Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golfer's death a misadventure

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Golfer's death a misadventure Empty
PostSubject: Golfer's death a misadventure   Golfer's death a misadventure I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:22 pm

By Elena Chong, Court Correspondent

A CORONER on Monday recorded a verdict of misadventure on the death of a golfer 10 days after he was struck by lightning at Tanah Merah Country Club (TMCC).

Mr Soh Lye Huat, 57, a businessman, was playing golf with three friends at the Changi Coast Road club last Oct 25 when he was thrown to the ground. His friends, too, were thrown to the ground. Earlier, the four had reached the 17th hole when they saw flashes of lightning at the far end horizon and heard thunder roaring.

As there was no siren for the lightning alert from TMCC, they decided to finish the 17th hole before ending their game.

Mr Soh was the last to putt at about 10.10am when a loud bang was heard. Mr Soh was found lying face down and bleeding from his mouth. The back portion of his cap was shredded.

Two of his friends, together with a golf marshal, applied cardio-pulmonary resuscitation on Mr Soh till the ambulance arrived.

He remained in intensive care at Changi General Hospital until his death from multi-organ failure on Nov 4.
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
mizzy

PostSubject: Re: Golfer's death a misadventure   Golfer's death a misadventure I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:27 pm

wah lao.. scary.. RIP..

i saw in a documentary that lighting now a days can originate from the earth to the sky, and this type of lighting is more powerful. the cause is the built up of charge due to urban activities.. hence courses near urban areas can be more dangerous.

Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
cristel

PostSubject: Re: Golfer's death a misadventure   Golfer's death a misadventure I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Yeah, especially this season, during the monsoon, the lightning seems hyperactive this few weeks. Be extra vigilant and careful on the greens~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golfer's death a misadventure   Golfer's death a misadventure I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golfer's death a misadventure
Page 1 of 1