Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Death of the world best golfer

Go down 
+9
dmateo
TDO
HyBriD
nientsu
kumbriya
Iluvgolf
Duval_S
eiji
Daztasiumz
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

Death of the world best golfer Empty
PostSubject: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:45 pm

Kim Jong-il dies: the life of the North Korean dictator and 'Dear Leader'

He supposedly penned operas, had a photographic memory, produced movies and was said to have shot 11 holes-in-one on the first round of golf he ever played.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/8965546/Kim-Jong-il-dies-the-life-of-the-North-Korean-dictator-and-Dear-Leader.html
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:48 pm

any lost ball is considered to have disappeared in the hole Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:50 pm

its sad how politics come into interfering the pursuit of sports excellence.

if not for this, one can imagine how many majors he could have won

Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 8:55 pm

par 4 par 5 all ace from the tee?
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:11 pm

It's sheer nonsense. How to get 11 hole-in-one in one game and somemore his first game of golf????
Back to top Go down
kumbriya
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:22 pm

11 out of 18 holes not bad for a first timer.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:26 pm

They did not say anything about the course what. Who knows, maybe the 'golf course' he played was actually 18 putting mats??
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Daztasiumz

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:39 pm

Wow What a Face

World’s greatest golfer dies. Farewell Kim Jong Il

"North Korean golfing legend (and oppressive dictator) Kim Jong Il passed away over the weekend. He was just 69 years old, but laid claim to golfing skills that would make greats like Jack Nicklaus, Tiger Woods and Walter Hagen weep with envy.

Back in 1994, the man set a record that is likely to stand forever. Playing his first round of golf on a regulation, PGA-style, 18-hole course, Kim Jong Il scored 11 holes-in-one while he carded a stunning 38 UNDER par. Seventeen bodyguards were on hand to witness and attest the score. "
Back to top Go down
Iluvgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
Iluvgolf

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:43 pm

nientsu wrote:
They did not say anything about the course what. Who knows, maybe the 'golf course' he played was actually 18 putting mats??

Like that also can ah? U are good man nientsu!
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Iluvgolf wrote:
It's sheer nonsense. How to get 11 hole-in-one in one game and somemore his first game of golf????

Yes I do Second the motion.

I'm thinking his Ace could be done with some help from his bodyguard's

North Korean leaders always tell "tales of ridiculousness" to make them look they are Super-Man.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 4:38 pm

In order to be a Dear Leader, he must score hole-in-ones easily, by whatever means.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 pm

aiya you guys didn't read it correct ly. First ever golf can not be in the golf course, you need handicap or PC for that.

so it must be one of those kiddy golf venue, of course can hole in one 11 hole mah...
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Not Lilliput but regulation course, of course.
At 38-under he is a +38, and that was his first try at playing on the course; he would have improved to ace 17-18 holes by now. Just think how many strokes he would have to give us if he joined our games! Basketball

We just have to make sure his bodyguards don't follow...

Daztasiumz wrote:
"...on a regulation, PGA-style, 18-hole course...38 UNDER par. Seventeen bodyguards were on hand to witness and attest the score. "
Back to top Go down
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:36 pm

entity you want to take him on?

or you want him to join in your games?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Winston

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 11:41 pm

Maybe the hole is very biig and either has alot of sand in it or has water in it. Maybe that's why got so many "hole -in-one's"
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TDO

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 12:27 am

entity wrote:
At 38-under he is a +38, and that was his first try at playing on the course; he would have improved to ace 17-18 holes by now. Just think how many strokes he would have to give us if he joined our games! Basketball

Daztasiumz wrote:
"...on a regulation, PGA-style, 18-hole course...38 UNDER par. Seventeen bodyguards were on hand to witness and attest the score. "

Whoa! He's gone to play golf somewhere in the netherworld. You don't want to join him or invite him over for a game do you?
Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 5:47 am

Haha, hypothetical only. Just the same as the stats claimed by their media. Did you see the one where they claimed their soccer team beat Brazil to win the World cup? drunken

Saw on Channelnewsasia that a few members of the UN council refused to observe the 1 minute of silence demanded by their rep...that doesn't sound right.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 6:43 am

maybe he mistaken the hole with the bunker ??
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 7:29 am

dmateo wrote:
maybe he mistaken the hole with the bunker ??

You mean the bunker is not the hole... damn... no wonder I always score Hole-on-ones as well.

Maybe we should all assume bunkers as holes, that would make our scores comparable to the "world's greatest golfer" Laughing
Back to top Go down
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 8:58 am

entity wrote:

Daztasiumz wrote:

If he aces 17-18 holes per game. Give people strokes also useless unless his opponent can match the aces.

speaking of which even if he invites you for a game in n korea will you go? do you dare to win him? haha
Back to top Go down
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:22 am

Back to top Go down
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 23, 2011 10:23 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death of the world best golfer   Death of the world best golfer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death of the world best golfer
Page 1 of 1