Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

beginner lessons ? where?

Go down 
+3
ydk
navik
kennyky
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

beginner lessons ? where? Empty
PostSubject: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Guys,

I am new in singapore, and i want to start golf. i played on the range quite a few times already but i think its time for me to correct my swing =p

so here are my questions, im living in sommerset and i dont know where to go for a driving range ? the closest the better i guess.
(i dont have a car so i may go by cab thats why the cheapest may be the better, or if there is transportation im fine...)

and do you have any pros/instructors for beginner lessons to recommend in the place suggested above ? or somewhere else.

i dont have much money so i will be glad if some new ppl want to join me for the beginner course. in groups is cheaper and funnier i guess.

any tips u have would help me.

thanks
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Sommerset is actually somewhat central, so about the same where you go.

Can look for Shorthitter (Allen Kelly) at Laguna.

MRT from Sommerset to Tanah Merah MRT, and take a short cab ride from there.

Back to top Go down
ydk
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:47 pm

hi kenny. where are u from? sg is so small compared to other countries I'm sure a little ride to the extreme ends shouldn't be that troublesome right?

I took lessons from Paul aka rss coach in rcc. perhaps the most ulu place to learn golf but I'm now a lot more consistent. still prone to the occasional muffed shots now and then but that's just me.

I'm sure there are many good coaches who would be willing to give you a trial lesson to let you see if you are comfortable with his methods though. gd luck!
Back to top Go down
mavicken
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Hi Kenny,

Living close to Somerset means you're close to our shop (Swing Perfection) in Killiney Road! We do golf lessons in our indoor golf centre and it'll just be a stone's throw away for you.

Learning in our indoor golf centre has some benefits:

1. Comfortable air-con environment
2. No need to keep buying balls
3. Not so many people watching
4. Conveniently located
5. Full club sets are provided
6. Technology used to show shot data
7. Swing analyzer system that can record & playback your swing in slow motion or frame by frame

Give me a call at 67371321 or 97662874 if you need more info on the lesson pricing and structure.

Ken
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:12 pm

hey guys

im from france actually. it s true its not very big, but in france i have a car =p hahah
rcc if its raffles country club i think its way to far, same for tnah merah its very far !

and mavicken i do know ur shop as i walk in front of it every day !
im more interested to be outdoor, its golf isnt it =p
but we shall see

so far zhat i found driving range around is toa payoh, marina bay golf course and bishan, is there something else ?

and what abt lessons there ? =p
Back to top Go down
mavicken
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:40 pm

Bonjour Kenny,

Je parle un peu de francais. Smile C'est vrai que traditionnellement on fait du golf a l'exterieur mais cela a changé maintenant.

Since you pass by our shop every day, just drop in and look for me sometime and I'll show you around a little bit. You'll be able to better understand what learning golf indoors is like.

We have a number of students living in the area and they're quite happy with the indoor range mode and convenience. You can always save the outdoors experience when you're ready to get on the course! Smile

I hope you'll take the chance to come by. We're open from 11am to 12mn, Tue to Sun.

A bientot!

Ken
Back to top Go down
christine123
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:54 pm

I'm interested to find beginner like me who wants to learn how to play golf in a 10 hours golf course together. Interested party, please contact me via email. Thanks.

Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 10:12 am

Kenny, you can also try Keppel Club. Iceberg took her lessons there. IMHO, it is more important to get a coach who can communicate with you effectively.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
watermyforrest

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:09 pm

navik wrote:
Sommerset is actually somewhat central, so about the same where you go.

Can look for Shorthitter (Allen Kelly) at Laguna.

MRT from Sommerset to Tanah Merah MRT, and take a short cab ride from there.

+1

Can't go wrong with this Kiwi pro guy... Extremely recommended...
Beer
Back to top Go down
kennyky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2012 10:27 pm

Thanks guys !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: beginner lessons ? where?   beginner lessons ? where? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

beginner lessons ? where?
Page 1 of 1