Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?

Go down 
+3
shorthitter
Match84
pocketace
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? Empty
PostSubject: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:13 pm

Folks

I'm spending a few days there in Bintan in March with the family

Will be sneaking in a round at Ria (Ocean course) and one at Bintan Lagoon (Jack Nicklaus course)

anyone played there recently? How's the cond? I'm looking forward to playing them
Back to top Go down
Match84
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
Match84

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:30 pm

pocketace wrote:
Folks

Will be sneaking in a round at Ria (Ocean course) and one at Bintan Lagoon (Jack Nicklaus course)

anyone played there recently? How's the cond? I'm looking forward to playing them

Hi there ... I play last week at Jack Nicklaus and Ian Baker. Well maintain course. Jack Nicklaus is more suitable for me cos of the SUPER SUPER WIDE FAIRWAY... No need to scare ball slice away into the forest. Ian Baker course is very challenging. I cant find any flat ground (slope after slope) except for the Tee off and fairway is much narrow .. Lol ...

U staying in Bintan Lagoon Resort ?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
shorthitter

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:34 pm

pocketace wrote:
Folks

Come 25/26/27 and play with meee...........
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals
9points

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 5:48 pm

pocketace wrote:
Folks

The last I played JN was 2 months back and the few sections on certain fairways were going through G.U.R work, with a few other soggy areas. Other than that, it is as good as ever for JN standard. Greens were pretty slow, however putts rolled pretty well. The sands were quite compact and hard. It's been ages since I used to play JN frequently and 2 months ago was a once in a blue moon trip Smile

Ria Bintan has always been great overall. Views are spectacular, fairways and roughs and tee boxes are always maintaned very well. The only problem I can think of with RB is Ocean Hole #5 as there seems to always been on going G.U.R work carried out on the left section of the fairway and rough and as for the front part of the green itself, the grass just doesn't seem to grow well.

Other than that, Ocean has always been in great shape and greens are always slick Smile

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:04 pm

Thanks mate Match84 & 9points for your feedback
I was concerned after the Moziac group took over, I dunno how much emphasis they will give on maintaining the course

Couple years back, before Moziac group took over, when I played at JN course, I see flowers and weeds creeping into the fw. Let's see when I get there...

Yes I agree, always enjoyed playing RB

Allen, I'm there the week before you... Cannot lah, I cannot go again the following week. Enjoy your stay!

Btw I'll be staying at ClubMed. Looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 6:13 pm

Guys, separate question. Since I'm gonna be staying in ClubMed, it is technically the same piece of property as RB

I've been quoted by RB for 2-way transfers between ClubMed to RB as $48... Seemed to be on the high side. Do you have alternative (more economical) lobang?

I shudder to think how much will my 2-way transfers between ClubMed and Bintan Lagoon will cost me. Sad

Happy to hear all suggestions. Thanks
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 9:41 pm

Brudder....

I did what you are planning to do... Dump the kids and wife in ClubMed and run out for golf !?? cheers Hahaha

Yup... Things not cheap in Bintan la.. But upon your arrival at ClubMed pls check with the RB golf counter in the resort...

How did you get the game arranged ? From CM? They usually provide free transfer... Otherwise, it's a lot cheaper to ask the G.O. at CM to book a cab for you.

CM Bintan was run by this sgp lady called Merlin. She's damn good.... We had the best CM experience there.. Now she's posted to Cherating. I hope Bintan is still good.

Have fun bro!! My family n I loved it..
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm

I called the 1800 clubmed number and told em I wanna arrange golf games

The reply I got is, "oh you gotta call the golf club yourself"

Grrrr.... Never mind I endure.... I will sort it out

Yes, I plan to deposit my kids with the Peter Pan 'GO' then head off to golf with wife.

Looks like one more forum bro will be there same week. We'll be golfing together! cheers

Btw, Chien, would you care to elaborate how 'good' is Merlin? Pray tell! Razz
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
chien

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Ahahaha...

Bro.. Club Med for family ok... No other pun intended.... Merlin was always visible.. Omni present I would say... She made the whole village super noisy and fun.. And the customer service experience there was fantastic...

Have a good game there bro and I looking forward to our 2203 date !

cheers
Back to top Go down
bono
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 7:19 am

Chef de village for Bintan CM should be now Mike Clarke a young Aussie. Also an entertaining chap but i guess all G.O. are trained that way.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer
pocketace

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 10:30 am

It's been over 8 years since I last been to CM Bintan. It was a positive experience back then

This time, hope it's still good that my kids will enjoy the activites the GOs organise and... I get to enjoy some good golf with stunning sea views

Most importantly, Hope the weather will be good! cheers
Back to top Go down
AhLEM
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer
AhLEM

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 1:48 pm

ClubMed Bintan also organised friendly golf game on Tue (if I remember correctly). Just 9 holes though followed by a beer drinking session at hole 9 green overlooking the ocean. Enjoy yourself! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?   Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bintan Golf - any recent games at Ria or Bintan Lagoon?
Page 1 of 1