Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Golf Lessons Together?

Go down 
+6
duffader
mavicken
nrafee
nientsu
kennyky
AFYK
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AFYK
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

Golf Lessons Together? Empty
PostSubject: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Hello there!!

I am thinking of taking golf lessons at Marina Bay Driving Range. Wondering if anyone would like to join me to split the costs?

I'll be emailing the golf school (Star Golf Academy) shortly to ask for one lesson with a local pro on Thursday (8pm or otherwise 9pm). If I like the coach, I might buy an intermediate golf package (every Wednesday or Thursday, 8pm or 9pm). The rates are here:

http://www.stargolf.com.sg/index.php/our-packages/intermediate.

Its obviously cheaper if there are more people. Is anyone interested? We can try one lesson on Thursday, and then take it from there. Message me if you are interested.

Cheers!!
Alvin Smile bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 8:35 pm

im super interested but i think i will need to take the beginner package too as i played golf but not with teacher !
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:53 pm

but from what i read mbgc may not be the best place to learn...
Back to top Go down
AFYK
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Update for those that PM me. Still waiting on Star Golf to get back to me on whether there's an instructor for tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
AFYK
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 pm

hey kennyky

why do you say marina bay isn't good to learn?
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:39 pm

check on the forum. search mbgc lessons. ppl usually said that the instructors there are not commited in training their students
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:08 pm

I know lots of ppe who took lessons there. And they had to go for basic lessons again with other coaches to re-learn things.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy
nrafee

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 4:04 pm

nientsu wrote:
I know lots of ppe who took lessons there. And they had to go for basic lessons again with other coaches to re-learn things.

i second that.
Back to top Go down
mavicken
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Hi everyone,

I shared this with Kenny in another post but I'll repeat it here.

Swing Perfection is an indoor golf centre in Killiney Road and we do golf lessons here. It's just be a stone's throw away from Somerset MRT.

Learning in our indoor golf centre has some benefits:

1. Comfortable air-con environment
2. No need to keep buying balls
3. Not so many people watching
4. Conveniently located
5. Full club sets are provided
6. Technology used to show shot data
7. Swing analyzer system that can record & playback your swing in slow motion or frame by frame

Give me a call at 67371321 or 97662874 if you need more info on the lesson pricing and structure.

Ken
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
duffader

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 9:54 pm

I would prefer to see a proper ball flight as a beginner. No offense but golf is an outdoor thing, indoors are more like gathering, meetups etc. I would still recommend a beginner to go for lessons at a range. Better still 1 on 1.
Back to top Go down
korolev
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 12:45 am

Hi there, count me in!

Unfortunately, i'm only good with Saturday Evenings or Sunday Mornings. I browsed through Asian Golf Centre website and find it pretty impressive.

http://www.agc.com.sg/default.asp

Anyone here experienced AGC? Thanks
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy
mloy

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 9:40 am

duffader wrote:
I would prefer to see a proper ball flight as a beginner. No offense but golf is an outdoor thing, indoors are more like gathering, meetups etc. I would still recommend a beginner to go for lessons at a range. Better still 1 on 1.

Agree with you totally.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:42 pm

If u asked me, none of the coaches in agc or mbgc is as good as Brett from nsrcc, Alan Kelly from lagunA, Paul Tudor the rss or Joey from kep. I know peoPle who are under them and they have nothing but good stuff to say bout their coaches.
Back to top Go down
korolev
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:43 pm

nientsu wrote:
If u asked me, none of the coaches in agc or mbgc is as good as Brett from nsrcc, Alan Kelly from lagunA, Paul Tudor the rss or Joey from kep. I know peoPle who are under them and they have nothing but good stuff to say bout their coaches.

This is really useful. Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 6:25 pm

sorry but what is rss and kep ?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy
nientsu

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 10:34 pm

Kep: Keppel Club

Rss: Right Sided swing : another method of swing.
Back to top Go down
AFYK
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:19 pm

nientsu wrote:

Hey Nientsu

Thanks for that.

That is so kind of you to share. Helpful information to keep in mind.

For those that PM me I had a session with Jamal at MBC on Thursday and came away with a couple of pointers. Definitely still have lots to learn and he says if I relax a little I'm more likely to get a smooth swing. Shouldn't force the shot.

We were talking about maybe continuing together.. Will practice at MBC somtime tomorrow or Monday afternoon for those that would like to meet.

Do PM me if interested.
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 2:37 pm

up please =s
Back to top Go down
limck007
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 7:53 pm

in Laguna, how about taking lesson from Kentaro ???

any comments?? i cant seems to find any infor/review about him in the forum
Back to top Go down
lovinggolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 12:56 am

hmmm..been reading the msgs about mbgc pros..dont know about the rest but i had my lessons and still am having them with Jamal from stargolf..i really enjoy my sessions with him and ive been really improving..ive introduced him to a few of my friends and they've all learned well with him. i would strongly recommend him to anyone whos looking to take up lessons at mbgc! cheers guys~!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Lessons Together?   Golf Lessons Together? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Golf Lessons Together?
Page 1 of 1