Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?

Go down 
+8
mizzy
Ssquirrel
weesern
golfer
peace2903
Yarra
daveaha
ltajedi
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ltajedi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? Empty
PostSubject: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:49 pm

Just bought myself a new set of Mizunos MP-52s. And as such, need to supplement the set with an AW and a SW.

Any recommendations or reviews on the Mizunos MP T-10s versus the Titleist BV Spin Milled? Am currently using the spin milled for my lob wedge and thinking of whether to stick with Mizunos for the two wedges that I'm trying to fill or go with the Titliest.

Feel wise, are the MP T-10s as soft as described? Any feedback? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:13 pm

I'm using Taylormade RAC wedge, Y groove. Not so much spin like Z groove or Vokey Spinmilled. I felt that Vokey range is a bit heavier than TM so I prefer to use TM.

Mizunos I never tried, but I suggest you try yourself at Golf house. Get a demo there. I believe they have vokeys also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:47 pm

The Mizuno MP T-10s are not that bad. Having said that, do not expect a soft feel out of it. At least not the black ones. I played the black MP T-10s and I kinda like it. But it didn't knocked my TM wedges out of my bag. But then, the TM wedges are tour issue and I've been playing one version or the other for a good 8 years so it's a different story.

Comparing the Vokeys to the MP T-10s, the Vokey should feel heavier in the head and it should spin about the same in my opinion. I never like the feel of the Vokey due to the heavy head, so i might be biased. And I think the Vokey is a little bit more forgiving than the MP T-10.
Back to top Go down
peace2903
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:56 pm

I was using Vokeys, then tried MP-Ts for a while (almost a year but then I played like once a month only.) and now back to Vokey SM.

IMO, both felt soft but definitely SM has more bite. So whether u like to spin your ball or roll your ball to the pin. Smile Vokeys are the most popular on tour for a reason.... then again we are not pros,.... Razz
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:11 am

peace2903 wrote:
I was using Vokeys, then tried MP-Ts for a while (almost a year but then I played like once a month only.) and now back to Vokey SM.

IMO, both felt soft but definitely SM has more bite. So whether u like to spin your ball or roll your ball to the pin. Smile Vokeys are the most popular on tour for a reason.... then again we are not pros,.... Razz

Basically, it all comes down to personal preference.
Back to top Go down
golfer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:13 am

may i know which brand has the lightest wedges? other than ping.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:16 am

Yarra wrote:
peace2903 wrote:

Basically, it all comes down to personal preference.

True. Personal preference. Weight also come to consideration for many. I dislike heavy wedge because I feel I lost control over the wedge if it's very heavy. My friend prefer heavier one. So it's up to you. Give it a try on demo day. SSN/we has Vokey for triel.

golfer wrote:

So far, TM is the lightest I tried so far.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:17 am

i used a TM lob wedge but exchange with my friend's sv tour coz sv tour is heavier than TM's
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:19 am

golfer wrote:

Have no idea. You might just have to weighs them all before you buy it, I guess. And to get an even more lighter wedge, find the lightest one and get some club fitter to grind it the way you like it. It'll shave some more grams off the heads... Wink
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:20 am

talking abt grind, guess the bounce is important as well, some brand may not hv the bounce u want
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:22 am

weesern wrote:
talking abt grind, guess the bounce is important as well, some brand may not hv the bounce u want

Exactly, that's where a good club fitter comes into play. There is nothing a good fitter cannot do or solve for your gamer! Wink
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:24 am

daveaha: that bag ooks good, bro! Especially with those alignments in the bag, you look like a pro. Just need to lose those iron covers, tho... Razz
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:33 am

Yarra wrote:
daveaha: that bag ooks good, bro! Especially with those alignments in the bag, you look like a pro. Just need to lose those iron covers, tho... Razz

Thanks thanks. The bag is definitely a bargain. Bought it at Isetean sale for $110 only.
Then the rest - looks only pro. Play like sh1te though... still couldn't break 100 consistently. Gosh. That's why I need all the equipments that I can buy ! hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:39 am

daveaha wrote:
Yarra wrote:

Thanks thanks. The bag is definitely a bargain. Bought it at Isetean sale for $110 only.
Then the rest - looks only pro. Play like sh1te though... still couldn't break 100 consistently. Gosh. That's why I need all the equipments that I can buy ! hahahaha

Not about the price of the bag, Dude. It is what's in the bag that matters! And more importantly, how well they are used to execute shots! So, you do not need all the equipment you can buy. You just need to be fitted and spare some more time to practice both on range and on course! Razz
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
daveaha

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:50 am

Yarra wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Yarra wrote:

Not about the price of the bag, Dude. It is what's in the bag that matters! And more importantly, how well they are used to execute shots! So, you do not need all the equipment you can buy. You just need to be fitted and spare some more time to practice both on range and on course! Razz

My irons are fitted to me. Very comfortable with it. Alignment kit helped alot at the range and lining the target... But... I need to improve my putting tremendously. My weakest point... 40-50 putts a game is totally unacceptable... sigh...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 12:57 am

daveaha wrote:
Yarra wrote:
daveaha wrote:
Yarra wrote:

My irons are fitted to me. Very comfortable with it. Alignment kit helped alot at the range and lining the target... But... I need to improve my putting tremendously. My weakest point... 40-50 putts a game is totally unacceptable... sigh...

Did DGMan fit your irons? By the way, 40-50 putts a round is just awful! Needs to work on that, definitely...
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 8:28 am

Yarra wrote:
weesern wrote:

Exactly, that's where a good club fitter comes into play. There is nothing a good fitter cannot do or solve for your gamer! Wink
How to use grind or determine what kind of grind is good?
Back to top Go down
ltajedi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:20 pm

Can't say that I've tried the Taylormade wedges and don't think I will do so any time soon. IMO, Taylormade is the leading company for Drivers/woods period. I swear by them. Tried a Callaway FTi-Q but that bombed out teriibly for me.

But when it comes to the other departments like wedges, the more conventional brands like Titleist and Cleveland come into mind. Granted, I've played both these brands before. Am just thinking of whether to stick with the Mizunos through out or go with the SM. But as peace2903 pointed, am more a 'drop-n-stop' kinda player. so maybe the SMs might make more sense.

the quesiton now is, whether I can get my hands on any good used ones with NS Pro shafts.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:25 pm

i don't recall ever seeing vokeys with NSPro shaft option. custom fit bro.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:31 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Yarra wrote:
weesern wrote:

How to use grind or determine what kind of grind is good?

Again, that's where a good club fitter comes into play... Razz

Every player has different swing, thus different kind of grind.
Back to top Go down
ltajedi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:33 pm

yeah that's what I did with my vokey lob wedge. Custom fitted it with NSPro from golf house previously. took a while for it to get here tough
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:34 pm

ltajedi wrote:
Can't say that I've tried the Taylormade wedges and don't think I will do so any time soon. IMO, Taylormade is the leading company for Drivers/woods period. I swear by them. Tried a Callaway FTi-Q but that bombed out teriibly for me.

But when it comes to the other departments like wedges, the more conventional brands like Titleist and Cleveland come into mind. Granted, I've played both these brands before. Am just thinking of whether to stick with the Mizunos through out or go with the SM. But as peace2903 pointed, am more a 'drop-n-stop' kinda player. so maybe the SMs might make more sense.

the quesiton now is, whether I can get my hands on any good used ones with NS Pro shafts.

TM has great wedges too, it's just that every one, especially in Asia, has Vokey in mind whenever the word wedges is uttered. I played a TM wedges for the best part of the last 8 years and I am now has trouble finding a replacement for it. I do not like Vokey, a rarity in this site, I believe!

Again, it comes down to personal preference. I do not like heavy heads, thus not playing the Vokeys...
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 pm

i don't like vokeys either. doesn't really work for me.
Back to top Go down
ltajedi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:40 pm

what abt the new callaways with that funky "macdaddy" grooves? Smile
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 10:43 pm

That funny MD groove is actually NOT FUNNY AT ALL! It does give you funny amount of spin, to a point where it might be INSANE! BUT... it'll eat your ball up each time you execute a proper shot!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?   Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wedges: Mizunos MP T-10, Titleist BV Spin Milled or others?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next