Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Life span of Steel Shaft

Go down 
+3
Duval_S
mUAr_cHEe
Fatboy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

Life span of Steel Shaft Empty
PostSubject: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:48 am

Hi,

I like to know if there is a lifespan for steel shaft if the clubs are used constantly on green and in range ?

It can be NS Pro, True Temper, KBS, etc.

Mine is already more than 5 years but they looks OK to me; maintain them so no rust at all.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
mUAr_cHEe

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:04 pm

until it breaks i guess?

do u find your dispersion getting wider? that is the only thing i can think of regarding expiration of steel shafts.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:14 pm

alternatively is...to check the rear end.....is it feeling itchy?
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
S70B

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Duval_S wrote:

Mine is constantly itching and twitching (or so...thats what my flightmates tell me).

How? Any remedy for that? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:40 pm

Quote :
S70B wrote:
Duval_S wrote:

Mine is constantly itching and twitching (or so...thats what my flightmates tell me).

How? Any remedy for that? Embarassed

For you brudder...no.....coz fm what I had read in these past 8 months , you are no cure liao.....
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
Birdman

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Fatboy wrote:
Hi,

I like to know if there is a lifespan for steel shaft if the clubs are used constantly on green and in range ?

It can be NS Pro, True Temper, KBS, etc.

Mine is already more than 5 years but they looks OK to me; maintain them so no rust at all.

Thanks

For me, as long as there is no discernible difference in dispersion and distance, just keep on playing the shafts. My first set rusted through from the inside of the shafts and snapped at the ferrules after about 10 years, if that's any gauge.

But knowing the equipment sluts on GR, no one is going to wait till the end of a steel shaft's lifespan before changing.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
DGman

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 1:56 pm

there is no expiry lifespan on steel shafts as long as there is no corrosion both inside and outside of the shaft.

we have an iron set (with steel shaft) thats probably made in the 40s and its still going strong with no indication of corrosion.

DGman

Rex remedy for your ass twitching....the next time you address the ball. close your eye and feel your body alignment - feet, knees, hips, spine, shoulder and hands and in that order. you should wiggle less..guarantee.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
andrewlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
andrewlee

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:35 pm

DGman wrote:
there is no expiry lifespan on steel shafts as long as there is no corrosion both inside and outside of the shaft.

we have an iron set (with steel shaft) thats probably made in the 40s and its still going strong with no indication of corrosion.

DGman

Rex remedy for your ass twitching....the next time you address the ball. close your eye and feel your body alignment - feet, knees, hips, spine, shoulder and hands and in that order. you should wiggle less..guarantee.

Hi Eric,

How about grahite shaft? how to tell it time to change beside backside itchy?got a 5 years old set katana (forge) not sure is it worth or time to change ?

Thks.
Back to top Go down
Fatboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
Fatboy

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:45 pm

No worry, it is not a uncommon 'sickness'; most golfer have it. Cool

The peak comes when a new model is launched and the 'sickness' get worse especially when the current set is not working good for a while. Laughing

Duval_S wrote:
Back to top Go down
http://www.permatex.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Life span of Steel Shaft   Life span of Steel Shaft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Life span of Steel Shaft
Page 1 of 1