Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why not take lessons?

Go down 
+16
mervyntan
S70B
tronos
Right_sided_coach
Duval_S
shorthitter
Roystonnn
benhogan
weesern
G_Man
watermyforrest
Technospaz
jurongtiger
daveaha
Khorkar
The Golfing Machine
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

Why not take lessons? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why not take lessons?   Why not take lessons? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:48 pm

weesern wrote:
Why not take lessons??

Are we not taking lessons now?? in a different way.

I always believe in keeping one's swing and tweak whichever is the problem that hinder him from getting the result he wants, who know the whole swing is the problem... If i'm to look for a coach, I'll look for one that observe the different swings of different people and prescribe the remedy to each swing.

What is right and wat is wrong??? its just different perceptions

What if it is the whole swing that is the problem. I use to teach that way before RSS. Trust me it doesnt work and when you fix it this way, then a new problem will appear. The golf swing is all about match ups. If you change something in the backswing, then you must also change something in the follow thru. You can not put band aids on different parts of the swing and expect it to hold up on course under pressure. If you want to fix a slice, you need to change the path from too steep to more horizontal. To do that you need to fix the cause of the steep path, which is only able to be done correctly by changing the origin or set up, i.e the grip, body angles, posture etc.
If any coach thinks they can change a swing without changing the set up they are kidding themselves and their student. The sequence of movements in a swing are directly related to where the swing starts from, period. I try to keep a students natural swing if it is correct but if it was then they wouldnt be coming for a lesson to start with. All golfers I teach are having a lesson because they are unhappy with their current game and ball flight.
For long term students that have correct set up and body shape, then it is a matter of tweaking things when they may have fallen away from the model. i.e club face, arm direction, turn etc. It is all about taking out the un necessary movements and the reliance on timing and rythym so it works better, more often. I have many examples of students that have come from other academies who have been tweaked, it is very ugly and not fixing the core problem, it works short term but not in the long term. You are gonna play golf till you are 100 (if you live that long) Why not build a swing for yourself that will stand the test of time.
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
shotah

PostSubject: Re: Why not take lessons?   Why not take lessons? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:18 pm

Hi RSS, from the write up you have, i know who to look for if i have problems liao...... Smile
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
weesern

PostSubject: Re: Why not take lessons?   Why not take lessons? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:29 pm

if the core of the problem is the whole swing, of coz change the whole swing... important is to find the core of the problem...

like u said the student can set up properly yet start having other issues, you will 'adjust' it back...
Back to top Go down
Right_sided_coach
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
Right_sided_coach

PostSubject: Re: Why not take lessons?   Why not take lessons? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 pm

Right_sided_coach wrote:
Right_sided_coach wrote:
shotah wrote:
This question is for RSS, maybe you would like to tell me who are the pros that are using RSS so that i can pay attention the next time i see them on TV. I am a person who believe in statistics and only when its confirm, tia tio tai guarantee, then I would want to give it a try but othe than that, I will just stick to my normal old school swing.

Here is a short list of current and former students of RSS. There are many more
Rodney Pampling (multiple wins on US Tour and Australian and European Tour)
Peter Senior (too many wins to mention)
Peter Lonard (now with Leadbetter and strugggling at 163 on Fed Ex Cup)
Gavin Coles (multiple wins on Nationwide Tour)
Jan Stephenson (3 time major champion)
Quincy Quek (was Sings #1 amateur, just turned pro)
Nathan Green (this weeks winner of Canadian Open)
Paul Gow (winner on Nationwide and Aust Tour)
Daniel Vansic (winner on Euro Tour)
Peter Baker (winner 2 weeks ago on Challenge Tour)
Rebecca Flood (amateur) just qualified for Womens British Open
Gavin Flint (former)
Andre Stolz (winner US Tour)
Australian Tour players
Anthony Painter
Stuart Bouvier
Brad Lamb
Andrew Bonhome
Martin Doyle
Euan Walters

Just off the top of my head. Many more as well as an impressive list of youngsters coming thru amateur ranks

Forgot to add Scott Barr on the list. He shot -5 today in Brunei Open

This weeks results so far for RSS

Rod Pampling -5 Buick Open Rd 1
Scott Barr - 9 Brunei Open after 2nd round (3rd)
Gavin Coles -3 Nationwide Tour after 1st Rnd (T7th)

Hope they can put 4 good rounds together and have a win
Back to top Go down
The Golfing Machine
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Why not take lessons?   Why not take lessons? - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:15 pm

Wish em well...
Scott has a great swing...you will be able to point Scott out on the range by the sound he makes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why not take lessons?   Why not take lessons? - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why not take lessons?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5