Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jack Nicklaus is 72

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer
HyBriD

Jack Nicklaus is 72  Empty
PostSubject: Jack Nicklaus is 72    Jack Nicklaus is 72  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Golden Bear turned 72 last Saturday.
January 21

Jack Nicklaus turned 72 today. 72. A number that most golfers live their life around. A number that, in essence, is everything we sticks base our lives around. Are we under par or over par? Did we shoot even par? What are the leaders at?

Nicklaus is easily my favorite golfer of all time. The guy was everything you would want in a competitor at a time when golf was basically impossible not to watch. He battled Arnold Palmer, Lee Trevino, Johnny Miller and Tom Watson. He showed brilliance at the age of 22 and 46, and put himself in contention at a major when he was 58. He hit the ball far, solid and was one of those rare people that not only wanted to have the last putt at a tournament, but wanted to have it because he knew he'd make it.

Many people have written tons of better tributes to Nicklaus over the years than my little spill here, but it's crazy to think that the Golden Bear is 72 and time just continues to muster on.

source page
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/pnchung

Jack Nicklaus is 72
Page 1 of 1