Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!

Go down 
+9
weesern
eden
eiji
aural
vingay32
Duval_S
oned10t
mengteck71
TigaWood
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! Empty
PostSubject: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:24 pm

I have been submitting my scorecard diligently and honestly.
But found the new handicapping system a bit ridicules.
My official handicap is 10 stokes below my average scores.
Like that how to bet with people? Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
mengteck71

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:26 pm

The rule is the club will count max up to double bogey even if your get double. From statistics, social golfers only play to their Hcp abt 30% of the time
Back to top Go down
oned10t
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
oned10t

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:38 pm

max hcp is 36 for man?
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:46 pm

Quote :
]quote="seebayho"]I have been submitting my scorecard diligently and honestly.
But found the new handicapping system a bit ridicules.
My official handicap is 10 stokes below my average scores.
Like that how to bet with people? Sad
[/quote]

just a suggestion....bet with those in the same club..
Back to top Go down
vingay32
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
vingay32

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 9:52 pm

better still.. bet with kakis only lor...

well this is how the hcp system works...
more importantly, remember to submit score card every round u played..
else, it will be a penalty to card a score of your lowest ...
Back to top Go down
TigaWood
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
TigaWood

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:50 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
The rule is the club will count max up to double bogey even if your get double. From statistics, social golfers only play to their Hcp abt 30% of the time

Have not played to my handicap at all leh.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HuatLeow.com
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 2:53 pm

Any advice when is the fastest a person should take the handicap test for beginners like me. One month plus into the game and only held a golf club more less than 2 months.

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Actually I was just thinking....just like driving, we have L-plate right.

So do you think it makes sense that for < 18HC, must wear RED or certain fix color and > 18HC must wear another color?

Like that , it set the right expectaton and so no trigger of unnecessary frustration.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:08 pm

aural wrote:
Any advice when is the fastest a person should take the handicap test for beginners like me. One month plus into the game and only held a golf club more less than 2 months.

anytime u think u r ready, but go get more games under ur belt first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:11 pm

eiji wrote:
aural wrote:

anytime u think u r ready, but go get more games under ur belt first.

No average score before attempting or such just personal feeling i guess?

Want to start planning towards that after my PC next week.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal
eiji

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:15 pm

whenever u feel ready is what i think, after 9mths of golf, i still don't think i am ready, but i am trying to get it done anyway so that i can work towards lowering my handicap
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:18 pm

eiji wrote:
whenever u feel ready is what i think, after 9mths of golf, i still don't think i am ready, but i am trying to get it done anyway so that i can work towards lowering my handicap

Ok, great thanks for answer. I just hope to get it soonest possible so that i can try other clubs in SG without having to keep taking PC for every other course. lol!
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:22 pm

for NSRCC, before you apply for your courtesy round.
you need to submit 5 score cards of 18 holes played at NSRCC with gross score of not more than 116 for men, 120 for ladies.
Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:36 pm

eden wrote:
you need to submit 5 score cards of 18 holes played at NSRCC with gross score of not more than 116 for men, 120 for ladies.

I'll probably go to MBGC to do that since my PC will be with them. Rampage there and OCC. cheers
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:39 pm

aural wrote:
eden wrote:

I'll probably go to MBGC to do that since my PC will be with them. Rampage there and OCC. cheers

I am using NSRCC as reference only.
I dont think they would conduct courtesy round for non members.

Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 3:44 pm

eden wrote:
aural wrote:
eden wrote:

I am using NSRCC as reference only.
I dont think they would conduct courtesy round for non members.

Ya, that is why i want to quick quick get handicap then from there can go ard without much problem.
Back to top Go down
eden
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
eden

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:04 pm

MBGC is 53 strokes for 9 holes.
have u gone down to the course yet?
make 53 your target and frankly 106 (53x2) is not that easy, straight after your 1st lesson package.

all the best!

Back to top Go down
aural
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer
aural

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:07 pm

eden wrote:
MBGC is 53 strokes for 9 holes.
have u gone down to the course yet?
make 53 your target and frankly 106 (53x2) is not that easy, straight after your 1st lesson package.

all the best!

Not yet, lol get some facts right before i fly down next week after my pc which is also next week. lol...
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 4:11 pm

i think in SG the fastest way is to go thru SSG. They do not require you to hv PC before taking CR
Back to top Go down
zixter
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:35 am

Wow is this for real?
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:17 am

Yes for real
Courtesy round is done at Par 3 course
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Perhaps many of u r not aware of this - if you manage to play to Ur handicap index 20% of the time- that is probably your right handicap index. The usga handicap system also applies an automatic penalty score to your differentials everytime u 'forget' to submit your score card. This is usually done after two weeks from
The date of play. And it applies to nine hole scores too. So remember to always submit your score cards after each round even the game is wAshed out.

If u r asking what is penalty score ? The system will placed the lowest score you submitted before for each of the score cards that u did not submit.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:03 pm

The purpose of pc test is basically to test your profiency in hitting the balls. Usually a series of test of hitting different clubs from 30 meters to 200meters. Including bunker shots n putting. back in those days when the game was played by the privileged ones, this was taken very seriously. The same goes for courtesy round . The courtesy round is done on the course n usually an essential part of the test consist of your golf ettquette , basic golf rules rather than a test of skills.

The usga handicap system believes that golf is played by many different levels competent Golfers so it does not encourage testers to fail Golfers taking the courtesy round unless they hit Ayrshire half the time.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor
Technospaz

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:18 pm

Where is Ayrshire?
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chocoman

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Airshot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!   New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Handicap indexing system, confusing and ridicules!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next