...both look the same to me except the 2010 wordings look better... Nice piece..
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:45 pm

Yep. Exactly the same except for the supposed grooves.

I have been staring closely at both wedges and really, I can't tell the diff in groove size, volume and depth with the naked eye.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:51 pm

mmm...different terminology to increase sales of the wedges..hehehe
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:54 pm

I dun think so. These are supposed to 'conform' with the new groove rule.

I'm just itchy backside and decided to get them to see if there is really any diff in the shots out of the rough. Laughing

I need my spin. Not too much but enuff to make the game easier. Wink
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:56 pm

oh.. chip and spin the ball back into the hole.
Back to top Go down
sebastianlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 5:55 pm

heh, thanks with the pictures. took me a while and realise there isnt much difference, except for slight difference between the sole of the 2 pieces.

erm just to check..

this C.C wedge, is it the 2010's vokey wedge? is it suppose to take over the old 09 wedges?..

thanks..
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:46 pm

nb. guam dun have. i just come back from golf shop.

also only got mizuno R series wedges...
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Cyp_PGA

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:52 pm

for guys who arent in tour or trying to turn isnt neccesary to buy this stuff there got less spin. i order from vinc golf with project x 6.0. for 52.08,56.07,and 60.08 . i want try q school
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:11 am

MC, How come those place you go, always NS one ?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:14 am

4dtoto... maybe it is my fate and destiny...

was going to go for some ice cream last night... my favourite flavour also NS.

talk about luck.
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:55 am

Guys,

I thought I'd provide some info here on CC wedges and why we released them.

As you all know the new groove rule takes effect from 1st January, 2010 for those tournaments adopting the Condition of Competition rule for conforming grooves. At present that means all professional events worldwide along with all USGA events such as (US Amateur..etc). So if anyone is playing in these events including better amateurs they will need to use a CC wedge.

For the rest of us its business as usual meaning we can all use the wedges we use now all the way till 2024. The wedges that you all buy now can be made and purchased up until the end of 2010. From 2011 onwards the only wedges made that you will be able to buy in the market will be conforming groove wedges.

The difference in Spin Milled CC wedge and the current Spin Milled wedge is purely the way we cut the groove which is conforming. The shape and sole grind is identical. The CC wedges have a gold paint fill on the spin milled logo and CC stamp on the hosel.

So, the reason we made CC available was to service the needs of the players that have to use conforming wedges and those hardcore players that only like to use what is used on tour. The wedge is offered as a custom order only and is not designed to replace the current Spin Milled Vokey at all.

Most golfers need/want all the spin they can get with wedges so therefore the demand for CC wedges will be very limited until 2011 when they become the only available offering from all brands.

Hopefully that puts things in perspective.

Rick
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:03 am

Can I have some??????? Very Happy Old ones no grooves...........
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
4dtoto

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:08 am

shorthitter wrote:
Can I have some??????? Very Happy Old ones no grooves...........

Can. grind away all the grroves and sand it til smooth smooth like the brake disc..hahaha
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:14 am

I need more help not less...... lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:29 am

Thanks Rick.

I haven't had the chance to bring them out on the course yet. So far, I dun see a diff on the range except mebbe a tad lower? Not sure if the range balls have anything to do with it.

I'm expecting my re-plated TVDs to arrive sometime this week. Now those will be the money wedges and will be in the bag for me at least. Titleist
Back to top Go down
Titleist
Titleist Staff
Titleist

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 am

S70B wrote:
Thanks Rick.

I haven't had the chance to bring them out on the course yet. So far, I dun see a diff on the range except mebbe a tad lower? Not sure if the range balls have anything to do with it.

I'm expecting my re-plated TVDs to arrive sometime this week. Now those will be the money wedges and will be in the bag for me at least. Titleist

TVD's are lovely, great you got your hands on some.

CC wedges will actually launch a tad higher off the face. The reason is because with the less aggressive groove the ball will slide up the face a little higher before launching. This is actually not bad given that a because it will spin less coming in a bit higher will mean it could help it stop a bit quicker.

Enjoy your testing

Rick
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 am

Must be the way I'm hitting my shots then. Embarassed It wasn't with nice DT balls at the Leadbetter Academy either.

Will post some pics of those babies coming back. Its been awhile since I saw them. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges   The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Vokey C.C. Spin Milled Wedges
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next