Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?

Go down 
+10
freedrop
AXIV
ironfist
Gray
shotah
jimmychoo
sniffydog
Right_sided_coach
redbull
The Golfing Machine
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? Empty
PostSubject: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 10:49 pm

The term 'release' has been used so many times that its true meaning has been diluted. What does it mean to you? Understanding this could mean more yards to you potentially...
Back to top Go down
redbull
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
redbull

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:01 pm

"release" means its time to have a puff What a Face
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:03 pm

redbull wrote:
"release" means its time to have a puff What a Face

Haha...you are funny.
I mean besides releasing from the top and bottom...
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Release is what they do with prisoners after they serve their sentence ROFL
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:25 am

Ok wise guys...

Looking at the picture on the left where the hands are in release position and then to the right where the hands are in impact position...what are we trying to release?

The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? Releas10
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:41 am

The Golfing Machine wrote:
Ok wise guys...

Looking at the picture on the left where the hands are in release position and then to the right where the hands are in impact position...what are we trying to release?

The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? Releas10

errr...releasing the hinge on the right wrist to a less hinged position at impact? a small angular release of the hinged wrist translates to a huge acceleration of the clubhead just at impact (clubhead travels a great distance whilst the wrist unhinge.)

if u release too early in the downswing, u lose the advantage of the added acceleration at impact.
F=MA.

i hope i did not confuse myself. pale
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jimmychoo

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:50 am

From the release to impact is too fast, I will not want to do or think anything to it but to let it work it out itself. I will be more concern on the back swing and the finishing. Can our body work so fast to react to it? I know I can't Sad
Back to top Go down
sniffydog
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
sniffydog

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 am

jimmychoo wrote:
From the release to impact is too fast, I will not want to do or think anything to it but to let it work it out itself. I will be more concern on the back swing and the finishing. Can our body work so fast to react to it? I know I can't Sad

yeah..that explains why i'm still struggling. but somehow if i focus on the thought of maintaining the hinge on the downswing, the wrist will eventually unhinge itself at the right time...

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:16 am

I think if you work on the tempo of your swing, it will automatically help you on the release of your club. Use the impact Stik... it will help you if you use it correctly, using it wrongly will give more harm than good.
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:44 pm

The key issues about the release is knowing what to release, then prepping for it as jimmychoo points out.
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Gray

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:51 pm

Release is the time when u conciously increase the speed of the down swing.

I personally feel that there is no value add to swing speed and distance if we force the club to go fast when it is pointing 12 o'clock to 9 o'clock. Only when it is pass 9 o'clock and we add speed then the swing speed will increase.
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:36 pm

There are only 5 things that you can do while holding the club that will move it.

1. Bending and straightening the right arm
2. Cocking and Uncocking the Left Wrist
3. Turning and Rolling the Left Arm
4. Bringing the Left Arm across the Left Chest
5. Turning the Pivot

What we are trying to release at the point of release are the angles created by these actions.
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:42 pm

hmmm i feel 'release' for me lies predominantly on the right side of my body i.e my right shoulder and right side of my hips through to my right foot tiptoe-ing at the end. if i release i get the feeling like my right side is totally flowing and rotating through towards the target without any tension.

(this is perfect case scenario lah i'm still too newb to actually achieve this. haha)
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:19 am

ironfist,

You are releasing only one power source.
You are robbing yourself of POWER.

Again, I urge people who are reading my posts not to just read and accept.

Take what I write and go out to the range and prove it WRONG.
If it can't be proven WRONG, then it must be right isn't it?

This is what scientific research, proving and testing is all about! Smile

So how do I prove that the 1st accumulator is wrong?

I will get try to bend and straighten my right arm to prove that such an action cannot move the clubhead.

This is opposed to bending and straightening the right arm to prove the club head moves!
Back to top Go down
AXIV
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:17 am

Most golfers run out of right arm to early in the downstroke. This is caused by swing over the plane on the downswing. How do we start down correctly to make sure the right arm is still bent at impact?
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
freedrop

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:33 am

AXIV wrote:
Most golfers run out of right arm to early in the downstroke. This is caused by swing over the plane on the downswing. How do we start down correctly to make sure the right arm is still bent at impact?

There is an exercise to help keep your right arm close to body on down stroke....keep a towel in yr right arm pit in your drill.

For me, I trigger my down swing with my left shoulder, so right arm will lag my left shoulder and it will be kept close to my body.

Every time I slice my drive, I will focus on thsi point, and the ball will go straight.

Another swing thought is to try to hit the ball from 4 o'clock postion of the ball (looking from top of course), this will force you to swing inside to out, with your right arm closer to body to avoid outside to in swing which will cut your ball flight.
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:42 pm

Hi AXIV,

I see that you are familiar with TGM.
To avoid running out of right arm, just the pivot correctly.
The pivot is the engine that drives the swing,
all other components are like the exhaust coming out of the pipe.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
Ssquirrel

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 12:44 pm

Hi AXIV,

I see that you are familiar with TGM.
To avoid running out of right arm, just the pivot correctly.
The pivot is the engine that drives the swing,
all other components are like the exhaust coming out of the pipe.
What does "running out of right arm mean" and also "pivot" ?

Sorry for noob questions.. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:44 pm

Running out of right arm means that the right arm straightens too early prior to impact.
Just as you don't your elbow fully extended when you punch someone, its the same thing with the golf swing.

The pivot in very uncomplicated terms is "that"which is from knees to the chest.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:50 pm

Eh, TGM, care to explain more as its seems more confusing now....
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:12 am

ironfist,

You are releasing only one power source.
You are robbing yourself of POWER.

Again, I urge people who are reading my posts not to just read and accept.

Take what I write and go out to the range and prove it WRONG.
If it can't be proven WRONG, then it must be right isn't it?

This is what scientific research, proving and testing is all about! Smile

So how do I prove that the 1st accumulator is wrong?

I will get try to bend and straighten my right arm to prove that such an action cannot move the clubhead.

This is opposed to bending and straightening the right arm to prove the club head moves!

lol you know i love going out to the range to 'test' out your insights! you have not failed me so far shi fu! Very Happy and i had no idea the right arm had to be bent at impact.. this is very interesting! can't wait to go try it out tmr night.
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 7:49 am

That's fantastic...you should google Ben Hogan. You should be able to get some pictures of him with a bent right arm at impact.
Have fun at the range!
Back to top Go down
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:30 am

Running out of right arm means that the right arm straightens too early prior to impact.
Just as you don't your elbow fully extended when you punch someone, its the same thing with the golf swing.

The pivot in very uncomplicated terms is "that"which is from knees to the chest.

Hi Golf Guru,

Is the bent right arm more applicable to Hitters? since the power comes from pushing/hitting?

Does Swingers have more dominant left arms?

sorry for these amateurish questions, hope to learn more from you sir. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
ironfist

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:40 pm

hahaha nice avatar! kermit looks like he just got raped or something. hahaha

Topic OFF
Back to top Go down
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:13 pm

ironfist wrote:
hahaha nice avatar! kermit looks like he just got raped or something. hahaha

Topic OFF

after a few rounds of many 3 putts and 4 putts, you would feel like committing suicide by drowning in a bathtub affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?   The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Release - What are we trying to release anyway and when?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next