Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg Empty
PostSubject: Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg   Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:42 pm

LPGA player Erica Blasberg, 25, has died and police are investigating the circumstances, her agent and authorities said overnight.

Keith Paul, a spokesman for the Henderson, Nevada, police said officers were looking into Blasberg's death, which occurred on Sunday night.

It was not immediately clear whether they suspected foul play.

A spokeswoman for the Clark County Coroner's Office told Golf Digest: "We have no cause of death to report at this time. It is not unusual for it to take between four to 12 weeks."

Blasberg's agent, Chase Callahan, confirmed her death but declined to provide details because of the probe.

Blasberg played her only LPGA Tour event of this season two weeks ago in Mexico, where she tied for 44th.

Blasberg was a very successful US collegiate player, winning six times in two years at the University of Arizona.

She represented the United States in the Curtis Cup in 2004, the same year she turned professional.

Blasberg won once on the FUTURES Tour before qualifying for the LPGA Tour in 2005. Her best year on the LPGA circuit was 2008 when she earned a career-best tie for eighth at the SBS Open in Hawaii.

"We are devastated to learn of the passing of Erica Blasberg. To most of the world, Erica was known as a professional golfer, but she was more than that. She was a loving daughter to her parents and a compassionate and loyal friend," said a statement from Callahan. "Erica had a good heart, was extremely kind and very thankful for what she had in her life.

(smh.com)
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg   Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:44 pm

i caught that today on twitter..

just surprised that an 'unknown' can generate so much news. guess the circuit is still quite closely-knitted after all.
Back to top Go down
clarencekim
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
clarencekim

PostSubject: Re: Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg   Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Unfortunate as Erica Blasberg was a talented player and a pretty girl.

CK
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg   Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:49 pm

You could realistically say there are 100 well known golfers male or female.... but there are hundreds out there every week trying thier hearts out.... or at this stage unknown...

The world golf rankings only go up to 1130... after that everyone that has points is 1130 in the world...... but all are trying their guts out to be number 1129.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
darenlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
darenlim

PostSubject: Re: Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg   Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:55 pm

She is cute lor! What a waste
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg   Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 6:38 pm

some people just take double bogey overly seriously....sigh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg   Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Police investigating death of LPGA player Erica Blasberg
Page 1 of 1