Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

makan in & ard golf courses

Go down 
+2
weesern
mysticsea
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

makan in & ard golf courses Empty
PostSubject: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 am

since we all play in sg and jb and some say batam (bintan)...
lets share the good & bad abt food in the places u play in...
me, best impression place is the restaurant place in daiman 18...
the char peng (fried rice) with egg... good...

another location is somewhere in jb town near 大马花园。。。
its a bak kut teh joint... (HR... u brought me there...)
got addy or not???
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:30 am

Daiman 18 food is good
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:20 am

Sentosa Golf Club
One of the best club cafes for me. The best chicken rice of all the clubs. Chicken is tender and flavourful as is the rice. The fried chicken there comes with fried ginger slices. Very tender, tasty, and great when eaten with the ginger slices. Also has the best Ter Kar Bee Hoon of any golf club. The trotter is taken off the bone and jelly tender. The meat is melt-in-your-mouth tender, the bee hoon is infused with flavour and there's chunks of chestnuts in the dish. Eaten with the sambal, pure heaven. I have it every time I happen to be there. And it's great that the cafe at has reasonable prices and is open to public. The Jap restaurant is very good too, can't remember the name but it's been around for more than 20 years, moved there from Orchard Road. Forget Ilido, they've seen their best days. First time there when it was new, packed and the food was good. As recent as last year, the place was empty and the food was just salty and almost inedible.

Jurong Country Club
Famous for their otak otak with lightly toasted bread. I love the claypot curry chicken there. Thick and tasty gravy and the chicken is infused with flavour.

Orchid Country Club
Famous for their laksa but I find it way over rated. Miles off from Katong Laksa quality.

Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 2:31 am

Orchid Country Club
I like the mee rebus. i usually don't like mee rebus, but their sauce looks good when i saw the next table order it, and it has bits of crunchy things in the sauce, which i think is a combination of ikan bilis and peanuts. i'd recommend it.

Nsrcc - navy halfway house
i posted this on the other thread.
the kong bak pao on nsrcc - navy halfway house is awesome. and the orange color chili is deadly. I think must tee off around 8 to be able to eat it. too early, its not ready.

in this picture i did not put chili.

makan in & ard golf courses IMG_0282makan in & ard golf courses IMG_0283

Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:22 am

mysticsea wrote:
since we all play in sg and jb and some say batam (bintan)...
lets share the good & bad abt food in the places u play in...
me, best impression place is the restaurant place in daiman 18...
the char peng (fried rice) with egg... good...

another location is somewhere in jb town near 大马花园。。。
its a bak kut teh joint... (HR... u brought me there...)
got addy or not???

I agreed with Marc there. Pekin Restaurant at Daiman 18 is No. 1 for me. Marc, you just mentioned Fried Rice. If you have gone out with my friends, you don't know the rest of it. There are more exotic dihes than you realised at Pekin. Its really BEST !!! So far I have not been to a better one. We have even tried the 'pun choy' and 'Buddha Jump over the Wall' the Chinese New Year dish? Of course for this two dishes, we have to order a few days in advance. Ok for this instance, we have nearly 2 flights so cost wise, it is considered cheap after sharing out.

titu
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:29 am

Tituman wrote:

I agreed with Marc there. Pekin Restaurant at Daiman 18 is No. 1 for me. Marc, you just mentioned Fried Rice. If you have gone out with my friends, you don't know the rest of it. There are more exotic dihes than you realised at Pekin. Its really BEST !!! So far I have not been to a better one. We have even tried the 'pun choy' and 'Buddha Jump over the Wall' the Chinese New Year dish? Of course for this two dishes, we have to order a few days in advance. Ok for this instance, we have nearly 2 flights so cost wise, it is considered cheap after sharing out.

titu

Yes! Pekin Restaurant can't be beat. Really good food! My fave is the fish lips in claypot. At least that's what they call it. It's actually shark cartilage I think, from the head. Jelly like cartilage sucked off the central part of the fish bone. Comes with whole garlic cloves and bits of dried cuttlefish. The sauce is fantastic with rice. It tastes even better cos of the price.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

This one don't serve pig's trotter. We went to one of its branch, don't know the exact location but I know its on the way home from Daiman whereby we turned left at the junction where there is a Big Lorenzo sign on the building. There, they have this pig's trotter so tender jelly like that when you jolt the table, you can see the braised trotter 'shimmer or tremble' like soft jelly like that ha ha. Now my mouth watering thinking of that dish.

titu
Back to top Go down
golfchowmk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
golfchowmk

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:46 am

Tituman wrote:
This one don't serve pig's trotter. We went to one of its branch, don't know the exact location but I know its on the way home from Daiman whereby we turned left at the junction where there is a Big Lorenzo sign on the building. There, they have this pig's trotter so tender jelly like that when you jolt the table, you can see the braised trotter 'shimmer or tremble' like soft jelly like that ha ha. Now my mouth watering thinking of that dish.

titu

Bro Titu pls said anymore laoi my saliva all over my table. pls arrange agame there & makan. As you mention that the pig's trotter is somewhre near taman molek town..
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:54 am

Birdman wrote:
Sentosa Golf Club
The Jap restaurant is very good too, can't remember the name but it's been around for more than 20 years, moved there from Orchard Road.

its called Nagoya... word of caution its pricey... then again, if can afford to play in SGC, wats the diff... Razz
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:56 am

anyone wanna organise a game in daiman??? i know the course not very swee but the main idea here is the food... ROFL
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:28 pm

mysticsea wrote:
anyone wanna organise a game in daiman??? i know the course not very swee but the main idea here is the food... ROFL

Can can. Wait for my arm to recover first ok?
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:33 pm

Yes it's at Taman Molek, was trying to recall.

Coming from Singapore, keep left near Carrefour, then turn right under the huge bridge (pasir gudang highway), go straight till you see the huge Lorenzo sign, turn right at the junction. Lost just ask people there, everyone knows it.

Or alternative entry point from the opposite direction coming from Austin Hills, is to take the entry road to Ponderosa. Go straight and turn left after the new cluster housing estate.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:37 pm

No need to play at Diaman just for the food around there.

Austin Hills quite near, Ponderosa even nearer.

Even if play tanjong puteri stil can go cos the food is on the way back to causeway.

Go in all the way, my humble opinion is that both golf and food should be up to par ma. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:38 pm

Birdman wrote:
Yes it's at Taman Molek, was trying to recall.

Coming from Singapore, keep left near Carrefour, then turn right under the huge bridge (pasir gudang highway), go straight till you see the huge Lorenzo sign, turn right at the junction. Lost just ask people there, everyone knows it.

Or alternative entry point from the opposite direction coming from Austin Hills, is to take the entry road to Ponderosa. Go straight and turn left after the new cluster housing estate.

Yup thats the one.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 12:46 pm

More Food! More Food! cheers
Back to top Go down
mysticsea
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
mysticsea

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 1:13 pm

seafood leh??? i know lots like seafood... relatively cheap in jb and batam but till now i have not found one in the 2 locales which serve to my liking... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: makan in & ard golf courses   makan in & ard golf courses I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

makan in & ard golf courses
Page 1 of 1