Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

System 36 - what it is and how to score well

Go down 
+2
Roystonnn
quinike
6 posters
AuthorMessage
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

System 36 - what it is and how to score well Empty
PostSubject: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:09 am

Hey all! This is perhaps the most common form of competition these days -> will be glad to hear your inputs Smile
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:18 am

Cehhh... First thought when I saw this topic title, I thought it is some questions on TOTO.
back to your topic. Very Happy Swing
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:21 am

cheong for birdies...do not make triples or worst is the key.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:30 am

haha if got TOTO tips PLease share also! everyone huat = good good!

So Sunny, birdies = must right? if no birdie = cannot shoot better than 36 pt?
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:36 am

hi quinike,

yes. It is a must.

Basically all of them would average out. If you shoot 10 over. Means you have a day handicap of 10(provided no triple or worse). These 10 strokes will give you 10 extra points in the those indexed holes which you are given strokes. So you will play exactly 36 points. Get what I mean? Once you play a bad hole, ie triple or worse, you will start to lose points as system 36 only allow you maximum of 2 strokes per hole to be calculated in your day handicap. Basically, if you have no triple you will get 36 points. If you have birdies you will add one point. The winner will be the person with the most birdies but no triples.

Basically go for it but limit losses once you think you cannot make birdie, play conservative so that you do not get a triple.
Back to top Go down
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am

shag ok roger that. great advise sunny Smile thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:39 am

Hey, Quinike... i thought you knew this aly... from the last tournament where Mr Tony Lee explained it to us ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:25 am

Find this definition from the web, so just to share :

Here's how System 36 works:

Throughout the round, the golfer accrues points based on the following formula:

•Double bogey or worse - 0 points
•Bogey - 1 point
•Par or better - 2 points
At the end of the round, points earned are tallied. The total is subtracted from 36, and the resulting number is the golfer's handicap allowance. His net score can then be computed using his System 36 handicap allowance.

For example, let's say you go out and shoot 90, and along the way to that 90 you have seven pars, nine bogeys, and two double-bogeys or worse.

First, calculate your accrued points:
7 (pars) x 2 (points per par) = 14
9 (bogeys) x 1 (point per bogey) = 9
2 (doubles or worse) x 0 (points per double) = 0

So your point total is 23. Now, subtract this total from 36:
36 - 23 = 13

So 13 is your handicap allowance. Now apply this to your gross score:
90 - 13 = 77

And 77 is your net score based on System 36 handicapping.
===================

Hope this calculation helps...
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:28 am

yes...which is why i said based on system 36 you cannot make triples. If you do not make triples, your net score is always even par or under which converts to a stableford 36 and above points.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:44 pm

A good thread to explain the format of play, maybe the expert can tell us all the format and how to play them....
Back to top Go down
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:48 pm

haha mr lam, just refreshing my memory! got a game coming up soon,must learn how to score Smile so shocked lor the last time ... thought i was playing decent but in the end so jialat! haha
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:50 pm

quinike wrote:
haha mr lam, just refreshing my memory! got a game coming up soon,must learn how to score Smile so shocked lor the last time ... thought i was playing decent but in the end so jialat! haha

Play your usual game and don't pressure yourself.. your game is there already.. all the best.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
quinike
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 pm

haha thanks Smile see u at the range soon, this weeks busy for me as I have school. Next week yup?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Lamts18

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:54 pm

quinike wrote:
haha thanks Smile see u at the range soon, this weeks busy for me as I have school. Next week yup?

Sure... studies come first... just drop me a sms when you can make it.. hope to learn some tips from you.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 3:12 pm

weesern wrote:
A good thread to explain the format of play, maybe the expert can tell us all the format and how to play them....

Hey, that is a good idea.... cheers

System 36 ?
stableford ?
strokeplay ?

any experts care to share more details...... pls Arrow
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 3:24 pm

I think strokeplay and matchplay quite straightforward, maybe others like stableford?

Does it have anything to do with mustang and ford?? Razz
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 pm

stableford is a system which rewards birdies and doesn't punish bad results. Typical points are eagle 4, birdie 3, par 2, bogey 1 and double and beyond 0.

If you go for birdie and play high risk shots and ended up with triple, no big deal. Pick the ball and go next hole. It does not punish you badly.

Some competition may award birdies and eagles even more points to make sure that ppl go for it.

System 36 stableford or any other system with stableford behind are simply a day handicap system playing stableford points. Example system 36, use the earlier discussion on system 36 to find your day handicap. For the hole, use the handicap index to see if you have any stroke allowance base on your day handicap. Deduct any strokes if you are given best on the handicap index. Now check if you get eagle, birdie, par, bogey etc and give yourself the points based on stableford.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
hillgreen

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:26 am

Thanks for the explanation but getting a bit complex leh in the last few sentences...

sunny wrote:
stableford is a system which rewards birdies and doesn't punish bad results. Typical points are eagle 4, birdie 3, par 2, bogey 1 and double and beyond 0.

If you go for birdie and play high risk shots and ended up with triple, no big deal. Pick the ball and go next hole. It does not punish you badly.

Some competition may award birdies and eagles even more points to make sure that ppl go for it.

System 36 stableford or any other system with stableford behind are simply a day handicap system playing stableford points. Example system 36, use the earlier discussion on system 36 to find your day handicap. For the hole, use the handicap index to see if you have any stroke allowance base on your day handicap. Deduct any strokes if you are given best on the handicap index. Now check if you get eagle, birdie, par, bogey etc and give yourself the points based on stableford.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member
sunny

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:36 am

basically a lot of day handicap system uses stableford to allocate points after giving players handicap to make it fairer....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: System 36 - what it is and how to score well   System 36 - what it is and how to score well I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

System 36 - what it is and how to score well
Page 1 of 1