Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course

Go down 
+11
benjaminsg
gtwagon9191
zhenxua
bintanlagoongolf
bono
bintanlagoon
slinger
ghoonk
Tituman
Duval_S
jurongtiger
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course Empty
PostSubject: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:57 pm

Spent a nice weekday playing with my buddies at the above course last week.

Conditions:

The fairway was nicely kept and the bunkers were white and fluffy. The greens were good and fast. As we played on a weekday, the pace was relaxed. Many Koreans and Japanese. No water refills along the way, other than back to the clubhouse. Maybe I am too used to courses in UAE.

Difficulty

Teed off from the white tees this time cos one of our friends is a beginner. The course suddenly looked much shorter and other than a few doglegged Par 4's, the course was invitingly manageable. Overall a short and fun course.

Green Fee

At 90 SGD nett for in house guest on a weekday, it was reasonable. We chose the Seaview Course and other than the signature short Par 3 next to the beach, the rest of the holes were played in the jungle, much like the other course by Ian Baker (which cost 10 SGD less).

Resort

That has more to shout about. We chose the Angsoka 4 bed room, double storey villa. At 325 sqm and with its private bbq pit, swimming pool, buggy and garden, my party of 8 were very satisfied, after the golf game. Great for big families. For smaller groups, villas with 2 or 3 rooms are available as well. Weekday at 484SGD, weekends at 700+ and PH at 1400++.

Perks

The resort and the proximity of the villas to the beach front, with or w/o the buggies offered some fun for the family. The private pool to relaxed before and after games is a welcoming perk. The practise facilities are 500m from the villas and a good place to have fun when the wives are at spa.

Recommendation

3rd time staying at Bintan Lagoon and would definitely choose to stay there again for its value. The course remains much to shout about. Might have taken the advise and played at Ria for a couple of bucks more. Work out your math carefully though if you are not staying for at least a night. Ferry both ways for me were at 67 SGD.

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course 13296_437209808083_766638083_5528714_5740790_n

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course 13296_437209848083_766638083_5528717_832794_n

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course 13296_437209793083_766638083_5528712_4412169_n

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course 13296_437209718083_766638083_5528701_1084837_n

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course 13296_437209963083_766638083_5528732_3569043_n

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course 13296_437210803083_766638083_5528743_6905346_n
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi Bro...how did you book for this? Thinking of going there to loosen up with wifey and kiddy......they play and I golf......idea...or wishful thinking...hahah
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:42 pm

Hey, I am going on the 5 - 7 June. Me same case. Only golfer. But will be booking the villa as my x-colleague family also joining us. Ay least got private swimming pool. Will be taking the Angsoka Villa 4 Bedrooms.

Last edited by Tituman on Mon May 10, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghoonk
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:07 am

jurongtiger, did you manage to fix the slice/fade?
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:42 am

Tituman wrote:
Hey, I am going on the 5 - 6 June. Me same case. Only golfer. But will be booking the villa as my x-colleague family also joining us. Ay least got private swimming pool. Will be taking the Angsoka Villa 4 Bedrooms.

D, let me talk to my family.....see if i can join u guys
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:44 am

JT, the 4bedroom in the angsana bungalow, wats the configuration.....master rm, twin bed, queen bed????

last time we went we stay at the bougavillea, also 4 bedrm but rooms bit small....
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 9:55 am

Quote :
slinger wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Hey, I am going on the 5 - 6 June. Me same case. Only golfer. But will be booking the villa as my x-colleague family also joining us. Ay least got private swimming pool. Will be taking the Angsoka Villa 4 Bedrooms.

D, let me talk to my family.....see if i can join u guys

It will be my honor if I can play with Bro Titu and Bro Slinger....

Will start my value prop presentation to my CO and then followed by sign-off (hopefully)...

Bro Titu: How you book? any agency to recommend?
Back to top Go down
bintanlagoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bintanlagoon

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:46 pm

Hey guys,

We just got onto www.journeyful.com, a new social network with hotel booking functionality. We are the first hotel to be featured on the site as beta testers (our sister property in Phuket is the second) and the rates offered on this site is very attractive.

Apart from great rates, there's a Travel Net function on the site that alllows you to see who else is in the resort during the same time as you, so golfers can meet like-minded people there for a game or 2!

Cheers,
Rae
Bintan Lagoon Resort
Back to top Go down
http://www.bintanlagoon.com
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:31 pm

I booked my hotel stay at a great price at www.journeyful.com lor
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:31 pm

Not much. But got 11 bogeys from there. Smile

ghoonk wrote:
jurongtiger, did you manage to fix the slice/fade?
Back to top Go down
bintanlagoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bintanlagoon

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:33 pm

Good on ya Tiger! Very smart of you to dig out the deal. Smile

How did you get to hear of it?
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:35 pm

One master with attached toilet facing sea

Two twins

One single bed

One huge hall with TV and Hifi

One dining area good for 10 pax

One pantry with microwave and crockery and stove

One poker/smoking room with 2 sofas

Total 3 bathrooms

Total 325 sqm of build up area!

slinger wrote:
JT, the 4bedroom in the angsana bungalow, wats the configuration.....master rm, twin bed, queen bed????

last time we went we stay at the bougavillea, also 4 bedrm but rooms bit small....
Back to top Go down
bintanlagoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bintanlagoon

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 3:43 pm

And a private pool!
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:29 pm

Used to enjoy playing this course with my family very often as they had great deals for NSRCC members, both rooms and green fees but not anymore.

The latest revision in the special rates between Bintan Lagoon and NSRCC is kinda of disappointing. From SGD45 per 18H round it is now SGD80 Mad . Room rates have also gone up.
Back to top Go down
bintanlagoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer
bintanlagoon

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:42 pm

Hi Alvin,

I'll reflect your feedback to the Club Manager, as I am not familiar with the rates they offer to the golf clubs here.

As for rates, I think you will be pretty happy with the Journeyful rates. Smile

Cheers,
Rae
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm

bintanlagoon wrote:
Hi Alvin,

I'll reflect your feedback to the Club Manager, as I am not familiar with the rates they offer to the golf clubs here.

As for rates, I think you will be pretty happy with the Journeyful rates. Smile

Cheers,
Rae

Thanks Rae. I look forward to better rates Smile .
Back to top Go down
jurongtiger
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
jurongtiger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:59 pm

I got no commission from Bintan lagoon, but I think they are quite accomodating as far as early check in and late check out is concerned.

Subject to availiability of course.

Also, if you are worried that your family is left stranded when you take the villa buggy to golf, dun worry, they can just dial the reception and the resort wld send a driver to pick your family up to whereever they wanna go.

I find that quite thoughtful
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:54 pm

slinger wrote:

Hi bro, you got pm

titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 7:55 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Hi Bro...how did you book for this? Thinking of going there to loosen up with wifey and kiddy......they play and I golf......idea...or wishful thinking...hahah

Hi bro Duval, you got pm.

titu
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:01 pm

thanks, holding board mtg tonite with cfo....see how things pan out
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:21 pm

Wah!!! so soon....mine will be on Friday evening ....after my 'last paper '
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:09 pm

arranging for logistic support.....leaving the kids home
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:13 pm

slinger wrote:
arranging for logistic support.....leaving the kids home

Then if you still prefer the villa, can combine with 'other' friends. Just a thought. Was informed that due to school holidays, the ferry on that day at 1110 am already fully booked. Not sure about earlier as my wife don't want to get up so early. Have settled for 1210 pm local time departure. Reached there around noon due to time difference. Can still make the afternoon tee off 130 - 2 pm timing kekekek

titu
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer
slinger

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 12:18 pm

most likely taking a room in the hotel...... u n yr frens dun disturb my lomanti weekend hor
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer
Tituman

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 2:21 pm

I will hit some shots right under your window practicing Phil's flop shot.... kekkeke Razz
But seriously, if interested, have to quickly book the ferry tickets as some already fully booked.

titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course   Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bintan Lagoon Resort - Jack Nicklaus Seaview Course
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next